Random $%#&

OldTerrapin

19 hours ago, ChimpGrip said:

What do you know about equity securities? You need to really understand the business you're buying. Otherwise you're just throwing money at names. Probably better to dollar-cost-average an S&P500 ETF. 

Agreed, even if it’s a Microsoft or other behemoth.  

Jim Cramer mentions always start with 10K in a SPY, VOO or other s&p500 tracker etf/fund as a solid foundation, followed by individual stocks per interest.  

Just one man’s opinion, but I agree with Jim.  

2 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

@Cossacks @FreeBird @Fred @golfaddict1 @Nolebull813 @HurricaneNick

Passed through the Camden County GA-Duval County,FL parkway rest area on my way to Saint Augustine,FL last night and stopped by the Saint John's Atlantic Riverwalk. 

20240316_224104.jpg

20240316_222648.jpg

20240316_224233.jpg

20240316_224151.jpg

20240316_222458.jpg

Enjoy your trip.  

It’s always a pleasure to see Camden County signs while driving from South FL as it means you finally are leaving your state!  :) 

Sunday, I’ll be with my cousin and his son in Port St Lucie, to catch a Mets spring training game.  That’s a good 1 hr 45 min drive for me.  

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

Agreed, even if it’s a Microsoft or other behemoth.  

Jim Cramer mentions always start with 10K in a SPY, VOO or other s&p500 tracker etf/fund as a solid foundation, followed by individual stocks per interest.  

Just one man’s opinion, but I agree with Jim.  

VOO is a favorite of mine, I like VTI for overall exposure. I wish I would have held my Microsoft and BlackRock. I just sold my Boeing (cost basis ~$139/share). While index funds are great for anyone who has postulated they will not be professional (“sophisticated”) investors, MHS makes me think he will read right over and not listen because it’s me saying writing it and not someone else. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

After looking at Gwinnett county  I wish I could get in on whats going on in Dacula before it gets outta my price range and Gainesville in Hall County

Once you have your first couple properties under your belt, getting private money lenders with great terms (no banks) is very easy. It all starts with one.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, ChimpGrip said:

VOO is a favorite of mine, I like VTI for overall exposure. I wish I would have held my Microsoft and BlackRock. I just sold my Boeing (cost basis ~$139/share). While index funds are great for anyone who has postulated they will not be professional (“sophisticated”) investors, MHS makes me think he will read right over and not listen because it’s me saying writing it and not someone else. 

You have the right idea with investing and nice bank on Boeing.  

We all have the what if’s… my daughter chose Boeing as a Masters assignment team project (was cool as it was setup as a financial news segment and each participant was asked questions like if they were on CNBC/Bloomberg). :) 

They had to make board recommendations and I watched the stock rise.  

The price was in the 90’s then.  737Max 💩.  😞 

41 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

Once you have your first couple properties under your belt, getting private money lenders with great terms (no banks) is very easy. It all starts with one.

Aha, so that’s your meat and potatoes.  👍🏻   Sounds like biz is going well.  

I wasn’t sure if you were a realtor, which is why I wasn’t sure what your reaction would be on the commission adjustment news that just came out that I shared with you the other day.  

I’d like to take advantage of a good friend’s talent of handyman anything, once I reach the Roth IRA withdrawal age.   

We both would likely benefit with a flip.  After one who knows?  
I’m an Abby Normal with research and he’s definitely in the know with regards to seeing cost projections with a needed TLC home review.  

A friend in NJ owns a small Apt complex conversion for years and has done well.  #Randolph for the NJ folks.  Nice town.  
For a public school in NJ, they play good football.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ChimpGrip said:

Nah believe it or not I read your stuff even though I don't qoute or react to everything. 

I actually look alot of this stuff up and research it and watch videos on it. 

Because I'm trying to get my money up not my funny up. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

Ohtani might be joining the Pete Rose club? Who knows. There will 20 different versions coming out of what his involvement was 🤷‍♂️?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cossacks said:

Stepped outside the other night and saw this in the sky. I  figured it was a launch from Vanderburg. Pretty cool.

https://abc7.com/amp/spacex-launch-falcon-9-rocket-starlink-satellite-vandenberg-air-force-base/14542779/

IMG_0308.jpeg

IMG_0309.jpeg

IMG_0307.jpeg

You got a artificial turf backyard? And why are y'alls homes so damn close?!

1 hour ago, Cossacks said:

It is Arizona so there is that 🤷‍♂️?

Near impossible out there to grow and keep healthy grass….I was a former lawn nazi….3 1/2 inches, thick, green…you could sleep on it…a friend once did and loved it!.  High and tight edging on the curb and walkway…..huge Milorganite fan.  Used to slowly pull up to my driveway just to admire….mowed on angles for the criss cross checkered effect…..it was a passion.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, I AM IRONMAN said:

Near impossible out there to grow and keep healthy grass….I was a former lawn nazi….3 1/2 inches, thick, green…you could sleep on it…a friend once did and loved it!.  High and tight edging on the curb and walkway…..huge Milorganite fan.  Used to slowly pull up to my driveway just to admire….mowed on angles for the criss cross checkered effect…..it was a passion.

I was the same way. Was a big fan of Turf Royale fertilizer. Had my ritual. Mowed it every Thursday evening (would mow it twice a week in fall and spring) aerated every year, de thatched every other year. And I used to dress it with some lawn art come world series time 😂!

IMG_7374.jpeg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Cossacks said:

It is Arizona so there is that 🤷‍♂️?

You moved to Arizona? I thought you where in Santa Ana,Barbara,Monica or Jose?

You moved to AZ to keep @BUFORDGAWOLVES company? 

He moved to New Mexico and left us without his presence... 

But still Ive noticed on the West coast alot of homes are built almost on top of each other... 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

You moved to Arizona? I thought you where in Santa Ana,Barbara,Monica or Jose?

You moved to AZ to keep @BUFORDGAWOLVES company? 

He moved to New Mexico and left us without his presence... 

But still Ive noticed on the West coast alot of homes are built almost on top of each other... 

Like 2 years ago. Arizona is my “primary” residence. Still part time place in California.

California had a ton of post WW2 growth and the major berth of the tract housing suburban boom so lots aren’t the biggest. The coast has the Pacific as a natural barrier and what is open is inland.

I was out in Raleigh/Durham/ Carey area awhile back looking at houses and the realtor told me they are running out land due to growth. She said lots were getting smaller and bigger lots were definitely a premium in new builds. She said 20 years ago that idea was unimaginable out there.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Cossacks said:

Ohtani might be joining the Pete Rose club? Who knows. There will 20 different versions coming out of what his involvement was 🤷‍♂️?

I’m hoping two wealthy guys simply bet on sports. 
I would have a hard time believing Ohtani bet on baseball. 

14 hours ago, I AM IRONMAN said:

I was always pro “grass”.  :) 

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Cossacks said:

Like 2 years ago. Arizona is my “primary” residence. Still part time place in California.

California had a ton of post WW2 growth and the major berth of the tract housing suburban boom so lots aren’t the biggest. The coast has the Pacific as a natural barrier and what is open is inland.

I was out in Raleigh/Durham/ Carey area awhile back looking at houses and the realtor told me they are running out land due to growth. She said lots were getting smaller and bigger lots were definitely a premium in new builds. She said 20 years ago that idea was unimaginable out there.

Enjoyed a visit to a friend’s parent’s new home in Raleigh with my wife back in 1995.  
If I recall correctly, homes were in the 100-120K range for a nice 3 br SFH.   It was really nice back then and for sure has grown out a tad in the last 29 years.  :) 
Haven’t visited since.  

My wife has a cousin that lives in Winston Salem, triad area.   It’s nice there.  We’ve driven up multiple times. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Cossacks said:

She said lots were getting smaller and bigger lots were definitely a premium in new builds.

Define small and big.  I've got .55 acres and consider my lot small.  My front year is bigger than your back yard.  I will admit, my size lots have gotten harder to find as growth continues. 2,800 sq ft ranch with an 800 sq ft carriage house I built as an in-law-suite for my older sister.  Plenty big for my wife and me.

I'm surprised you don't have some type of shade cover.