maxpreps top 10

Ga96

This is why I don't like the sites that do rankings. If Marietta is #7 with 2 losses then lowndes should be number 8. Lowndes and img have a common opponent being miami northwestern. Lowndes lost 17-9 in the championship while missing their best player and the starting rb playing and clearly didn't look healthy enough to be on the field. Idk how much they factor coaching into rankings because alot of teams are held back due to coaching. Even Sta you could see last night and in their last 3 games that coaching was their problem. Maxpreps is always biased when it comes to cali teams. They rank teams that have 1 major game all year and its always a loss to the top 2 recruited teams in the state. I wouldn't put any team from NC or SC in the top 15.

https://www.maxpreps.com/m/rankings/football/1/national.htm 

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Ga96 said:

This is why I don't like the sites that do rankings. If Marietta is #7 with 2 losses then lowndes should be number 8. Lowndes and img have a common opponent being miami northwestern. Lowndes lost 17-9 in the championship while missing their best player and the starting rb playing and clearly didn't look healthy enough to be on the field. Idk how much they factor coaching into rankings because alot of teams are held back due to coaching. Even Sta you could see last night and in their last 3 games that coaching was their problem. Maxpreps is always biased when it comes to cali teams. They rank teams that have 1 major game all year and its always a loss to the top 2 recruited teams in the state. I wouldn't put any team from NC or SC in the top 15.

Only in a MaxPrep poll can you have 3 losses and STILL be Top 25.

• Haha 2

Just now, GardenStateBaller said:

MP is related to Freeman, which is an algorithm.

No. The Xcellent 25 (aka MaxPreps) is a human poll put together by MaxPreps staff writers and headed by Zack Poff (it's possible that he just does himself these days, though they don't really say explicitly). MaxPreps uses CalPreps as the "MaxPreps Computer Rankings" which is distinct from the Xcelllent 25 poll. Just like when USAToday had a computer rankings they just used the Massey Computer rankings which were distinct from the human-based USAToday poll.

Honestly, do you even follow high school football?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Any poll that crowns a MNC one week prior to the season being over is tainted in my book. #rigged

I recall seeing where MP posted whomever won the playoff game between SJB and MD would be MNC and that there was 3 weeks left in the season. So no matter if DV beat NS or STA winning state and Geico Bowl game neither team had a shot at winning their poll. MP did the right thing last year by crowning NS #1, but to have STA at #3 behind a team that didn't make to the state finals is just bad. #Westcoastbias 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ga96 said:

I'm a bit disappointed that the computers like 1 loss North Shore over undefeated STA even after they played in the Geico.    I truly get it with the teams that went crazy with their diverse schedules like MD and even SJB, but I don't think that impressive playoff run (which is always a tough run), should overcome an undefeated season with (IMO) comparable feats.    

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ga96 said:

So once again, who are your top 10 teams? No need to be scared either. Who ya got?

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Any poll that crowns a MNC one week prior to the season being over is tainted in my book. #rigged

This! It's just fucking dumb to announce when there is still football to be played. Even if you know that mathematically it may be impossible in your algorithm, it's just terrible optics. 

• Like 1