Random $%#&

OldTerrapin

On 3/12/2024 at 5:02 PM, World Citizen said:

Coupling was awesome.  Keeping up Appearances is friggin awesome.  My all-time favorite, besides Monty Python, is Red Dwarf.  If you haven't seen it...watch it.  It is the kind of show where I found myself laughing uncontrollably with nobody else in the room.  Are you being served...the least funny show and almost makes me want to attack England.  Lol

Never heard of Red Dwarf.  Thanks for the tip.  
I’ll check it out.  

On 3/12/2024 at 6:16 PM, World Citizen said:

Doesn't matter what road you take to get to Monty Python, just as long as you get there.  The life of Brian is a must see movie too.  

Also, can't believe I forgot about Absolutely Fabulous.  One of the best and IMO probably just below Red Dward and above Keeping up Appearances.  Forgot about the show 'Faulty Towers' with John Cleese, very funny.  

I did too.  I haven’t seen it on TV in a long time.  Too bad.  

That show takes me back to one of my dad’’s favs, back in the day.  

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Slotback Right said:

I've got Fawlty Towers on DVD! Hilarious!

Anybody remember "Up Pompeii?

Never heard of it, but I like it.  Thanks for sharing.   

Mistress Eclipse joke was hilarious.   Nice scenic “views”, like in Benny Hill.  👍🏻

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, ChimpGrip said:

I believe that’s correct. The fastest air-breathing jet is still the Blackbird (Mach 2.5  

F-35 good news this week. 
I invest in LMT, so this came through their ticker’s news feed.  

https://www.forbes.com/sites/erictegler/2024/03/15/full-rate-f-35-production-has-been-approved-just-as-the-usaf-cuts-buy/

• Like 2

@Fred @Cossacks @HurricaneNick @Nolebull813 @HooverOutlaw @FreeBird

I got a question for y'all... 

I've been going back to school and working my ass off.... 

I love my family and I'm renting a nice home from one of my uncles and I'm currently living near Atlanta in Hampton,GA.... 

I pay $1400 a month which is a steal for this freakin house with 4 br-3 bath. 

But I really want something of my own I've been looking into buying a foreclosed home or Tax liened home.

Theres a few places I'm looking now I'm not against leaving GA... as I have before due to jobs... but I kinda wanna stay in GA

Since moving would no longer effect my line of work its free game. 

Places I've been looking:

St.Augustine,FL

Duluth,GA

Valdosta,GA

Saint Marys,GA 

Huntsville,AL 

Warner Robins,GA

Now from my understanding on Tax lien is I'm responsible for paying the property tax on a home and then the home is mine if the homeowner can't pay me or the bank back the tax lien amount. 

23 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

I love my family and I'm renting a nice home from one of my uncles and I'm currently living near Atlanta in Hampton,GA.... 

But I really want something of my own I've been looking into buying a foreclosed home or Tax liened home.

Theres a few places I'm looking now I'm not against leaving GA... as I have before due to jobs... but I kinda wanna stay in GA

St.Augustine,FL

Duluth,GA

Valdosta,GA

Saint Marys,GA 

Huntsville,AL 

Warner Robins,GA

Now from my understanding on Tax lien is I'm responsible for paying the property tax on a home and then the home is mine if the homeowner can't pay me or the bank back the tax lien amount. 

No offense, but of us dummy crew tagged, @HurricaneNickis the one I’d actively be soliciting real estate advice from 😂😂.

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Nick’s dog house is bigger than my house. The guy who cleans up the dog shit in the dog house makes more money than I do. 

😆

Carl Spackler flashback again (Baby Ruth at bottom of pool “deuce cleanup”… and then takes a bite 😆).  #caddyshack

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

St.Augustine,FL

Duluth,GA

Valdosta,GA

Saint Marys,GA 

Huntsville,AL 

Warner Robins,GA

Huntsville is the hottest area in the state as far as real estate. Nice area.  You may look into the Florida panhandle. 

• Like 2

Sting, a friend of mine is in the middle of a 10 day vacation in St Aug with his wife.  
He just retired end of Feb.  

54 (30 yrs govt job) and wanted a warmer getaway from Chicago area.  

He and wife are having a very relaxing stay and the nice weather has helped, of course.  
I can ask him questions through you if interested.  

He attended the Cathedral Basilica mass today with wife… oldest church (in oldest city) in country.  

23 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Huntsville is the hottest area in the state as far as real estate. Nice area.  You may look into the Florida panhandle. 

Beaches are very nice in the Panhandle, as most likely know.  

I visited Ft Walton Beach a few times for work.  
I had to drive by the Niceville football stadium once @Nolebull813  :) 
  Not too shabby a look.

A fricking haul from Ft Laud.   I drove once solo and flew into Pensacola once with my wife.  Would never drive again!  

No clue how every day life is there though, similar to St Aug.  

51 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

Sting, a friend of mine is in the middle of a 10 day vacation in St Aug with his wife.  
He just retired end of Feb.  

54 (30 yrs govt job) and wanted a warmer getaway from Chicago area.  

He and wife are having a very relaxing stay and the nice weather has helped, of course.  
I can ask him questions through you if interested.  

He attended the Cathedral Basilica mass today with wife… oldest church (in oldest city) in country.  

I'll be in St.Augustine next Thursday for work related reasons and I plan On doing some searching myself while down there....

• Like 2

Just now, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

I'll be in St.Augustine next Thursday for work related reasons and I plan On doing some searching myself while down there....

When u buy the house send me the address so I can inspect your copper pipes 😏

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, HooverOutlaw said:

I was in Huntsville for 2 days 2 months ago... 

Man in the next 5 years Huntsville should surpass Birmingham as Alabama's largest city... 

Huntsville is a Beautiful place though... 

I can see why its a hot spot and it has no shortage of jobs either...