George Floyd’s Death and Protests

6 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

I couldn’t find this on Instagram, but the hudl account of this kid shows the same photo (blue jersey). Also, a poster mentioned below Sapp’s tweet that he heard his father is a coach.  I noticed there is a coach with the same last name.  

@DarterBlue, do you know any details about this?  He was a backup OL this past season if it’s real.  

Jacob Reynolds, back up tackle/center the past two years. Got some playing time last season as several kids were out with injuries during the course of the season. Father is a JV coach. Not shocked that he would make a post like that. Apopka is split politically. And there are "red neck" attitudes among many of its residents. Overall, this has not been a factor with the football team over the years, as Darlington kept a tight ship in place, and the city celebrated its success.  Kid is clearly an idiot, as the football team is heavily minority. Not sure how he expects to put on the blue and white his senior season if he is into making public posts like that. 

John F. Kennedy — 'Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable. 

https://sports.yahoo.com/in-light-of-george-floyds-death-ex-nfl-exec-admits-what-we-knew-all-along-protests-ended-colin-kaepernicks-career-175616379.html

Colin Kaepernick was not bounced by NFL team owners because of his skill. He was not bounced because of salary demands. And he was not bounced because he wanted a starting job. No, he was rejected by NFL team owners because he became a financial liability, kneeling for social justice and igniting a telling firestorm with President Donald Trump.

Now a multitude of cities are burning at night following the death of George Floyd in custody of former Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin. And what we’re seeing each day is a level of discord, exhaustion and outright defiance that comes from the very marrow of Kaepernick’s message. A message that might have been worth preserving in the league — or at least tolerating — if only for the fact that it was a window into a brand of pressure and dehumanization that has been building for years, if not decades or lifetimes.

That opportunity for the NFL was lost, arguably creating an even bigger platform for Kaepernick in the process. A platform that will only grow in these coming weeks, as Floyd’s fruitless pleas for his life echo in the public’s ear, leading a few people (and maybe many) to look back on the “why” behind Kaepernick’s kneeling. A “why” that was lied about, grossly distorted or simply used to fuel a political machine that is now falling into catastrophic failure as we near one of the most explosive elections in American history.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Bormio said:

All this talk not only of protest, but violence, anarchy and revolution suddenly seems cool and understandable.  A couple of weeks is a lifetime in 2020.

2020 has definitely been one for the history books and we're only 5 months in.

18 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

A statement tweeted by the police department said, “it appears the shooting is unrelated to tonight’s demonstration.”

https://abc7news.com/federal-officer-killed-in-oakland-identified-per-abc7-source/6221576/

Angela Jacobs posted on her Facebook page saying,"My brother, Dave Patrick Underwood, a federal officer, was murdered 5/29/20 in Oakland California, while on duty during the riots. 

Care to back track your statement from yesterday you clown? 

How many people are gonna die, yeah we’re really showing respect to Floyd’s family

another death last night 

rioters started looting a fedex truck where they held driver at gunpoint, driver floors it and one of the looters gets caught in the wheel and is dragged 2 miles, I’m not gonna post video cause it is toooo disgusting https://www.yahoo.com/news/man-fatally-struck-fedex-truck-192613219.html

instead of 1 grieving families, we have over 15 families that lost a love one over the riots and billions of damages of small businesses owned by minorities 

ya your really proving a point on that one

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

How many people are gonna die, yeah we’re really showing respect to Floyd’s family

another death last night 

rioters started looting a fedex truck where they held driver at gunpoint, driver floors it and one of the looters gets caught in the wheel and is dragged 2 miles, I’m not gonna post video cause it is toooo disgusting https://www.yahoo.com/news/man-fatally-struck-fedex-truck-192613219.html

instead of 1 grieving families, we have over 15 families that lost a love one over the riots and billions of damages of small businesses owned by minorities 

Thoughts and prayers go out to all who have been affected by the goings on of the last few weeks.

Good enough then? That about cover it? Time to move on, again?

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

another death last night 

There are a lot of moving parts and different motives in these riots, it's not so squarely divided. There are some that are protesting for justice specifically for George Floyd, some are protesting in general for police reform, some are state/city level agents sent in to sabotage the protests, some are agitators acting on their own with the intent of destroying the businesses and cities and others are there to just loot and take the spoils and others are there just to say they were there, they aren't pursuing any cause, just are nosy.  

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

There are a lot of moving parts and different motives in these riots, it's not so squarely divided. There are some that are protesting for justice specifically for George Floyd, some are protesting in general for police reform, some are state/city level agents sent in to sabotage the protests, some are agitators acting on their own with the intent of destroying the businesses and cities and others are there to just loot and take the spoils and others are there just to say they were there, they aren't pursuing any cause, just are nosy.  

Newark had a huge protest yesterday, except for a fist fight and a few flags burned I think it was very peaceful , I don’t even think any building got damaged 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

People want to ignore the underlying issue and go straight to whatever they can find that they dislike about the protest. 

It's how they discounted Kap and his peaceful protests, which likely has ultimately kicked the can down to where we are now. 

• Like 3

Just now, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Newark had a huge protest yesterday, except for a fist fight and a few flags burned I think it was very peaceful , I don’t even think any building got damaged 

That could very well be, some are peaceful, others aren't.  But I don't just assume the rioting and violence is random, some of it is planned and deliberate for any number of reasons.  

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Have you see the umbrella man ?

Yep. And an agent would be sent in to sabotage a protest, like him, to help influence public opinion.  Sway anger and resentment from the true victim, Mr Floyd, to the citizens who would be so barbaric to torch their neighborhood.  (Those thugs don't deserve my sympathy!!). 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Yep. And an agent would be sent in to sabotage a protest, like him, to help influence public opinion.  Sway anger and resentment from the true victim, Mr Floyd, to the citizens who would be so barbaric to torch their neighborhood.  (Those thugs don't deserve my sympathy!!). 

Like I've said before the anger is well warranted but torching and looting local businesses and stores... Come on man... 

These places you'll need the next day... these are jobs you're taking people's livelihood... 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Like I've said before the anger is well warranted but torching and looting local businesses and stores... Come on man... 

These places you'll need the next day... these are jobs you're taking people's livelihood... 

My point is the burning/destroying properties is not just done by local people from the neighborhood lashing out in anger.  Some of it is from agitators whose intentions is to destroy their livelihood and disrupt life in those areas. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DarterBlue said:

Jacob Reynolds, back up tackle/center the past two years. Got some playing time last season as several kids were out with injuries during the course of the season. Father is a JV coach. Not shocked that he would make a post like that. Apopka is split politically. And there are "red neck" attitudes among many of its residents. Overall, this has not been a factor with the football team over the years, as Darlington kept a tight ship in place, and the city celebrated its success.  Kid is clearly an idiot, as the football team is heavily minority. Not sure how he expects to put on the blue and white his senior season if he is into making public posts like that. 

I wonder if his father scolded him for the idiotic post or gave him an attaboy reaction?  

1 hour ago, Mjd33 said:

https://abc7news.com/federal-officer-killed-in-oakland-identified-per-abc7-source/6221576/

Angela Jacobs posted on her Facebook page saying,"My brother, Dave Patrick Underwood, a federal officer, was murdered 5/29/20 in Oakland California, while on duty during the riots. 

Care to back track your statement from yesterday you clown? 

It was 100% due to riots... From Police Chief directly to me...

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

another death last night 

Driver was at gun point in fear of his life he had no choice. The guys with guns should be charged with murder. Their actions caused a death.

• Like 1