Allen to host St John Bosco

HurricaneNick

7 hours ago, AztecPadre said:

Ha, there aren't many teams in the nation that can beat MD/SJB, so of course there are not many in Cali.  Just like in tx there are none that could. 

The thing you guys keep overlooking is the CIF created MD and SJB, the same system that oversees other Cali teams. The fact other Cali teams can’t beat them operating under the same system is pathetic. MD and SJB wouldn’t exist in the UIL, stop comparing the two systems, they’re different 

• Like 1

On 1/18/2022 at 7:11 PM, Horsefly said:

The thing you guys keep overlooking is the CIF created MD and SJB, the same system that oversees other Cali teams. The fact other Cali teams can’t beat them operating under the same system is pathetic. MD and SJB wouldn’t exist in the UIL, stop comparing the two systems, they’re different 

They wouldn't exist because the UIL would ban them.

You're completely tone deaf.

And for what?

So you can protect the fragile ego of insecure Texas high school fans.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/16/2022 at 9:10 AM, Atticus Finch said:

Cypress Bay is a bad example to prove your point.

They opened in 2003 and by their 5th season (2007) they won 10 games. By their 8th season (2010) they had reached the state semifinal (lost by 3 to Central). By their 10th season (2012) they had reached the state championship (lost to Apopka by 3).

More importantly, when they reached their peak in enrollment (5,500) the school board immediately went about building a new high school (West Broward) to relieve the overcrowding.

Their head coach retired and the school lost more than 15% of their enrollment.

This doesn't happen in Southlake or Allen because the cities serve as their own school boards. They see no advantage to building a new high school to relieve overcrowding. Broward County, on the other hand, doesn't care at all about Cypress Bay's competitive advantage. They just build a new high school when it's needed.

There is no overcrowding.

On 1/18/2022 at 4:11 PM, Horsefly said:

Not all sections play by the same rules.  Night and day difference IMO.  

You are correct in the pointlessness in comparing the CIF and UIL.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/16/2022 at 1:29 PM, Atticus Finch said:

Because they built another high school but just called it the 9-10 campus.

Voila!

No overcrowding!

It was already there (Built in 1978) and has been in use as the freshman center since 2000. Before that it was the main HS. It was expanded recently and renovated, just as the HS has been. There has never been and will never be overcrowding in the building or the classrooms.

Don't comment on that which you don't know.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Cracker said:

It was already there (Built in 1978) and has been in use as the freshman center since 2000. Before that it was the main HS. It was expanded recently and renovated, just as the HS has been. There has never been and will never be overcrowding in the building or the classrooms.

Don't comment on that which you don't know.

I think he left the forum 😕

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SeaShells21 said:

I can dream, 

can’t I? 

😁

Too bad this is the first game for Allen. I would have liked an opportunity to assess the progress since last year.  There should be a lot of progress in the offseason, but don't know how much is reasonable to expect.

• Like 1

On 3/8/2022 at 6:11 PM, Cracker said:

Too bad this is the first game for Allen. I would have liked an opportunity to assess the progress since last year.  There should be a lot of progress in the offseason, but don't know how much is reasonable to expect.

I’d be more than happy with a nail-biting shootout.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/4/2022 at 12:19 PM, Frosty4024 said:

I want whatever is in that whiskey bottle...

I know Allen has a new coaching staff and I don't know how long it would take them to turn it around.

But I'll still take 28 points and Allen $100.

Maybe it's a sucker bet but someone said they do it I'll do it.

Allen is a winning school if this guy don't do it he will be gone.