Official game day drink thread

Coletrain06

5 hours ago, MA Fan said:

Props to Neighborhood Provisions  for hooking me up in this time of need.

x7fcsHO.jpg

Pretty cool service. 

I've always been wanting to try some BlueJacket brews. The old head brewer at my local brewery came down here from there to help them get off the ground. Our Lady Of Good Counsel grad. We talked about that place some. 

Enjoy those beers.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Drinking a nice 4 pack from Listermann in collaboration with the Cincinnati Zoo....The Zoo has some new famous characters. Cheetah Cub Kris was orphaned and so the Zoo brought in a companion puppy, Remus, to help Kris grow up with a friend/sibling. They've become best friends and are very popular.... Kris is a stout w/Caramel and Remus is a stout w/ Vanilla. It suggests mixing them to make a cuvee. 

IMG_20200411_220014.jpg

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Coletrain06 said:

Drinking a nice 4 pack from Listermann in collaboration with the Cincinnati Zoo....The Zoo has some new famous characters. Cheetah Cub Kris was orphaned and so the Zoo brought in a companion puppy, Remus, to help Kris grow up with a friend/sibling. They've become best friends and are very popular.... Kris is a stout w/Caramel and Remus is a stout w/ Vanilla. It suggests mixing them to make a cuvee. 

IMG_20200411_220014.jpg

This kind of stuff is some of the best things about supporting the local breweries. For many of them, the impacts on the communities they reside is amazing. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

This kind of stuff is some of the best things about supporting the local breweries. For many of them, the impacts on the communities they reside is amazing. 

Yes no doubt. They do many collabs with the zoo, and they're like 10 mins down the street from the zoo. I try to stop in at Listermann everytime I go to the zoo now.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Coletrain06 said:

Yes no doubt. They do many collabs with the zoo, and they're like 10 mins down the street from the zoo. I try to stop in at Listermann everytime I go to the zoo now.

I’d hit Listermann’s first. Knock back a few heavy hitter ABV’s and get some courage up and you can be a star 😂. Although I think this chick is just bat shit crazy 

• Haha 1

On 4/12/2020 at 3:28 PM, Cossacks said:

I’d hit Listermann’s first. Knock back a few heavy hitter ABV’s and get some courage up and you can be a star 😂. Although I think this chick is just bat shit crazy 

This is precisely why I dont do it in that order!

We don't need that anyway, lord knows our zoo has had to deal with enough of that after Harambe!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Man! I miss mine! No way I risk going to Albany right now though. I'm buying cans from my bottle shops right now. 

The craft industry is going to get crushed by this. I saw yesterday they expect 46-48% of craft breweries to go under. Most of them aren’t in stores so they need that tap room / walk in sit down crowd. Even selling can/bottles to go is a low source of their revenue and the lucky ones will be able to get by with that but most wont. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

The craft industry is going to get crushed by this. I saw yesterday they expect 46-48% of craft breweries to go under. Most of them aren’t in stores so they need that tap room / walk in sit down crowd. Even selling can/bottles to go is a low source of their revenue and the lucky ones will be able to get by with that but most wont. 

Yeah, it's sad in a number of ways.

I feel like Pretoria Fields will survive as they somewhat diversified with the addition of a radio station actually in the tap room, and, being that it's a collective of doctors, farmers, brewers, djs etc., they quickly pivoted to making hand sanitizer as well as having their base four or five beers in stores across the state. I do fear for the jobs of the people that work there in the tap room though. I'm certain that Tripp would do everything he can to keep them around for as long as he can, but, who knows how different we come out of this thing really. 

A lot of the small guys are toast though. It also needs to be factored in that it could take quite a while for people to get back comfortable with going and being around other people at a tap room as well. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Hardcore Troubador said:

One on the right looks like she needs to lay off the nachos...

I’d still hit it though.

You’re a better man than me. Or maybe worse 😂? I have pretty low standards, but even at zero two hundred hours that would be a hard pass for me.

• Haha 3