Random $%#&

OldTerrapin

6 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Do you know if theres a way I can look at foreclosed homes before trying to go all in on em? 

Go to the tax commissioner website for the county you are interested in.  There will be a link somewhere to the list of foreclosed properties going to auction.  Take the address and research it online.  Definitely do a drive by at least and a walk around if you can (empty house - don't ever go snooping around an occupied house).  To bid, you have to have certified funds available (can be  mortgage commitment as I understand it but don't take that to the bank), show up to the auction on the courthouse steps, get registered and bid away.  Don't expect to get a steal of a deal though.  If there is a lender, they will generally bid what they have in the house to get it back so they have a chance to recoup their funds.  You can save money yes.  Just don't expect to get a $200k house for $50k.  Don't forget there will be investors there looking to purchase for a flip or a rental property.  Properties listed for sale often get pulled at the last minute before the sale sale starts because people like Nick have made a last minute offer that gets accepted.  I suggest you look up when the Spalding Co (I think Hampton in in Spalding Co) tax commissioner is going to have a sale and going to one to observe.  It is both straightforward and not what you might think at the same time.  They generally don't take very long.  The commissioner's web site will list all of the requirements for purchase.   My wife and I looked into it for possible flips at one time but while I have the skills, I didn't have the time.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Fred said:

Go to the tax commissioner website for the county you are interested in.  There will be a link somewhere to the list of foreclosed properties going to auction.  Take the address and research it online.  Definitely do a drive by at least and a walk around if you can (empty house - don't ever go snooping around an occupied house).  To bid, you have to have certified funds available (can be  mortgage commitment as I understand it but don't take that to the bank), show up to the auction on the courthouse steps, get registered and bid away.  Don't expect to get a steal of a deal though.  If there is a lender, they will generally bid what they have in the house to get it back so they have a chance to recoup their funds.  You can save money yes.  Just don't expect to get a $200k house for $50k.  Don't forget there will be investors there looking to purchase for a flip or a rental property.  Properties listed for sale often get pulled at the last minute before the sale sale starts because people like Nick have made a last minute offer that gets accepted.  I suggest you look up when the Spalding Co (I think Hampton in in Spalding Co) tax commissioner is going to have a sale and going to one to observe.  It is both straightforward and not what you might think at the same time.  They generally don't take very long.  The commissioner's web site will list all of the requirements for purchase.   My wife and I looked into it for possible flips at one time but while I have the skills, I didn't have the time.

Nah Hampton's in Henry County but we are a literal hop and skip from growing over the Spalding county line though. But I'm still gonna take a look around on some of these websites and see what I can find.  

Thanks for all the help and recommendations. 

I did take a look at Saint Mary's and Duluth before clocking out in the couch last night and as expected Duluth is on the super high end and the cheaper areas of Gwinnett County I'm not too familiar with... 

I got a friend in Duluth but he's not even in his own place... he's staying with his mom... which I can't say crap because its expensive out here trying to go solo. 

My mom offered to let me move in with her in Valdosta. Which I'm grateful for the offer but I'm so use to making it work by myself. I ain't struggling yet but damn if my pockets don't be begging for God's mercy sometimes. 

Saint Mary's is actually not as high as I thought it would be and has some really nice homes. 

Also what do you know about Dacula? It got recommended to me by the Website I was looking at. It was  cheaper than Duluth about on par with Saint Mary's actually. 

@Cossacks @HurricaneNick @FreeBird @Nolebull813 @Fred @HooverOutlawOfficial As of today Atlanta has surpassed D.C ,Miami and Philadelphia for 6th largest Metro in the USA and is on track to surpass Houston in the next few years: 

1. NYC 

2. Los Angeles 

3. Chicago 

4. Dallas 

5. Houston 

6. Atlanta 

7. Miami,FL 

8. Philidelphia,PA 

9. D.C 

10.  Tied Phoenix,AZ and Boston,MA 

The Atlanta Metro area will eventually encompass the Auburn,AL-Columbus,GA metro which half of said metro is already considered apart of Atlanta's metro (LaGrange,GA Opelika,AL Phenix City,AL and Pine Mountain,GA are considered apart of the Atlanta Combined Metro area and the Columbus,GA-Auburn,AL  Metro area)

16 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

@Cossacks @HurricaneNick @FreeBird @Nolebull813 @Fred @HooverOutlawOfficial As of today Atlanta has surpassed D.C ,Miami and Philadelphia for 6th largest Metro in the USA and is on track to surpass Houston in the next few years: 

1. NYC 

2. Los Angeles 

3. Chicago 

4. Dallas 

5. Houston 

6. Atlanta 

7. Miami,FL 

8. Philidelphia,PA 

9. D.C 

The Atlanta Metro area will eventually encompass the Auburn,AL-Columbus,GA metro which half of said metro is already considered apart of Atlanta's metro (LaGrange,GA Opelika,AL Phenix City,AL and Pine Mountain,GA are considered apart of the Atlanta Combined Metro area and the Columbus,GA-Auburn,AL  Metro area)

So Atlanta metro now is probably 75% of the states population in the next few years.

33 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

1. NYC 

2. Los Angeles 

3. Chicago 

4. Dallas 

5. Houston 

6. Atlanta 

7. Miami,FL 

8. Philidelphia,PA 

9. D.C 

Yuck, you can have the growth and traffic. 😂

8 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

Yuck, you can have the growth and traffic. 😂

Atlanta traffic has always been rough... 

Fred is in Gwinnett which I know certain areas are worse than mine... 

But where I live at I'm sandwiched between I-75 and every major Downtown Atlanta route and Alabama-Georgia interstate 85.

I'm in Henry County which is a stones throw from alot of Business Areas and yes traffic can get backed up for miles... 

50 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

So Atlanta metro now is probably 75% of the states population in the next few years.

Outside of Atlanta down in south GA 

Savannah Metro area is about to pretty much encompass everything from Guyton/Effingham County down to Jacksonville,FL-Saint Mary's,GA border. Savannah's growth over the last 2 years alone has been the definition of  insane... 

Brunswick used to have its own metro but Savannah has superceded it soon Brunswick will be apart of the Savannah Metro I give that less than a year... 

And the exact same thing is happening with Valdosta... soon Colquitt and Tift County will be considered metro Valdosta... I give that maybe 2 years at Valdosta's current growth rate... 

Albany,GA used to be the competing metro in south GA with Valdosta but albany is going in reverse and fast now... 

Macon-Warner Robins will eventually be apart of Atlanta's metro because its growing south and Macon-Warner Robins is growing north. 

I  feel like the only Metro Area that will probably stay in the same populace range here in GA is Augusta...

5 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Also what do you know about Dacula? It got recommended to me by the Website I was looking at. It was  cheaper than Duluth about on par with Saint Mary's actually. 

Dacula is right on the border of developed Gwinnett and rural Gwinnett.  It is poised for some good growth and property appreciation as there is a very large area being developed along the lines of Research Triangle Park in NC.  Good chance to gain equity if you can find something.  It's got a decent area with restaurants and non-major shopping but you aren't too far from most anything you could want.  Not much night life that I know of if that's your thing.  Look up the Rowen development to see what's going on.  I don't know if Dacula HS will be 5A or 6A next year because I haven't looked but they were 6A last year and have been 7A or at least top class whatever it was at the time.  Go a little further out northward and you are in the Mill Creek/ Lanier area.  Dacula isn't far from the Mall of Georgia and truth be told Buford.  Within 30 minutes anyway.

2 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

1. NYC 

2. Los Angeles 

3. Chicago 

4. Dallas 

5. Houston 

6. Atlanta 

7. Miami,FL 

8. Philidelphia,PA 

9. D.C 

Unlike many of the major metro areas, we have few to no natural boundaries.  I know DFW is in a similar situation and I guess Houston is far enough from the coast for it not to be a boundary.

50 minutes ago, Fred said:

Dacula is right on the border of developed Gwinnett and rural Gwinnett.  It is poised for some good growth and property appreciation as there is a very large area being developed along the lines of Research Triangle Park in NC.  Good chance to gain equity if you can find something.  It's got a decent area with restaurants and non-major shopping but you aren't too far from most anything you could want.  Not much night life that I know of if that's your thing.  Look up the Rowen development to see what's going on.  I don't know if Dacula HS will be 5A or 6A next year because I haven't looked but they were 6A last year and have been 7A or at least top class whatever it was at the time.  Go a little further out northward and you are in the Mill Creek/ Lanier area.  Dacula isn't far from the Mall of Georgia and truth be told Buford.  Within 30 minutes anyway.

The Rowen project looks  promising... 

And its already effecting the Cost of living up there... 

But I do see a few places in Dacula that are ranging from 700-1000 in rental prices so thats not bad at all... 

As for Saint Mary's,GA I see its growing but its also running into the issue of Jacksonville,FL expanding Northward. 

So from what I'm seeing Atlanta is mostly expanding Southward and Westward.

Jacksonville,FL is trying to grow northward in the direction of Nassau county,FL and Camden County,GA. 

@HooverOutlaw so currently  the Atlanta MSA and CSA encompasses 3 states:

TN,AL and NC. 

Georgia Counties considered apart of metro Atlanta: 

Meriwether County 

Douglas county 

Hall County 

Gwinnett County 

Henry County 

Pike County 

Spalding County 

Troup County (Also apart of the Columbus-Auburn,AL metro area) 

Cobb County 

Coweta County 

Fayette County 

Forsyth county

Clayton County 

Cherokee county,GA 

Paulding County 

Dawson County 

Pickens County 

Dekalb County 

Gordon County 

Lamar County 

Butts County 

Jackson County 

Clarke County 

Oconee County 

Newton County 

Morgan County 

Jasper County 

Carroll County 

Heard County 

Floyd County 

Bartow County 

Barrow County 

Walton County 

Dawson county

Harris County

Its huge... 

A census  projection I saw  showed a few things @Fred yea the gulf does severely limit Houston's growth but also:

1. People are leaving Houston more than they're currently moving in to Houston. 

2. If this trend continues by 2028: 

Houston County,GA -Warner Robins

Bibb County-Macon,GA

Monroe County-Forsyth,GA

Peach County- Fort Valley,GA 

will be eventually consumed into the Atlanta Metro as well and it will surpass Houston,TX

• Like 1

15 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

@HooverOutlaw so currently  the Atlanta MSA and CSA encompasses 3 states:

TN,AL and NC. 

Georgia Counties considered apart of metro Atlanta: 

Meriwether County 

Douglas county 

Hall County 

Gwinnett County 

Henry County 

Pike County 

Spalding County 

Troup County (Also apart of the Columbus-Auburn,AL metro area) 

Cobb County 

Coweta County 

Fayette County 

Forsyth county

Clayton County 

Cherokee county,GA 

Paulding County 

Dawson County 

Pickens County 

Dekalb County 

Gordon County 

Lamar County 

Butts County 

Jackson County 

Clarke County 

Oconee County 

Newton County 

Morgan County 

Jasper County 

Carroll County 

Heard County 

Floyd County 

Bartow County 

Barrow County 

Walton County 

Dawson county

Harris County

Its huge... 

A census  projection I saw  showed a few things @Fred yea the gulf does severely limit Houston's growth but also:

1. People are leaving Houston more than they're currently moving in to Houston. 

2. If this trend continues by 2028: 

Houston County,GA -Warner Robins

Bibb County-Macon,GA

Monroe County-Forsyth,GA

Peach County- Fort Valley,GA 

will be eventually consumed into the Atlanta Metro as well and it will surpass Houston,TX

Before the advent of cell phones changed local calling, the Metro Atlanta local call area was over 6,000 square miles.  I used to say the only one larger was Moscow but there weren't any phones to speak of there.  Ranburne Alabama is in the Atlanta local calling area because its community had more in common with GA than AL.