St. Louis Hawaii agrees to play Gorman in Vegas

Las Vegas_JC

13 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

If that was the case, then why would they initially be on board to play MD? Doesn't seem like they didn't wanna play MD. 

A lot of teams are on board initially. Why would they travel further to play a lesser opponent? It is what it is. They’re playing in a game they can win. 

• Like 1

Bishop Gorman has given teams $15k for travel. How much was MD dishing out? 

Plus one of Las Vegas’ nickname is The 9th Island due to the high Hawaiian population and vacationing spot for the islanders. 

Southern California might not be attractive to them now. The flights, hotels and miscellaneous could have been more. 

I don’t think StL is scared of MD. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HurricaneNick said:

A lot of teams are on board initially. Why would they travel further to play a lesser opponent? It is what it is. They’re playing in a game they can win. 

I’m guessing they got more financial support for playing Gorman. I defer to @GardenStateBaller  I’m not sure what type of sponsorship and financial assistance teams get in the Trinity vs USA games. 

1 hour ago, HurricaneNick said:

Logistics. And I'm pretty sure you know this, but some destinations are cheaper than others.....even if it's a shorter distance. For instance, it's cheaper to fly from here (Atlanta) to Vegas compared vs flying from Atlanta to Salt Lake City....and I'm pretty sure SLC is closer to ATL than Vegas. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, FootballGuy said:

If that was the case, then why would they initially be on board to play MD? Doesn't seem like they didn't wanna play MD. 

They realized they bit off more than they could chew so they spit it out.Probably reassessed how a likely beat down would affect the program going forward.In any event the “Logistics” excuse is lame

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Ararar said:

They realized they bit off more than they could chew so they spit it out.Probably reassessed how a likely beat down would affect the program going forward.In any event the “Logistics” excuse is lame

But a very real possibility and a very real thing that keeps some games from happening... 

3 hours ago, FootballGuy said:

SL verbally committed early on. Three months ago at least. Then they just canceled out of the blue. Now we know why. SL will never be invited to the TL vs USA event again, nor will they ever appear in a PGL-promoted game. There are consequences for such actions. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

SL verbally committed early on. Three months ago at least. Then they just canceled out of the blue. Now we know why. SL will never be invited to the TL vs USA event again, nor will they ever appear in a PGL-promoted game. There are consequences for such actions. 

That’s my promoter

• Haha 1