Soul searching time for DLS

Sammyswordsman

7 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

You've got to get off the boards and start paying attention. That's what journalists have been writing since the early 2000s.

They have been saying that since the mid 80's.  Cossacks even wrote the other day about how in 1986, the folks in the stands were saying "this ain't 2A" during the NCS finals.

• Like 1

I know they have sometimes over the years, aired the 1998 Mater Dei/De La Salle game on TV, which was DLS's and MD's first ever time playing each other, DLS won that game by 1 TD, would love to see that game again, I don't think its uploaded on YouTube, one MD-DLS game I have never seen in its entirety before, is the MD-DLS game of 2000, which was Matt Leinarts senior year at MD, MD missed a field goal in that game which would have tied the game and sent it to overtime, wish there was a way to find that game to view and watch.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ararar said:

I know a bunch of excuses and finger pointing have happened.Just like USED to be done to DLS.

So true and It’s still done to DLS.

If you ever go to the Bay Area and get a chance to talk to some folks, ask them about DLS. The responses are 99% negative. It’s “f&$k them, those guys recuit”

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

7 hours ago, Bestcoast said:

They go after 8th graders like nobody’s business.

So, if DJ Uiagalelei transferred  in there after his sophomore year they would tell him “sorry we don’t take transfers”?

Dude, you don’t know shit. I went to DLS for 2 years before transferring OUT of DLS for family issues. We were never approached by anyone from DLS about football as 8th graders and in fact, most of us that came from our catholic school he never even heard of DLS until we went for an info session and to see a play in the theater the same day. Only 3 of us out of 20 boys from our class played football our freshman year at DLS. I remember that half the kids that tried out for the football team didn’t make it through the cuts. I can see that you’re the type of person that spreads rumors and untruths off of other people bullshit stories about recruiting because of jealousy or whatever their beef is with the school. I felt a sense of pride from the day I wrote my admission essay to the unfortunate day I had to leave DLS for another school closer to home. It’s you, and certain other pathetic individuals on this site that for some reason feel the need to perpetuate lies and innuendo. Give it a rest and get a damn life. It’s pretty obvious you’ve never accomplished anything of any significance in your life so maybe you should be a little more cautious living inside that glass house of yours bagging on high school kids and a very successful and well respected school. I have friends with kids attending the school still so I’m not going to idly sit by and let some donk disparage their accomplishments. Damn, this site is about as bad as Breitfart or stormfront 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Bestcoast said:

They go after 8th graders like nobody’s business.

So, if DJ Uiagalelei transferred  in there after his sophomore year they would tell him “sorry we don’t take transfers”?

The answer is yes they would take him

As part of the admissions process, a prospective transfer student to De La Salle should always consider his ability to be eligible for participation in interscholastic sports. While not every transferring student will desire to compete athletically at De La Salle, he should be aware of the rules that govern his eligibility/ineligibility once he enrolls in the school. The North Coast Section (NCS) of the California Interscholastic Federation (CIF) has a very detailed process for athletic eligibility that an applicant should review prior to making a formal decision about acceptance (http://www.cifncs.org/). Some additional information can be found in the Athletics Section of this De La Salle website.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Duckburghsfinest1987 said:

it also reminders, the Inland Empire Ducks youth football, has been a feeder program for MD the past couple of seasons

I like ducks, too, but I'd ace the Ducks part of Inland Empire.  Empire and Ducks don't belong together.  Try:

Huns.

Mongols. 

Barbarians.  Empire & Barbarians don't seem to go, but most don't drill down so much.

Piranha.  Ducks like water, and so, it's possible there's fish underneath.  Very few know where piranha swim around.

Savages.  Almost every big black or Hispanic gang in the Boogie Down Bronx had Savage in their name.  Seemed to work for them--mission accomplished.

Golden Guineas (the nemesis of the Savages).  You probably don't have any, but it sounds cool.  All Guineas are golden, etc.

Drive-bys.  You might get disqualified, but that'll scare most teams other than Detroit's and Crenshaw's,  In fact, they'll pull strings just to get to you guys.

Climate Changers.  You'll have the other teams in stitches as when Charlie Murphy suggested calling Prince's team the blouses, and you saw how that turned out.

I didn't even like Ducks for a name in that Sheen hockey movie.  Falcons are cool.  Eagles.  Hawks.  Go with the Ironmen.  The Braves.  Indian names are still great.  Carthaginians.  The other team will be so confused.  Highwaymen--Teaneck's name.  Like your Empire's road aren't safe, and so, your opponent might not be either.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DLS350 said:

Hmmmm, didn’t see MV in the state games. Enjoy not getting there again!!

Seriously, the entire SS rides on the coat tails of 2 teams.  If you think about it, in NorCal, no one has been able to unseat one team, DLS.  In SoCal, with twice the number of schools, no one is able to unseat two teams, MD and SJB.

Is that really any different?

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

Just now, Cal 14 said:

Seriously, the entire SS rides on the coat tails of 2 teams.  If you think about it, in NorCal, no one has been able to unseat one team, DLS.  In SoCal, with twice the number of schools, no one has been able to unseat two teams, MD and SJB.

I mean, it's only been 4 years since Cen10 went to back to back opens. When's the last time another team challenged DLS in NorCal?

MD and SJB have won a combined 5 section titles this century.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Cal 14 said:

Seriously, the entire SS rides on the coat tails of 2 teams.  If you think about it, in NorCal, no one has been able to unseat one team, DLS.  In SoCal, with twice the number of schools, no one is able to unseat two teams, MD and SJB.

Ask again in another 28 years, then you’ll  know for sure. 

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, dntn31 said:

I mean, it's only been 4 years since Cen10 went to back to back opens. When's the last time another team challenged DLS in NorCal?

MD and SJB have won a combined 5 section titles this century.

Folsom's 14-0 game was closer than anything that Centennial or Mission Viejo has been able to muster over the last 3 years.

I really thought that the Huskies could give the Braves some trouble this year.  The semifinal game showed that the gap in the SS now is not that different than in NorCal.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Duckburghsfinest1987 said:

I know they have sometimes over the years, aired the 1998 Mater Dei/De La Salle game on TV, which was DLS's and MD's first ever time playing each other, DLS won that game by 1 TD, would love to see that game again, I don't think its uploaded on YouTube, one MD-DLS game I have never seen in its entirety before, is the MD-DLS game of 2000, which was Matt Leinarts senior year at MD, MD missed a field goal in that game which would have tied the game and sent it to overtime, wish there was a way to find that game to view and watch.

Not sure if he still has them, but @sausmann9 has a crazy library of games going back many years.  He sent me a bunch of games on DVD's a few years ago.  BTW @sausmann9 my offer for a free day of golf  in Pebble Beach and dinner is still good. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Ararar said:

The answer is yes they would take him

As part of the admissions process, a prospective transfer student to De La Salle should always consider his ability to be eligible for participation in interscholastic sports. While not every transferring student will desire to compete athletically at De La Salle, he should be aware of the rules that govern his eligibility/ineligibility once he enrolls in the school. The North Coast Section (NCS) of the California Interscholastic Federation (CIF) has a very detailed process for athletic eligibility that an applicant should review prior to making a formal decision about acceptance (http://www.cifncs.org/). Some additional information can be found in the Athletics Section of this De La Salle website.

Kahlil McKenzie

• Like 1