Official game day drink thread

Coletrain06

56 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

12 pack cans were on sale at the local Publix and less than Stella.  

🍻 brethren 

IMG_4941.jpeg

I will say for me, not the biggest Sierra Nevada fan. Used to drink a-lot of it at the brewery in Chico in the late 80’s and early 90’s when it was one if the OG of craft breweries (New Albion was the godfather of microbreweries IMO).

Now that said, I will always grab a 6 pack of Celebrating Ale for the holidays and knock back those pine tree🌲 tasting mother fuckers and enjoy every last drop 😂!

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Cossacks said:

I will say for me, not the biggest Sierra Nevada fan. Used to drink a-lot of it at the brewery in Chico in the late 80’s and early 90’s when it was one if the OG of craft breweries (New Albion was the godfather of microbreweries IMO).

Now that said, I will always grab a 6 pack of Celebrating Ale for the holidays and knock back those pine tree🌲 tasting mother fuckers and enjoy every last drop 😂!

Not a big fan either and I knew my wife would not like it, as I know her beer taste fav styles and this for sure isn’t it.  But I’m a nice guy and asked her if she wanted some.  :) 

I set her up with the smallest shot glass I could find and she didn’t finish it.  One small sip and I poured the remaining in my glass.  
She likes the Weiss style beers the most.  

IMG_6490.jpeg

• Like 2

On 6/18/2023 at 5:10 PM, Cossacks said:

I am a Chico Alum so we drank a ton of Sierra Nevada in the early 90’s…. It was super cool because they had all the special releases at the Brewery and you could also get them in the local stores in bottles as well…..

Was super disappointed though last summer when I was up in Chico to watch my son play in the Chico Nuts Annual American Legion Baseball Tournament….. We went to the Brewery and all they had was all the generic BS you can get in any store….

The Food was as fantastic as I always remember but if I am at a brewery I want to try something unique that I can’t get anywhere else….🍻

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

I am a Chico Alum so we drank a ton of Sierra Nevada in the early 90’s…. It was super cool because they had all the special releases at the Brewery and you could also get them in the local stores in bottles as well…..

Was super disappointed though last summer when I was up in Chico to watch my son play in the Chico Nuts Annual American Legion Baseball Tournament….. We went to the Brewery and all they had was all the generic BS you can get in any store….

The Food was as fantastic as I always remember but if I am at a brewery I want to try something unique that I can’t get anywhere else….🍻

I’m surprised that it was all generic? That’s usually a selling point of breweries going there to get some thing you can’t just get anywhere else. Strange.

Last time I was at the Brewery was 1997. Used to do road trips to Chico right after high school. Spend Friday night in Chico and party there. Wake up hung over on Saturday morning start drinking and repeat. Occasionally would head down south on 5 and go visit my buddies at Sac State Saturday night after a Friday and early Saturday in Chico. I do remember doing the trifecta of going to Chico on a Thursday, heading down to Sac State on Friday staying the night and then going to my other buddies in Moraga when he was at Saint Mary’s for a Saturday night party. Shit now I get tired driving down the street to Safeway. 😂

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Had just a bit of Beam left so got a can of frozen lemonade concentrate, mixed that up with two bottles of High Life (any light-colored beer will work), and the rest of that Beam (about three shots worth). Filled my jar up (clearly I was a few sips in at this point 😎) then funneled the rest into the empty Beam bottle for future consumption.

20230805_114908.jpg

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Wooderson said:

Had just a bit of Beam left so got a can of frozen lemonade concentrate, mixed that up with two bottles of High Life (any light-colored beer will work), and the rest of that Beam (about three shots worth). Filled my jar up (clearly I was a few sips in at this point 😎) then funneled the rest into the empty Beam bottle for future consumption.

20230805_114908.jpg

Thats what I’m talking about. Not a drop wasted.

10 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

NJ visit huh, nice.  👍🏻  

Hope you enjoyed it.  

Are you at tonight’s concert also? 

I sold my 2 concert date tix as my plans for a NJ trip changed. 

I actually live out here in the NY/NJ area. But I’m still Cali at heart! I don’t follow the local sports scene either.

I only went to the Friday show. Sat in my friend’s suite which was awesome. Metallica put on a great show and I wish I went last night also.

• Like 2

On 6/19/2023 at 10:12 AM, golfaddict1 said:

Not a big fan either and I knew my wife would not like it, as I know her beer taste fav styles and this for sure isn’t it.  But I’m a nice guy and asked her if she wanted some.  :) 

I set her up with the smallest shot glass I could find and she didn’t finish it.  One small sip and I poured the remaining in my glass.  
She likes the Weiss style beers the most.  

IMG_6490.jpeg

I went up to Asheville, NC last weekend for a Spartan Race and toured Sierra Nevada's East Coast brewery. Amazing stuff they have going on there. 

Snapchat-1965199253.thumb.jpg.ffaf32350dabbe3a3c3a39291a8e77d4.jpg

• Like 4

On 8/11/2023 at 4:50 PM, Cossacks said:

Like I’ve said I am not the biggest SN, fan but I’d still be all over that like @FreeBird to a piece of aluminum on the side of the highway 😂

They literally add gypsum and different things to the water they pull from the aquifer in Asheville to get the same flavor they have in the water from their west coast brewery. Very interesting system they have. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

They literally add gypsum and different things to the water they pull from the aquifer in Asheville to get the same flavor they have in the water from their weat coast brewery. Very interesting system they have. 

That’s really interesting. Did you do a tour at the brewery?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

That’s really interesting. Did you do a tour at the brewery?

Yes took the paid tour. Very high tech systems. Also super environmentally friendly. Really a grand facility. The original was built inside of some already existing buildings, but, they got to build this one exactly how they wanted so it's pretty amazing. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Yes took the paid tour. Very high tech systems. Also super environmentally friendly. Really a grand facility. The original was built inside of some already existing buildings, but, they got to build this one exactly how they wanted so it's pretty amazing. 

Looks cool, I’d like to check out that facility sometime.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FreeBird said:

@Cossacks I never drink but it has so hot at my demo job 11 hours into job , this guy ran out of water and his water was shut off, I got pretty smacked off 3 beers, I don’t know if I was that thirsty but this shit ain’t that bad 

FE589365-7286-4B1F-9D1F-F316F4864633.jpeg

That beer is damn good. 3 will get you smacked alright, and turned out to be the perfect amount of pre-gaming at the Hofbrauhaus in Bavaria. A few of the liter mugs would get you going, then the rest of night was open to really quench the thirst with delicious beers and servers in Munich.

image.png.63782fc88a1d82eeb4f578c25d138d0f.png

• Like 5