STA under-rated in bogus polls?

181pl

23 minutes ago, 181pl said:

Certainly not a fanboy of STA but they whooped SFA and went 14-1, won FL 7A, and dominated their schedule. They have pedigree. Why are teams like SFA and Bergen ahead of them in every poll? Especially SFA, who only played 9 games and lost head to head against STA.

Damn good question. IDK. 

bgw

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, 181pl said:

Certainly not a fanboy of STA but they whooped SFA and went 14-1, won FL 7A, and dominated their schedule. They have pedigree. Why are teams like SFA and Bergen ahead of them in every poll? Especially SFA, who only played 9 games and lost head to head against STA.

Massey doesn't even have STA or BC in their top 25 and has SFA 18..but they have 11 Texas teams in their top 25. now that is a joke.. lol

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 181pl said:

The rankings lists are meaningless (there are no polls). So, when discussing teams, we shouldn't be referencing rankings as a means of talking about things like strength of schedule.

2 hours ago, 181pl said:

My thinking on St. Francis Academy was their complete domination of De LaSalle (agree not the best De LaSalle team ever) and the road win at IMG Academy.    Not passing out excuses, but SFA seemed to wear down in the second half against STA.    Don't think they were up for the heat and humidity that day.   They also changed quarterbacks after that game with the sophomore playing each game after that.   As I have stated several times on this board, the only thing holding SFA back is coaching.    With that being said, in my final poll I jumped STA over the team that they lost to as I felt that if the game was played today, STA would win.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ga96 said:

Just a reminder these rankings are all opinion based and are never accurate. Its a guess mixed with biased opinions and some analytics.

Of course, but, the general masses see them as gospel. 

Most of us on here take a deeper dive into what makes these rankings and even teams in the rankings click, where the casual USA Today reader just takes what they printed in their paper as whats what. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, whiteshoes said:

My thinking on St. Francis Academy was their complete domination of De LaSalle (agree not the best De LaSalle team ever) and the road win at IMG Academy.    Not passing out excuses, but SFA seemed to wear down in the second half against STA.    Don't think they were up for the heat and humidity that day.   They also changed quarterbacks after that game with the sophomore playing each game after that.   As I have stated several times on this board, the only thing holding SFA back is coaching.    With that being said, in my final poll I jumped STA over the team that they lost to as I felt that if the game was played today, STA would win.

That tends to happen when you're playing a team that's better than you.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

Only has offers from UConn and Temple.

A good example of why offer lists on Rivals and 24/7 are mostly bogus. He didn't sign in December because he didn't have an offer.

UConn is awful but they hired a credible coach and so he should have a chance to play a lot.

https://247sports.com/Article/Zion-Turner-unsigned-quarterback-commits-to-play-for-UConn-and-Jim-Mora-180986317/

Overtown to full ride scholie.  

Just now, Atticus Finch said:

He's playing at the level he should be at and I don't recall anybody saying otherwise.

I enjoyed watching Ja'Marr Chase and Kristian Fulton at Rummel > "Solid HS careers" as golfalice1 would say......both were 5* prospects. 😂

I get it.......golfalice1 sneaks more STA bullshit in threads than any Florida homer here.

At least you were honest about Zion Turner not being very good ..

11 minutes ago, RedZone said:

I enjoyed watching Ja'Marr Chase and Kristian Fulton at Rummel > "Solid HS careers" as golfalice1 would say......both were 5* prospects. 😂

I get it.......golfalice1 sneaks more STA bullshit in threads than any Florida homer here.

At least you were honest about Zion Turner not being very good ..

The embodiment of human insecurity.

Zion Turner has played against, and beaten more top teams than any Louisiana QB in the last quarter century. 

No team in Louisiana has even played teams as highly nationally ranked as STA has in the last 4 years. 

Not just out of state, but in state as well.

For example, STA has played 6 teams ranked higher than the highest ranked team (Baton Rouge Catholic) has played against. Catholic’s schedule was so bad that the team they beat in the state title game would have been the 7th highest opponent for STA this past year.