Delta variant impact on the upcoming season

Bodysurf

I hate being a Debbie Downer but who here is concerned of the potential impact of the delta variant on the upcoming season? This is not intended to be political either. There is a lot of uncertainty about whether there will be a spike in the Fall. This variant targets younger people. It is not good that just yesterday Los Angeles Country reinstituted the indoor mask mandate. I am keeping my fingers crossed for the upcoming season, at least in some parts of the country.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

I hate being a Debbie Downer but who here is concerned of the potential impact of the delta variant on the upcoming season? This is not intended to be political either. There is a lot of uncertainty about whether there will be a spike in the Fall. This variant targets younger people. It is not good that just yesterday Los Angeles Country reinstituted the indoor mask mandate. I am keeping my fingers crossed for the upcoming season, at least in some parts of the country.

That's because you girls are pussies! Colquitt was sidelined last season, with the Wuhan, China Virus for two weeks! The entire OL was affected! And they STILL made it to the quarterfinals, in the baddest high school league in America!

23 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

It’s fine because the vaccine works against delta so there’s nothing to worry about 

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

Will cost CA another MNC if it happens. 

1 hour ago, Old Rabid One said:

That's because you girls are pussies! Colquitt was sidelined last season, with the Wuhan, China Virus for two weeks! The entire OL was affected! And they STILL made it to the quarterfinals, in the baddest high school league in America!

Do you just type whatever comes to your mind first

• Haha 3

That’s an intelligent response. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

STFU.  Bureaucrats make the rules, not the coaches or the players. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Old Rabid One said:

you should thank God, his Holy Mother and Rollo  everyday for giving the best QB UGA has ever had...

5gps5a.jpg

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

If you are a CA HS football fan, you should be concerned.  The spike is already starting.  Plus with the highly reactionary environment that exists here, it won’t take much to cancel games.  I doubt many schools will realize their entire schedules.  I just hope the best games go on as scheduled.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

Although Delta Variant is more contagious, it's far less severe than Covid 19!

9 minutes ago, Old Rabid One said:

Although Delta Variant is more contagious, it's far less severe than Covid 19!

I’m not so sure about that. Do some googleing and you will see that it may be just the opposite. Delta is not only more transmissible, it is more severe according to reputable studies. 

• Thanks 2

This thing has killed two more people that I knew personally in the last couple of months. 

Went to the doc last week for a sinus infection and she asked if I thought they should run the covid test on me. I said I had been vaccinated and she said three people the last couple of days were vaccinated and still test pos on the test. However they were mostly asymptomatic. 

Idk. With ICUs filling again, no telling what the future has in store for out football season. 

Most everyone is tired of it and don't care anymore. 

• Thanks 2