Official game day drink thread

Coletrain06

20 minutes ago, FreeBird said:

Wtf y wouldn’t it taste good?  What’s the point of aging your alcohol if it makes it taste bad

Really just depends on if it’s open or not unopened. Unopened will have possibly have an indefinite shelf life.

Bur if it’s open bottles, yes it’s gonna lose its potency flavoring and get nasty over time.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

Really just depends on if it’s open or not unopened. Unopened will have possibly have an indefinite shelf life.

Bur if it’s open bottles, yes it’s gonna lose its potency flavoring and get nasty over time.

Na all those bottles are all sealed untouched I only brought the unopened ones home, shame the dude never had the chance to drink them,, I probably threw out 30 bottles that were open but barely touched 

CC37B3C1-C60E-455E-A07A-42ED7A5A79CD.jpeg

D508094E-7DCE-4B05-AE45-6581BEE9E8E4.jpeg

Just now, FreeBird said:

Na all those bottles are all sealed untouched , sham the dude never had the chance to drink them,, I probably threw out 30 bottles that were open but barely touched 

Dude with that haul. mom’s basement, and a few bottles of Spanish fly, could be some raging weekends ahead. 😂

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, FreeBird said:

Wtf y wouldn’t it taste good?  What’s the point of aging your alcohol if it makes it taste bad

It just depends how old they are…. Those spirits are made to be Drank within 5-10 years….

”Premium” Spirits are made to last like 15-20 years because of barrel aging, distilling, etc….. An Example would be the Dewars White Label…. That is a nice Basic Scotch….

But if you had a Dewar’s 12 or 18 year scotch that would be a Premium spirit and you could have that bottle and have opened it and you could drink it for like 15 years if you wanted to because of the way it is made…. It is already Barrel aged for 12 or 18 years so it absorbs a lot more of the Barrels which gives it more body and makes it much smoother…..

That all being said, any of those bottles would be lucky to age 15 days in my house!!!… 🤣🤣🍻

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/29/2023 at 11:00 PM, THEOC89 said:

It just depends how old they are…. Those spirits are made to be Drank within 5-10 years….

”Premium” Spirits are made to last like 15-20 years because of barrel aging, distilling, etc….. An Example would be the Dewars White Label…. That is a nice Basic Scotch….

But if you had a Dewar’s 12 or 18 year scotch that would be a Premium spirit and you could have that bottle and have opened it and you could drink it for like 15 years if you wanted to because of the way it is made…. It is already Barrel aged for 12 or 18 years so it absorbs a lot more of the Barrels which gives it more body and makes it much smoother…..

That all being said, any of those bottles would be lucky to age 15 days in my house!!!… 🤣🤣🍻

Unopened bottle of Four Roses whiskey that was likely brought to my childhood home by my Grandfather back in the 70’s.   

A friend and I finished it Dec 29, 2019. 

Taste wasn’t a problem, as you can see. 
Buffalo Trace is beside it and imo, a very good whiskey choice for the price.  

IMG_6080.jpeg

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

Enjoyed three 22 oz Stone IPA’s (👍🏻 on Stone) last night with fam taking in the Heat and Panthers game at a local sports bar.  Both teams won, with the Panthers needing OT and advancing to next round.  

IMG_4473.jpeg

Twin Peaks uses those mugs so they're either not trademarked to the place or you were watching more than sports 😅

This is my oft-mentioned Pecan Pie beverage from my local Bills bar. Small-batch cream soda with Bird Dog pecan-praline whiskey. Wife encouraged me to go with the half-sized last night since we had our niece with us, I wasn't about to deny myself altogether after a week of dad-bod football dominance and Ric Flair cosplay in the office.

20230512_161750.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/27/2023 at 3:51 PM, Bodysurf said:

Heineken!? Fuck that shit!
Happy Memorial Day all, especially those that served.

IMG_1081.jpeg

PBR was my go-to post-softball beer, because when you stand around for two hours in 115-degree heat nothing tastes better than a cheap, dirty American beer.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Wooderson said:

Just got done with football where we were sending off one of our guys to Orlando. Had a Modelo there afterwards and now that home have my signature natural cream soda with a double of peanut butter whiskey.

20230528_194415.jpg

What’s the Orlando transfer’s star rating?  😂.  FL gunna need more help vs GA.  

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

What’s the Orlando transfer’s star rating?  😂.  FL gunna need more help vs GA.  

We sent him off with a multi-tuddy night, though a lot of that was thanks to me sacrificing my own numbers (I had the prettiest touchdown though 😎).

• Haha 1