Random $%#&

OldTerrapin

34 minutes ago, ChimpGrip said:

Had Hitler listened to his generals and not gone through with Operation Barbarossa, result of Second World War? Defeat, but at greater cost to the allies? A victory for Nazi Germany?

Spies were crucial, as the USSR had a strong border cover of military fearing Japan would attack them.  
Through their spy network and realizing Japan wouldn’t attack, the USSR quickly moved their strong forces away and went all in to fight Hitler’s attack… and the rest is history.   

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Fred said:

Before the advent of cell phones changed local calling, the Metro Atlanta local call area was over 6,000 square miles.  I used to say the only one larger was Moscow but there weren't any phones to speak of there.  Ranburne Alabama is in the Atlanta local calling area because its community had more in common with GA than AL.

Ranburne is still considered apart of the Atlanta Metro... 

And apparently Chattanooga will be soon if the trend continues

21 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Atlanta traffic has always been rough... 

Fred is in Gwinnett which I know certain areas are worse than mine... 

But where I live at I'm sandwiched between I-75 and every major Downtown Atlanta route and Alabama-Georgia interstate 85.

I'm in Henry County which is a stones throw from alot of Business Areas and yes traffic can get backed up for miles... 

In 2010 or so, my wife and I had a choice to move the fam to the Atlanta area, to work closer to our new boss or be the first office within the company (Int’l) to work solely from home as a pilot project.    

We had a thick research printout of Atlanta and went to work.  

Traffic, smog, moving the kids in middle school and leaving Ft Laud area were reasons we opted to stay.  

3 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

In 2010 or so, my wife and I had a choice to move the fam to the Atlanta area, to work closer to our new boss or be the first office within the company (Int’l) to work solely from home as a pilot project.    

We had a thick research printout of Atlanta and went to work.  

Traffic, smog, moving the kids in middle school and leaving Ft Laud area were reasons we opted to stay.  

Smog ain't an issue here most of the time. 

Atleast not where I am. 

That being said though Ft.Lauderdale and Miami ain't much better

10 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Smog ain't an issue here most of the time. 

Atleast not where I am. 

That being said though Ft.Lauderdale and Miami ain't much better

Allergies were also a concern at the time doing research.  

Looking at quality schooling for the kids and not having too wicked a commute to the Atl office was leading us to homes in a pretty lofty range.  

No regrets, especially as the boss was let go in company switch about a year after we decided to stay in FLL area. 

1 minute ago, golfaddict1 said:

Allergies were also a concern at the time doing research.  

Looking at quality schooling for the kids and not having too wicked a commute to the Atl office was leading us to homes in a pretty lofty range.  

I got family in South FL but they advised me not to try and move any further south than  Tampa or Lakeland....  

Honestly if I had to recommend any place fore you or the Floridians I feel like you'd enjoy John's Creek. 

Nolebull strikes me as a Newnan kinda guy though... 

17 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

I got family in South FL but they advised me not to try and move any further south than  Tampa or Lakeland....  

Honestly if I had to recommend any place fore you or the Floridians I feel like you'd enjoy John's Creek. 

Nolebull strikes me as a Newnan kinda guy though... 

I wouldn’t mind moving to a quieter/more rural spot in FL.

Perhaps PBC, but not too far north.  

WAF is a big deal in the decision process and she’s earned it.  
I can veto, but I have full authority on vehicles and TV choices and don’t want to negotiate anymore.  😂 

I’m good. 

What do you know about equity securities? You need to really understand the business you're buying. Otherwise you're just throwing money at names. Probably better to dollar-cost-average an S&P500 ETF. 

17 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Right now I'm trying to invest in stocks.

• Like 1

On 3/19/2024 at 1:20 PM, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

@Cossacks @HurricaneNick @FreeBird @Nolebull813 @Fred @HooverOutlawOfficial As of today Atlanta has surpassed D.C ,Miami and Philadelphia for 6th largest Metro in the USA and is on track to surpass Houston in the next few years: 

1. NYC 

2. Los Angeles 

3. Chicago 

4. Dallas 

5. Houston 

6. Atlanta 

7. Miami,FL 

8. Philidelphia,PA 

9. D.C 

10.  Tied Phoenix,AZ and Boston,MA 

The Atlanta Metro area will eventually encompass the Auburn,AL-Columbus,GA metro which half of said metro is already considered apart of Atlanta's metro (LaGrange,GA Opelika,AL Phenix City,AL and Pine Mountain,GA are considered apart of the Atlanta Combined Metro area and the Columbus,GA-Auburn,AL  Metro area)

Find suburbs outside of the downtown metros where there’s a big influx of people moving in and invest there. Earlier the better. Went  in on developments in cities north of Austin 5-10 years ago. Leander, pflugerville, round rock, Georgetown etc. Charlotte & Raleigh have been good too. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

Find suburbs outside of the downtown metros where there’s a big influx of people moving in and invest there. Earlier the better. Went  in on developments in cities north of Austin 5-10 years ago. Leander, pflugerville, round rock, Georgetown etc. Charlotte & Raleigh have been good too. 

After looking at Gwinnett county  I wish I could get in on whats going on in Dacula before it gets outta my price range and Gainesville in Hall County