SJB wants all the smoke...

PlayTheGame

15 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

That's why they can take that stance ;) Someone should mention to that dude that IMG beat ESL (41) by 25 more points than SJB (16) did. The ESL HC told me that IMG was the better team by far. 

Doubt they told you that. Imagine SJB beating Auburn AL by the same score Lmao. Would be so embarrassing for the TL. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

Imagine how far in the rankings MD would drop if they played Auburn Alabama how Img did. Damn. We don’t get that luxury! 

Auburn is no slouch. They were a few seconds away from being Bama State Champs in 2020! In HSFB teams need to lose in order to drop. Look at BC. They were challenged similarly by Delby and SHP and their ranking didn't budge. 

On 11/2/2021 at 7:16 PM, GardenStateBaller said:

That's why they can take that stance ;) Someone should mention to that dude that IMG beat ESL (41) by 25 more points than SJB (16) did. The ESL HC told me that IMG was the better team by far. 

When do they play SFA ?  That is the game , at least for me , that will tell if IMG is deserving of being ranked #2.

On 11/2/2021 at 7:16 PM, GardenStateBaller said:

You know better than citing score comparisons. They mean nothing. Every week is different. Every team matches up differently. Team performances vary throughout the season.

We not only see Team A > Team B > Team C > Team A scenarios quite frequently, but also teams winning rematches all the time.

It’s fine to believe IMG is the better team, but not for the reason provided.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, PlayTheGame said:

If Mater Dei plays IMG in Bradenton you think it'd be a packed house? MD has the most followers on Maxpreps. They're a name brand across US

A family friend on the East Coast just moved to Bradenton and they say there is little local interest in the IMG teams. And why should there be? Their school tradition is as a tennis academy. 
If MD played at IMG there would be general high school football fans that attend. But I am pretty certain that if MD were to play at a school such as Miami Central, BTW, STA, etc the local fan support would be better.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

A family friend on the East Coast just moved to Bradenton and they say there is little local interest in the IMG teams. And why should there be? Their school tradition is as a tennis academy. 
If MD played at IMG there would be general high school football fans that attend. But I am pretty certain that if MD were to play at a school such as Miami Central, BTW, STA, etc the local fan support would be better.

IMG is also owned by International Management Group a company that hires international model, beauty pageants, hollywood actors, etc. Fits their motto, fake people fake schools

4 hours ago, Cal 14 said:

We'll see what happens if/when they lose to Tampa Jesuit.

One of the reasons that they don't drop that much is that for the past 4+ years no one outside of themselves has been able to beat MD or SJB - and that includes a fairly sizable list of OOS opponents:

• St. John's DC (x2)
  • Bishop Gorman, NV (x2)
  • Bergen Catholic, NJ
  • Mililani, HI (x2)
  • IMG Academy, "FL"
  • Centennial, AZ
  • SFA, "MD"
  • Liberty, NV (x2)
  • DeMatha, MD
  • Don Bosco Prep, NJ
  • OLGC, MD
  • Miami Central, FL
  • East St. Louis, IL
  • Oscar Smith, VA
  • Duncanville, TX

The pollsters will more than likely continue to give them the benefit of the doubt until they lose to someone other than themselves.

• Thanks 3
  • Like 3

45 minutes ago, dntn31 said:

One of the reasons that they don't drop that much is that for the past 5+ years no one outside of themselves has been able to beat MD or SJB - and that includes a fairly sizable list of OOS opponents:

• St. John's DC (x2)
  • Bishop Gorman, NV (x2)
  • Bergen Catholic, NJ
  • Mililani, HI (x2)
  • IMG Academy, "FL"
  • Centennial, AZ
  • SFA, "MD"
  • Liberty, NV (x2)
  • DeMatha, MD
  • Don Bosco Prep, NJ
  • OLGC, MD
  • Miami Central, FL
  • East St. Louis, IL
  • Oscar Smith, VA
  • Duncanville, TX

The pollsters will more than likely continue to give them the benefit of the doubt until they lose to someone other than themselves.

Yeah I don't know why SJB gets shit for losing to Gorman and STA. Does anyone not remember STA losing to two awful DBP teams twice in different seasons?

Btw, is SJB playing SFA next season?

2 hours ago, PlayTheGame said:

Yeah I don't know why SJB gets shit for losing to Gorman and STA. Does anyone not remember STA losing to two awful DBP teams twice in different seasons?

And STA got destroyed by people.

SJB is teflon.

They lose, they suffer no consequences.

In fact, I don't recall any shit that they got for losing to STA. I remember people falling over themselves to apologize for them and say that they would win a rematch.

• Haha 1