George Floyd’s Death and Protests

4 minutes ago, Bormio said:

Correct, but local governments have culpability too.  This was not a one-off.  He knew it was being filmed.  He knew it was fine until it went south.  The other 3 cops had no issue with it.  The police administration coddled this behavior.  The mayor did not rein it in.  This was known by higher ups and nothing was done.  Do not absolve these people.

And the assholes should face the consequences. Let the one get the death penalty and the others whatever the max is. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Sweetlarry said:

And the assholes should face the consequences. Let the one get the death penalty and the others whatever the max is. 

3 of them are still free. They're getting benefit of the doubt because they wear a badge, in the face of all the video and in the face of numerous eye witnesses. 

It took 4 days to arrest the guy that literally killed Mr. Floyd in front of those witnesses. They fired them because they fucked up, but, didn't arrest them until shit started hitting the fan. 

Hence, "No justice, No Peace."

4 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

Are you talking about me? What’s my other profile name? That’s news to me.... 

I'm done with you pal. I'll just handle both the profiles I know you were working from the same IP right now. I've really had enough of your abusive behavior and bullshit already anyway. 

I literally asked you nicely to not @ me and whatever. You're an insistent one. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

3 of them are still free. They're getting benefit of the doubt because they wear a badge, in the face of all the video and in the face of numerous eye witnesses. 

It took 4 days to arrest the guy that literally killed Mr. Floyd in front of those witnesses. They fired them because they fucked up, but, didn't arrest them until shit started hitting the fan. 

Who do YOU blame? Who did you blame for all the ones on Obama’s watch? What about bush? Clinton? 

Trump is a dumbass who goes above and beyond in proving it. But so was obama. Bush was just dumb and Clinton, while I thought he did a decent job running the country, was and is a monumental piece of shit. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I'm done with you pal. I'll just handle both the profiles I know you were working from the same IP right now. I've really had enough of your abusive behavior and bullshit already anyway. 

I literally asked you nicely to not @ me and whatever. You're an insistent one. 

He's an Ivy League guy!.... Don't talk to him like that..you should know better!...😉

1 hour ago, Sweetlarry said:

If those white assholes destroyed a bunch of property and burned shit to the ground, fuck em.  I’m with you. I didn’t see where that happened, but would enjoy reading about more pieces of shit. 

Please provide some links about all the shit they destroyed.

I usually don't get into the 'provide some links' bs when you can easily look this shit up yourself.... but for the sake of the point you seem intent on implying 🙄

FB_IMG_1590909203330.jpg

FB_IMG_1590909196669.jpg

FB_IMG_1590909184981.jpg

FB_IMG_1590909179743.jpg

FB_IMG_1590909165220.jpg

FB_IMG_1590909173372.jpg

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

Who do YOU blame? Who did you blame for all the ones on Obama’s watch? What about bush? Clinton? 

Trump is a dumbass who goes above and beyond in proving it. But so was obama. Bush was just dumb and Clinton, while I thought he did a decent job running the country, was and is a monumental piece of shit. 

Comparing Trump to Obama on any level kills anyone's credibility in my estimation 

On another note, Obama put programs in place to combat this very thing... and investigate police Brutality within departments 

Trump scrapped those 

27 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

I blame the system. There is no one person to blame. I do sit back and watch as slow motion train wrecks are getting ready to happen while the people in charge act oblivious. Year after year we see basically the same type of situation play out again and again and nobody does anything systemic to fix it. Every community, city, state, federal government tends to occasionally throw a cop to "the wolves" as an appeasement to "the mob" and everything is supposed to be alright. And it does calm folks for a while until the next time. Now you have a perfect storm of idiot in the Whitehouse, and continuing systemic policing injustices and issues, and here we are. Talking at one another again instead of to one another, because generally the folks of opposing sides of this "conversation" are operating from differing political ideologies. 

I really thought Obama would try to address some of that stuff, but, he chose to spend the majority of his political capital on Healthcare and trying to get us out of economic turmoil. 

This current guy is the "law and order" guy or so his election signs said in my area back in 2015-16. Whose law and whose order though? Supremecists are good people and Kap was scum of the earth for his protests. 

Why can't we have a president that is good at economic stuff, that is also empathetic and cares about civil rights and systemic injustices? Why can't we at least have one that listens to everyone and tries to bring everyone together rather than keep everyone at each other's throats all the time? Why do we always get stuck having to make a choice between those things? Why when we seem to have that guy did someone kill him? There's a lot of whys and very few answers and few politicians that care to try answering or fitting into that mold. 

• Thanks 2
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I blame the system. There is no one person to blame. I do sit back and watch as slow motion train wrecks are getting ready to happen while the people in charge act oblivious. Year after year we see basically the same type of situation play out again and again and nobody does anything systemic to fix it. Every community, city, state, federal government tends to occasionally throw a cop to "the wolves" as an appeasement to "the mob" and everything is supposed to be alright. And it does calm folks for a while until the next time. Now you have a perfect storm of idiot in the Whitehouse, and continuing systemic policing injustices and issues, and here we are. Talking at one another again instead of to one another, because generally the folks of opposing sides of this "conversation" are operating from differing political ideologies. 

I really thought Obama would try to address some of that stuff, but, he chose to spend the majority of his political capital on Healthcare and trying to get us out of economic turmoil. 

This current guy is the "law and order" guy or so his election signs said in my area back in 2015-16. Whose law and whose order though? Supremecists are good people and Kap was scum of the earth for his protests. 

Why can't we have a president that is good at economic stuff, that is also empathetic and cares about civil rights and systemic injustices? Why can't we at least have one that listens to everyone and tries to bring everyone together rather than keep everyone at each other's throats all the time? Why do we always get stuck having to make a choice between those things? Why when we seem to have that guy did someone kill him? There's a lot of whys and very few answers and few politicians that care to try answering or fitting into that mold. 

Because the president is not supposed to be the smartest guy or toughest person, the president  just gotta be so fucking stupid and good at distracting from what really going on, but that’s another day I’ll let troll handle how we’re all just puppets in a fake reality that I created for my own social happiness, 

well I said to much , there’s people watching on here

• Haha 3

24 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I’m good with the one getting the chair and the others getting the max. 

What about the assholes that destroyed everything? I mean, a lot of people’s property and livelihoods were destroyed who had nothing to do with it. Some governors in these states  were arresting people for breaking quarantine. What do you think we do about them? 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Because the president is not supposed to be the smartest guy or toughest person, the president  just gotta be so fucking stupid and good at distracting from what really going on, but that’s another day I’ll let troll handle how we’re all just puppets in a fake reality that I created for my own social happiness, 

well I said to much , there’s people watching on here. 

They're always watching. I've taken and sent what you just said to them actually. Idk, maybe you should expect some strangers to be following you around soon. Pay attention to your surroundings. xD

• Haha 4

21 minutes ago, SOCIntellectualProperty said:

Comparing Trump to Obama on any level kills anyone's credibility in my estimation 

On another note, Obama put programs in place to combat this very thing... and investigate police Brutality within departments 

Trump scrapped those 

Obama had eight years to combat this shit and did nothing but stoke racial animosity from a different perspective. I know he didn’t do a fucking thing for Mexicans when he had the senate and the house. That’s all the power and not one fucking Bill was written. 

As a Mexican who sits on the sidelines and watches this shit, I shake my head an laugh at both sides who are too fucking stupid to see it or too Proud to admit that their side has just as many racist pricks the other other side does. 

If you can’t see them, it’s probably you. 

• Thanks 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

9 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

I’m good with the one getting the chair and the others getting the max. 

What about the assholes that destroyed everything? I mean, a lot of people’s property and livelihoods were destroyed who had nothing to do with it. Some governors in these states  were arresting people for breaking quarantine. What do you think we do about them? 

The law breakers should be dealt with accordingly. They knew when they went out there to loot and destroy what they're risking. Most of them are opportunists using the crowds to do their law breaking under cover because they know the cops are busy. 

Many of them are going to get away with it. Not that different than so many of the cops that get away with shit a lot albeit for different reasons under different circumstances. 

I'll say that retribution on these 4 cops isn't fixing shit though. I've mentioned it a few times but qualified immunity needs to be squashed and cops need to be treated for the most part the same as the people they're policing. It's apparently the only way to make them be thoughtful about their lethal actions. Protests and riots don't work except for with the ones that were probably trying to do right to start with. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Healthcare and economic turmoil? My taxes went up. My healthcare costs for my family of four went through the fucking roof while the coverage is shittier. He fucking failed the middle class just like the rest of them. 

I get we should take care of our own who can’t take care of themselves. Huge believer in  That. But you’re an idiot if you expect me to be happy that A bunch of lazy mother fuckers who are too proud to take a job that’s beneath them (although it’s what their education and experience say they should have) and would rather live off of welfare while I bust my ass to take care of mine (and theirs). 

No Bro. Not me. 

Man Dr Fauci going to be pist. I'm not seeing any social distancing in any of these gatherings. 

Hey doom and gloomers what's the Wuhan daily death toll. Seems like...well like the Wuhan is gone. Can you guys please hurry and get this shit over with. I need you back at telling Americans they will die if they leave their homes. My gym was crowded as fuck today. Damn you fucks...do your jobs.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

9 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

The law breakers should be dealt with accordingly. They knew when they went out there to loot and destroy what they're risking. Most of them are opportunists using the crowds to do their law breaking under cover because they know the cops are busy. 

Many of them are going to get away with it. Not that different than so many of the cops that get away with shit a lot albeit for different reasons under different circumstances. 

I'll say that retribution on these 4 cops isn't fixing shit though. I've mentioned it a few times but qualified immunity needs to be squashed and cops need to be treated for the most part the same as the people they're policing. It's apparently the only way to make them be thoughtful about their lethal actions. Protests and riots don't work except for with the ones that were probably trying to do right to start with. 

It’s unfixable. It can get better, imo, but never will be totally fixed. Too many asshole cops and asshole criminals to expect everybody to do the right thing. 

I just try to concentrate on me and mine. Teach my kids to respect themselves and those around them. I pray for them daily, not because of them but because of world around them. Scary that knowing you’re doing right and it still may not be enough. 

For everybody. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

Obama had eight years to combat this shit and did nothing but stoke racial animosity from a different perspective. I know he didn’t do a fucking thing for Mexicans when he had the senate and the house. That’s all the power and not one fucking Bill was written. 

As a Mexican who sits on the sidelines and watches this shit, I shake my head an laugh at both sides who are too fucking stupid to see it or too Proud to admit that their side has just as many racist pricks the other other side does. 

If you can’t see them, it’s probably you. 

Now you're really coming off as questionable 🙄 and on the brink of laughable 

When he had the Senate and The House? You mean when he was first inaugurated? That was gone with his first midterm and he was bent on compromising with a party that wanted no parts of that adult line of thinking. Even then... his Justice Department DID actively combat this behavior 

Obama did nothing for Mexicans? That was ignorant and uninformed ... as FUCK. You should read more before carrying such strong opinions 

just say you support Trump and end it at that.. there's NOTHING similar between him and Obama 

Stop trying to kiss up to rednecks that hate you 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

Healthcare and economic turmoil? My taxes went up. My healthcare costs for my family of four went through the fucking roof while the coverage is shittier. He fucking failed the middle class just like the rest of them. 

I get we should take care of our own who can’t take care of themselves. Huge believer in  That. But you’re an idiot if you expect me to be happy that A bunch of lazy mother fuckers who are too proud to take a job that’s beneath them (although it’s what their education and experience say they should have) and would rather live off of welfare while I bust my ass to take care of mine (and theirs). 

No Bro. Not me. 

So, here we go. We're gonna argue about the trees and miss the forest again right? 

We were practically in a depression after the housing market bubble busted, but, that wasn't economic turmoil. You hate lazy mother fuckers. Etc. Etc. Deflect and miss the big picture and etc., like I'm a fucking dumbass.

We're also totally off the mark of what this thread is supposed to be as well. We've argued back here about Obama since this site started. We have a totally different dude in office today, but, got dammit Obama still. We have to keep arguing about Obama and Hillary when neither of them have any authority today. 

I've argued with you (well not you but everyone pressed from the same mold) that always use the same tactics for years already. I have to say, I can totally respect where you're coming from on much of it, but, I really don't have the appetite to do this same argument about someone 4 years removed from office again and again and again. Especially in a thread about police injustice and subsequent protests and rioting. 

• Thanks 2
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

It’s unfixable. It can get better, imo, but never will be totally fixed. Too many asshole cops and asshole criminals to expect everybody to do the right thing. 

I just try to concentrate on me and mine. Teach my kids to respect themselves and those around them. I pray for them daily, not because of them but because of world around them. Scary that knowing you’re doing right and it still may not be enough. 

For everybody. 

It may be unfixable, but, we have to do better. Can't just say it's unfixable and keep throwing our hands in the air about it. 

If you make cops that kill citizens go through all the exact same rigors of the law that normal citizens are expected to go through, they'll damned sure put more thought into taking lethal actions. It's not rocket science. They know there are virtually no repercussions so they are quick with the force. Racists and just mean spirited people are allowed to be cops and act under protections not granted to the citizens they are paid to serve and protect. They hardly ever see a jail cell when they're caught doing wrong, and, they largely act like a gang protecting each other. Even the one's that are trying to be good are under immense pressure to protect the one's doing wrong. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

It may be unfixable, but, we have to do better. Can't just say it's unfixable and keep throwing our hands in the air about it. 

If you make cops that kill citizens go through all the exact same rigors of the law that normal citizens are expected to go through, they'll damned sure put more thought into taking lethal actions. It's not rocket science. They know there are virtually no repercussions so they are quick with the force. Racists and just mean spirited people are allowed to be cops and act under protections not granted to the citizens they are paid to serve and protect. They hardly ever see a jail cell when they're caught doing wrong, and, they largely act like a gang protecting each other. Even the one's that are trying to be good are under immense pressure to protect the one's doing wrong. 

I agree. 

Again, I’ll be curious to see how the criminals protesting are dealt with. So far it seems the powers that be are afraid to touch them, which only emboldens them. Just like the police you described. As a politician, jailing folks for breaking quarantine while watching criminals destroy your fucking neighborhood/city/state and not doing anything is a fucking joke.

Then you have shitbags like the bigamist bitch who Married her brother exploring people to loot and destroy?!? Who thinks it’s a good idea to have this piece of trash representing them? 

It disgusts me when I think about the lives lost by brave American men and women to give cunts like her the right to shit all over us from Right here in the good old USofA! 

25 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

I agree. 

Again, I’ll be curious to see how the criminals protesting are dealt with. So far it seems the powers that be are afraid to touch them, which only emboldens them. Just like the police you described. As a politician, jailing folks for breaking quarantine while watching criminals destroy your fucking neighborhood/city/state and not doing anything is a fucking joke.

Then you have shitbags like the bigamist bitch who Married her brother exploring people to loot and destroy?!? Who thinks it’s a good idea to have this piece of trash representing them? 

It disgusts me when I think about the lives lost by brave American men and women to give cunts like her the right to shit all over us from Right here in the good old USofA! 

I guess they're arresting a good few protestors and rioters. I do see some video of folks in cuffs and the like. Definitely not all of them, or even a majority and not sure how many or why not more or whatever. 

Idk, I saw video yesterday of at least one down with a knee in the back of his neck until the other cop saw the camera and pulled his knee off. It's not like that's some of exactly what got us here today or anything you know. Cops don't think man. They just do. 

What do we do as a solution to the cop with his knee on the protestor/rioters neck when that same technique is the straw that broke the camel's back this time? How moronic is he for doing that? How good was the rioter's luck that there was a news crew filming the exchange? It was good to see that the supporting officer had the wherewithal to pull his knee from the guys neck, but, interesting that he looked right at the camera before realizing suddenly he needed to do that. 

Or do we think maybe it was ok that they had the guy choked out like that because they caught him red handed or something? Definitely seen that view back here a few times already.

• Like 1