University of Grayson

ATLien12x

1 minute ago, HawgGoneIt said:

New coach, new look, new attitude, new scheduling practices, new, new, new.

Rush did the same thing when he came in. Colquitt went from interlocking C's on flat black helmets and using a local company for uniforms to the Packers logo that most people now recognize with just the word Packers across the helmet. The real turf field got taken up and field turf installed not long after. 

I guess this is all a similar situation. Probably sure to poke the hornet nest around again I guess. At least the ones that are still holding on to anger and what not. xD

So Booster cash is still strong, huh?

Impressive considering the chasm created with the drama. 

Probably a good move, remodel, clean up and keep that Packer train running. 

BGW

1 minute ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

So Booster cash is still strong, huh?

Impressive considering the chasm created with the drama. 

Probably a good move, remodel, clean up and keep that Packer train running. 

BGW

Not sure how this all got funded. Thinking this was mostly school board funds trying to smooth stuff over to show they do care about football. A lot of folks said they didn't care because of what they did and how they did it after so much booster money paying for so much of everything. 

I'd be interested to see how it all got allocated honestly. The thought was the school board kinda wanted to take the "money" out of it. Take that how you want. Certain money people? Private funds? Whatever, idk. People think a lot of stuff and are rarely totally on target. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Not sure how this all got funded. Thinking this was mostly school board funds trying to smooth stuff over to show they do care about football. A lot of folks said they didn't care because of what they did and how they did it after so much booster money paying for so much of everything. 

I'd be interested to see how it all got allocated honestly. The thought was the school board kinda wanted to take the "money" out of it. Take that how you want. Certain money people? Private funds? Whatever, idk. People think a lot of stuff and are rarely totally on target. 

This falls under “Life” test where the lessons come after the test. 

Hopefully it will work out. 

I’m idealistic when it comes to community.   

But Valdosta yella... IDK Hawg.... that kinda like putting North Gwinnett red in the same zip code of Buford. Blasphemous and sacrilegious!!! Yikes.  

BGW

• Haha 1

Parkview’s Terian Williams (rising junior with offers from Florida and Florida State) has transferred to Grayson. WR/DB. Used to be a quarterback in GFL, really good athlete. Not as talented as their last few additions but certainly a starter for them

Hearing Cody Brown may leaving Parkview, too. Not to Grayson though :D 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

Parkview’s Terian Williams (rising junior with offers from Florida and Florida State) has transferred to Grayson. WR/DB. Used to be a quarterback in GFL, really good athlete. Not as talented as their last few additions but certainly a starter for them

So in other words Parkviews losing some ballers. 

1 hour ago, AztecPadre said:

Dang Grayson is staking up some players.  How many have they received so far?

Bout as many as Folsom last season past. 

IDK. 

Hell, a better program with facilities, coaching and community is up the street in Buford. 

Athletics may get the attention but the academic side is top notch, seen it up close. Kids hit the ground running in college. 

I shit you not. 

BGW

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ATLien12x said:

Man with all these transfers, they better have a schedule like the 2016 schedule. 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

So, what are you saying? Y’all gonna boat race the field next season and lose in the finals?

BGW

No I’m saying that 16’ was a bunch of Bullshit with Grayson. I know Buford has done it for years and that has been corrected with the placement of y’all in 6A. We have a first year coach and a good front seven coming back

18 minutes ago, MTP28 said:

Open enrollment, all male schools

Buford is not all male and the tuition applicants got moved to rising 9th graders then to kindergarten 2 years later. 

2008-09 then 2011-12 I believe, floodgates were closed. Don’t have the space. 

And we don’t do portable classrooms. 

What else you got Homeslice. 

BGW

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Buford is not all male and the tuition applicants got moved to rising 9th graders then to kindergarten 2 years later. 

2008-09 then 2011-12 I believe, floodgates were closed. Don’t have the space. 

And we don’t do portable classrooms. 

What else you got Homeslice. 

BGW

Look forward to you fellas playing a consistent 6A schedule. What again was the reasoning fo that? My understanding was due to the open enrollment status. Do y’all have 2000 students

On 1/30/2020 at 7:50 PM, HawgGoneIt said:

I'm thinking the new turf is PTC.  The lighting and other upgrades are SB funds.  I think.

I'm also hearing there's gonna be a lot of NEW looks this year.  Shoot...we might even run a 4-3-5 on defense in certain games.

If North Morven is right (and they usually are)...Colquitt will only play five AAAAAAA teams in the regular season.  And three of those are mandatory.

Oh Woe Is Us !!!!!

Rufus>>

• Like 1