Parents dedication Jake Garcia parents got divorced

Ga96

44 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

I think the QB in waiting...is the tough part.  I'm not sure he's still part of the Cats.  It would be hard to blame him if he's not.  BUT...

...right now, we have our own fish to fry.  We hafta find a way to beat the Mighty Banneker Trojans.  I've heard our guys are like a bunch of caged Hawgs...and that bothers me a tad.  We hafta stay focused.  We hafta play Packer football.  We hafta play smart.

We've waited a while for this.  

No short bets.  We gotta be...#ALL1N.

Rufus>>

No he left right after Garcia transferred. He is now playing for Douglas county.

Screenshot_20200916-123540.png

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Yeah I don't like that type bullshit. It's a technicality though. Technically, they're eligible because of the legalese. 

Seems like a judge would have had to given custody to the father.  This goes back to allowing a kid to transfer stay 4-5 months and head out.   I would make a rule against this. If a kid leaves in December and does not graduate from the school he played football at I would penalize the team in some way.   Like the Grayson kid or Garcia I would fine the school $100,000 per player. Tell the schools move them in but pay the fine.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I suppose the Willis clan had to have done something like that as well. Even though I see both parents together and all, and know they didn't relinqhish the home, some how the kid must have been eligible. 

The fact that the Garcia's telegraph what they did will forever tarnish whatever season Valdosta manages to have though. They'll always be called out for that crap. 

Hahahaha.... woe is me!!!!

Hahahahaaha!!!

Still laughing!!!

bgw

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Bahahaha 

bgw

It weird that someone as old as larry can't see the difference between someone following the rules and him and his imps just recruiting players that still live in their previous school districts. By the way the article also says ghsa has approved 80 oos transfers for multiple sports.

16 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Maybe just maybe Georgia transfer rules aren’t as strict as we were all lead on to believe for years

The rules could use some adjusting. We've only recently started realizing shady California folks and metro folks would seek out the loopholes and take advantage like they are doing. 

Shady ass ppl. 

• Haha 5

3 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I'd love to see a "for athletic purposes" clause added for transfers in Georgia with a questionnaire allowing the coach/admin from the previous school input. 

They got undue influence and it’s worded broadly. And other bylaws the same  

Almost NCAA like  some enforcement, then none  

bgw

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

The rules could use some adjusting. We've only recently started realizing shady California folks and metro folks would seek out the loopholes and take advantage like they are doing. 

Shady ass ppl. 

More like nobody actively moving around in your neck of the woods due to culture etc.,.

Until Rush said....

bgw

34 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

They got undue influence and it’s worded broadly. And other bylaws the same  

Almost NCAA like  some enforcement, then none  

bgw

Yeah, I do agree that it seems like some things aren't necessarily enforced depending on the area and school. I think a lot of it has to do with how unscrupulous administrations and coaches are as it operates much on an honor type system. 

Undue influence it very difficult to prove, as it could happen a lot, but be as simple as a quick "why aren't you playing for me" mumbled in passing. If it's not a txt message, email or recording, the rule is stupidly difficult to enforce.