Valdosta wildcats HC fired

Ga96

1 minute ago, Sweetlarry said:

If he was at Westlake in 17 he’s not worth a damn. 

Marietta played them in the first round of the playoffs when Bailey first hot back from his injury and beat them like 35-7 at westlake. 

the westlake team was brutally outcoached and had no business being in the field with Marietta. 

color me unimpressed 

He's never won anything but some region titles... The catch is that he has coached in some shit regions. 

• Like 1

I guess time will tell, but, likely a foolish move for Valdosta considering the caliber of coaches they've had sniffing around. 

All I know, is, they're in the same type shape Colquitt was last season with time fleeting. New guy is gonna have to stick with a lot of the stuff they're already doing because he won't have time to change up. 

27 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

Why, is the new guy a brotha?

Yes, he is African American and the 5 board members that voted to fire Rodemaker were all African American.

Don't you find it ironic that they fired a white coach, passed on national champion coaches (white), just to hire a minority coach that hasn't ever won anything in his coaching career?

I don't know if you ever watched that many series on Valdosta football from a few years ago, but their was a lot of racial division among the black community in Valdosta because of the starting QBs skin color.

50 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

He's never won anything but some region titles... The catch is that he has coached in some shit regions. 

Coach Morgan completely outcoached this dude and the westlake team looked clueless. I was baffled that they won their region as awful as they looked. 

It’s one thing to be overmatched but something else to have a HSFB team lok like they had never played the game before. 

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I guess time will tell, but, likely a foolish move for Valdosta considering the caliber of coaches they've had sniffing around. 

All I know, is, they're in the same type shape Colquitt was last season with time fleeting. New guy is gonna have to stick with a lot of the stuff they're already doing because he won't have time to change up. 

Come on Hawg...it's only early March.  We waited till the end of April !!!!

Rufus>>

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Yes, he is African American and the 5 board members that voted to fire Rodemaker were all African American.

Don't you find it ironic that they fired a white coach, passed on national champion coaches (white), just to hire a minority coach that hasn't ever won anything in his coaching career?

I don't know if you ever watched that many series on Valdosta football from a few years ago, but their was a lot of racial division among the black community in Valdosta because of the starting QBs skin color.

I'm pretty sure KS is mos def not white. 

3 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

This was a stupid move... You ousted Rodemaker who won you a title,made deep playoff runs and was loved by the kids got them to buy into the system he was running. 

To get someone who couldn't do crap at Westlake or Coconut Creek (FL) or Griffin. Idk about Coconut Creek but Griffin and Westlake play in Weak regions and he couldn't do anything with them...  

But you're gonna hire him at Valdosta  

Racially motivated or not... This was most definitely a nonsense move... 

If you wanted to hire a black coach there's plenty of better options in Georgia... 

Franklin Stephens-Who probably won't be at Old Mceachern's farm much longer... 

Ron Gartrell at Stephenson- Way better option than Kareem Reid... He gets kids recruited and has experience. 

Marquis Westbrook- Doubt he'd leave Warner Robins though. He has a strong community behind him and the kids love him,plus high pay... 

Maurice "The Hammer" Freeman... Whose probably getting ready to retire. 

Roger Holmes- Who has retired from Dublin. 

They should've kept Rodemaker to begin with though... 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Who told you Kareem is gonna be the new head coach? I'm hearing different things. It'll all come out next Tuesday I believe.... 

3 hours ago, FootballGuy said:

Who told you Kareem is gonna be the new head coach? I'm hearing different things. It'll all come out next Tuesday I believe.... 

The contacts I have say, and this is totally rumor mind you, anyway, they say there is a certain hearing or something supposed to happen very soon, and they're just stalling to wait on the results. The way it was told was, if the hearing happens when it's supposed to with no delay then a meeting down in Valdosta is supposed to happen to announce/approve someone. If the hearing doesn't happen as scheduled or whatever, the Tuesday meeting could be postponed as well. 

Just word on the streets is all. Idk for sure. 

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

The contacts I have say, and this is totally rumor mind you, anyway, they say there is a certain hearing or something supposed to happen very soon, and they're just stalling to wait on the results. The way it was told was, if the hearing happens when it's supposed to with no delay then a meeting down in Valdosta is supposed to happen to announce/approve someone. If the hearing doesn't happen as scheduled or whatever, the Tuesday meeting could be postponed as well. 

Just word on the streets is all. Idk for sure. 

So, KR is a rumor...basically?

Well, I jumped the gun then!

giphy.gif

BGW

8 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

So, KR is a rumor...basically?

Well, I jumped the gun then!

giphy.gif

BGW

Nobody I knew outside of Atlien ever mentioned Reid. 

I don't purport to be a big Valdosta insider though. I do know some folks over that way, and, they've never waivered on who they thought was in the cross hairs so-to-speak. 

That Ga96 cat posted a facebook live video replay link that has a guy, Mikey Davis, that's sources apparently were on the "It's Reid train." Then they may have heard the same rumor that I heard that knocked them off of it. 

These things are so closely watched by big time supporters that sometimes are in "different camps" that, one guy that is very "in the know" can be damn near 100% on something, and the rumor mill goes that direction, then, someone else pretty well "in the know" can be certain of something totally opposite. The boards aren't really the best place to pick up much info that's solid. People like to use the state boards to cause misdirection, make up shit on potential candidates if they don't like that one and etc., because they can do it anonymously. It's a big part of the reason those boards are falling off.

Not saying those posters can't be pretty well in the know, just that many are agenda driven with what they say. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Nobody I knew outside of Atlien ever mentioned Reid. 

I don't purport to be a big Valdosta insider though. I do know some folks over that way, and, they've never waivered on who they thought was in the cross hairs so-to-speak. 

That Ga96 cat posted a facebook live video replay link that has a guy, Mikey Davis, that's sources apparently were on the "It's Reid train." Then they may have heard the same rumor that I heard that knocked them off of it. 

These things are so closely watched by big time supporters that sometimes are in "different camps" that, one guy that is very "in the know" can be damn near 100% on something, and the rumor mill goes that direction, then, someone else pretty well "in the know" can be certain of something totally opposite. The boards aren't really the best place to pick up much info that's solid. People like to use the state boards to cause misdirection, make up shit on potential candidates if they don't like that one and etc., because they can do it anonymously. It's a big part of the reason those boards are falling off.

Not saying those posters can't be pretty well in the know, just that many are agenda driven with what they say. 

Just call me... "Homer".

giphy.gif

BGW

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Just call me... "Homer".

giphy.gif

BGW

It could still totally be Reid. Just not what I've been hearing. Probably information coming from totally different "camps" though. I don't think mine is coming from an agenda driven person though. 

South Georgia football rumors are a trip though. I can tell you that much. xD

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

It could still totally be Reid. Just not what I've been hearing. Probably information coming from totally different "camps" though. I don't think mine is coming from an agenda driven person though. 

South Georgia football rumors are a trip though. I can tell you that much. xD

So dosta is waiting on probst hearing to see how it goes, before announcing a new coach?

31 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

So dosta is waiting on probst hearing to see how it goes, before announcing a new coach?

That's one rumor that I've been hearing as the most steady one for the longest time. 

Then the Reid rumor popped up and a lot of folks were biting on that one. 

Go check out that facebook video discussion that ga96 posted. Skip to about 20 minutes or so in or just start from the beginning. He covers a good deal of it all his self. Seems like the same information he has as me or anyone. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

That's one rumor that I've been hearing as the most steady one for the longest time. 

Then the Reid rumor popped up and a lot of folks were biting on that one. 

Go check out that facebook video discussion that ga96 posted. Skip to about 20 minutes or so in or just start from the beginning. He covers a good deal of it all his self. Seems like the same information he has as me or anyone. 

I truly feel like if Reid was the guy, he'd already be announced as the new head coach. But check this: a reason why it could be taking so long is because the board is waiting to hear something on Rush's "situation." I don't think he's been ruled out as a candidate, so if there aren't any answers by Tuesday, then that should tell you something. Catch my drift? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, FootballGuy said:

I truly feel like if Reid was the guy, he'd already be announced as the new head coach. But check this: a reason why it could be taking so long is because the board is waiting to hear something on Rush's "situation." I don't think he's been ruled out as a candidate, so if there aren't any answers by Tuesday, then that should tell you something. Catch my drift? 

Exactly what I was hearing before listening to Mike Davis on that facebook video.