No. 1 Mater Dei defeats No. 2 SJB 38-24

ATLien12x

7 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

DV and STA deserve to be there too. 

I saw STA vs DLS in person and I think MD would shut them out something like 28-0... SJB would do the same...

DLS is undersized and their QB played a Terrible game, Dudes were open everywhere and he couldn’t get them the ball.... BY would shred that Defense...

Even with the incredible Size Difference DLS was just as Physical in that game, STA offense wouldn’t move the ball against MD or SJB....

I was incredibly impressed with STA in person but No Way is STA Tier 1... 

• Like 2

Just now, GardenStateBaller said:

Difference is 4 points. About equal to me. SFA outscored MD in the second half of their game!!

I won't mention that MD would have had a running clock in the 3rd qtr. if running clocks started that early.

I also won't mention that Biff basically conceded the game at halftime....

But someone else may mention these things.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Have you seen STAs D (73 points in 8 games)??? SFA and SJB with losses now should be dropped to T2 IMO. 

Same stuff as last year, SFA and SJB have no loses with Texas and Florida schedules... Texas and Florida have same record as SJB with their schedule. SJB beats STA easily and prob most likely beats SFA with qb play. 

• Thanks 2
  • Like 2

Just now, GardenStateBaller said:

Difference is 4 points. About equal to me. SFA outscored MD in the second half of their game!!

No that’s not the difference. Bosco is so much better schematically especially on offense. & ok they outscored MD in the second half and still lost 34-18. Was a complete murder in the first half. Md took their foot off the gas to start the second half as you know. They did the same against Bosco. I still take Bosco over st frances because frances is one dimensional and Bosco is complete. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

That was very early in the season. STA is much better and stronger now. 

Maybe but so are MD and SJB.... No way STA puts up 14 points on either of those teams... DLS could have easily Beat STA if their QB  some plays... BY and DJ would have a Field day against that Defense...

STA can be Tier 1 but having seen them in person they wouldn’t beat a Tier 1 Team...

Maybe They would Beat DV though...🤣

• Like 1

My takeaways from tonight 

The two best teams in the country played tonight.

Bosco beats st frances. St frances beats everybody else.

As most of you witnessed the img sfa game. Sfa is much better than img, who is much better than sta and dv. Think dv or Aquinas plays better on defense and has more athletes than img? Think again. I’m fine with MD SJB & SFA in T1. Will not buy dv img or sta in T1. Do either of those teams play MD within 2 scores? Nope. Who did? Sjb & sfa.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

GSB thinks DBP is much improved with their second string QB now starting.  Thinks they would possibly beat SJB this time.

STA’s second string Dude must be better at Handing the Ball off because that is all their un-impressive offense does...🤣🤣

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bamarod said:

would like to see a STA vs SFA at end of year to gauge a third place, if STA wins convincingly they could jump to possible top tier.  

Exactly how depressed would you be if Lakeland does the same thing to STA that they did last year (and 6 of the 8 times they've met in the playoffs)? Would a couple of counseling sessions make it all OK?

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

Sjb played better against MD than the st frances team you have in T1 🤷‍♂️

3 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

My takeaways from tonight 

The two best teams in the country played tonight.

Bosco beats st frances. St frances beats everybody else.

As most of you witnessed the img sfa game. Sfa is much better than img, who is much better than sta and dv. Think dv or Aquinas plays better on defense and has more athletes than img? Think again. I’m fine with MD SJB & SFA in T1. Will not buy dv img or sta in T1. Do either of those teams play MD within 2 scores? Nope. Who did? Sjb & sfa.

I watched both games and I would take SFA on a neutral field right now. Not for a lot but that game got out of hand quickly and MD let up. The game we all need to see is SFA vs SJB

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

DV and STA deserve to be there too. 

Agreed and so does does St Frances and Bosco. Bosco played MD in the second half better than anybody has played them this season. I wouldn’t drop then them to tier 2 because they lost by 14 to MD. 
I think MD is the outlier now and DV, STA, SFA and Bosco should be in the same tier.

• Like 3