Going for the Moderna today

Sweetlarry

21 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

And wanted know if any of y’all had that particular mfg and if there were any side effects? I’m concerned, being an old QB, if it will affect my old football throwing shoulder? 

You know @HawgGoneIt this being a football board and all. Just wanted so discuss how it may hinder the old water pistol?!? 😂 

(wink)

I got the two shots, and there were almost no side effects.  The area around the shot was tender for a day in each case -- that's it.

Get it in your off-shoulder, you won't have any problems...

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Or don’t get it at all. It’s no pressure. Since it’s so new, it is still considered an experimental trial drug. And didn’t you have Covid already? You body should have the defense mechanisms to fight it off in the future. And the survival rate of Covid is so high that the risk of short and long term health side effects from the vaccine is too immense. 

Don’t feel bullied into it, and don’t criticize anyone trying to give you more perspective. 

#YourBodyYourChoice

7 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Or don’t get it at all. It’s no pressure. Since it’s so new, it is still considered an experimental trial drug. And didn’t you have Covid already? You body should have the defense mechanisms to fight it off in the future. And the survival rate of Covid is so high that the risk of short and long term health side effects from the vaccine is too immense. 

Don’t feel bullied into it, and don’t criticize anyone trying to give you more perspective. 

#YourBodyYourChoice

I did have it in January. And to be honest, my Wife is bullying me into doing this. It’s ok. There will be some form of payment. 

• Haha 3

27 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

#YourBodyYourChoice

I did have it in January. And to be honest, my Wife is bullying me into doing this. It’s ok. There will be some form of payment. 

• Haha 1

I received both Moderna shots (second one in April).  First shot I had no side effects except a little soreness at injection site.  2nd shot I had some slight chills and felt very sluggish which lasted less than a day.  Was feeling perfectly fine and back to normal after that, roughly 24 hrs after the 2nd dose. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sweetlarry said:

And wanted know if any of y’all had that particular mfg and if there were any side effects? I’m concerned, being an old QB, if it will affect my old football throwing shoulder? 

You know @HawgGoneIt this being a football board and all. Just wanted so discuss how it may hinder the old water pistol?!? 😂 

(wink)

The First Shot I had soreness and body aches for 3 days, I did play golf on the 3rd day though….

The second shot I had some Nausea and Chills that night, but woke up the next day and felt fine with just a little soreness where I got the shot….

• Thanks 1

(wink)

When I had the Moderna I didn’t miss any practice. I was able to go back and review game film of the 40-10 ass whooping Colquitt put on Lowndes. 

As others said, soreness is all I had. Take Tylenol a couple of time today and you will be good. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

(wink)

My dad got it and besides some injection site soreness for a few days he was fine 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Nolebull813 said:

#YourBodyYourChoice

And that's fine but I wish some people out there would actually follow that because I've seen people on Twitter who say this than put down people who wear masks or get the shot because they want to feel important like they are some genius because they didn't die from it without giving a damn about the people who have lost family to the virus

Fuck the hypocrites, they can rot in hell 

41 minutes ago, NYHSFAN33 said:

I received both Moderna shots (second one in April).  First shot I had no side effects except a little soreness at injection site.  2nd shot I had some slight chills and felt very sluggish which lasted less than a day.  Was feeling perfectly fine and back to normal after that, roughly 24 hrs after the 2nd dose. 

I got the pitzer one and I had about the same effects 

The soreness actually lasted longer the first time but that's because I didn't ice it or take any medicine the first time but I was more prepared the second time and I managed with it 

Haven't had anything of long term effects from the vaccine like people crying against it have claimed would be present like having metal injected into me or grow a tail 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Iletteredintrack said:

When I had the Moderna I didn’t miss any practice. I was able to go back and review game film of the 40-10 ass whooping Colquitt put on Lowndes. 

As others said, soreness is all I had. Take Tylenol a couple of time today and you will be good. 

Tylenol and ice made a huge difference on the second one 

42 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

I echo what's been said.

First injection just slight soreness in left arm.

Second injection is supposed to have more side effects but it was just slight nausea.

I think the side effects is more a standard warning but I think some blood types tend to get more than others 

Other factors is overall health and if someone had the virus already but really I would take my chances with the shot so I can be closer to not having to wear a mask to games next year 

And the survival rate of Covid is so high that the risk of short and long term health side effects from the vaccine is too immense.

So he uses the "survival rate" from COVID to argue against the vaccine because of "health side effects."

Typically dishonest.

The truth is that the mortality rate of the vaccine is far lower than the virus and there's no reason to believe that the "health side effects" aren't the same.

In other words, the vaccine is far safer than the virus.

Nothing that Nolebull813 says is scientific or unbiased truth.

• Thanks 1

#YourBodyYourChoice

Man Fuck that noise...  

I got older people in my family that I visit and I have personally lost a Great Aunt and Uncle to Covid. 

I'm taking no risk. 

Like I said before If I gave someone covid I'd never forgive myself... 

No matter how much yall wanna downplay it that shit ain't a joke... 

• Like 5