Random $%#&

OldTerrapin

16 minutes ago, FreeBird said:

For the average snow guy , you lose money, that’s why these company’s don’t last after few years, if you got reliable equipment, and the clients , one truck can easily make $15-30,000 in a day, plowing and salting, but when u don’t have that many clients and ur just sitting in truck and only snows 1 , 2 times then ur screwed cause now u gonna store and maintain equipment till next year,

That much in a day?  Wow!  I see your point about having dedicated truck and plows.  I can see how a plow on your normal work truck can be lucrative assuming it isn't too expensive.  Hopefully pay for it in a half day and then your only cost is storing it when not in use.

34 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

Never got into Monty Python, but loved Benny Hill as a kid. Saturday night and hearing the Thames TV ident, ingrained in my head. 😂

Love BH!  Python was a cornerstone of my sense of humor.  The Holy Grail, still my favorite comedy movie

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FreeBird said:

For the average snow guy , you lose money, that’s why these company’s don’t last after few years, if you got reliable equipment, and the clients , one truck can easily make $15-30,000 in a day, plowing and salting, but when u don’t have that many clients and ur just sitting in truck and only snows 1 , 2 times then ur screwed cause now u gonna store and maintain equipment till next year,

One truck, $15K in a day.  Hard to believe.

22 minutes ago, Wosinc said:

One truck, $15K in a day.  Hard to believe.

I’m talking commercial not residential, to make that much you need lots of labor, if  you got say 15 lots avg payment say 2k for the lot plowed and to drop a pallet of rock salt 2000 per lot, minus 400 for rock salt and 100 for gas for the day 15k is really easy to make with right equipment, I seen people make 30k plowing 18 hours straight 

1 hour ago, Fred said:

That much in a day?  Wow!  I see your point about having dedicated truck and plows.  I can see how a plow on your normal work truck can be lucrative assuming it isn't too expensive.  Hopefully pay for it in a half day and then your only cost is storing it when not in use.

Put this way, my boss is 20 k in on the plow truck and he probably only made 4-5 k this winter

18 hours ago, Cossacks said:

Never got into Monty Python, but loved Benny Hill as a kid. Saturday night and hearing the Thames TV ident, ingrained in my head. 😂

I hear ya with the Thames/sound entrance.  👍🏻

3 other British TV comedies I enjoyed…

Are you being served 

Retail store setting, funny characters 

Keeping up Appearances

Mrs Bucket (Bouquet lol) with a great supporting cast

Coupling  

Sort of a British version of Friends.  
Pretty blonde actress doesn’t hurt.  

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

Are you being served 

Keeping up Appearances

Coupling  

Coupling was awesome.  Keeping up Appearances is friggin awesome.  My all-time favorite, besides Monty Python, is Red Dwarf.  If you haven't seen it...watch it.  It is the kind of show where I found myself laughing uncontrollably with nobody else in the room.  Are you being served...the least funny show and almost makes me want to attack England.  Lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, golfaddict1 said:

Are you being served 

Keeping up Appearances

Coupling  

I’ll have to see if I can find those and check them out. Did watch Absolutely Fabulous pretty religiously in the 90’s.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, I AM IRONMAN said:

Love BH!  Python was a cornerstone of my sense of humor.  The Holy Grail, still my favorite comedy movie

A lot of my friends growing up loved MP. For whatever reason I just never got into it. Last several years after seeing bits and pieces of it my taste has changed although I need to sit down and actually watch the Holy Grail.

What ever cable package Tits changed to about six months ago, we have HBO, Showtime, Starz and a bunch of other shit channels. Not that I have time to just sit around and watch movies, but I’ve been DVR’ing a lot of movies from the 70s and 80s that at the time I never got around to watching that most people love or consider classics. HG is one I need to find and watch. Shit literally about two weeks ago. I watched A fish called Wanda for the first time. My mom used to rave about that and told me to watch it. That was an awesome flick. John Cleese was great and Kevin Klein was just an awesome prick/villain.😂

1 minute ago, Cossacks said:

A lot of my friends growing up loved MP. For whatever reason I just never got into it. Last several years after seeing bits and pieces of it my taste has changed although I need to sit down and actually watch the Holy Grail.

What ever cable package Tits changed to about six months ago, we have HBO, Showtime, Starz and a bunch of other shit channels. Not that I have time to just sit around and watch movies, but I’ve been DVR’ing a lot of movies from the 70s and 80s that at the time I never got around to watching that most people love or consider classics. HG is one I need to find and watch. Shit literally about two weeks ago. I watched A fish called Wanda for the first time. My mom used to rave about that and told me to watch it. That was an awesome flick. John Cleese was great and Kevin Klein was just an awesome prick/villain.😂

Doesn't matter what road you take to get to Monty Python, just as long as you get there.  The life of Brian is a must see movie too.  

Also, can't believe I forgot about Absolutely Fabulous.  One of the best and IMO probably just below Red Dward and above Keeping up Appearances.  Forgot about the show 'Faulty Towers' with John Cleese, very funny.  

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Cossacks said:

HG is just pure silliness, with several animation scenes that are so funny!