Official game day drink thread

Coletrain06

Just now, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Lol different culture I guess, around here , you drink that after you find out your wife has a Ashley Madison account 

I guess if you are trying to wash away a sorrow, you probably would go for some whiskey. (Alcoholism comes to mind)

Sometimes you just want to enjoy/taste a decent bourbon, maybe not even really get a buzz. (Snob) 

On the first one these will suffice...

mogen-david-md-20-20-750ML.thumb.png.870125ff9ef092389a0e250c4815ab49.png2d8faac0d20a358fd25694e9f7f86f6b_large.png.6b8bb6deffe4cae5644b9467e068540d.png

xD

On the second one, you go for something smoother and maybe a little closer to the top shelf. 

• Haha 5

8 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I guess if you are trying to wash away a sorrow, you probably would go for some whiskey. (Alcoholism comes to mind)

Sometimes you just want to enjoy/taste a decent bourbon, maybe not even really get a buzz. (Snob) 

On the first one these will suffice...

mogen-david-md-20-20-750ML.thumb.png.870125ff9ef092389a0e250c4815ab49.png2d8faac0d20a358fd25694e9f7f86f6b_large.png.6b8bb6deffe4cae5644b9467e068540d.png

xD

On the second one, you go for something smoother and maybe a little closer to the top shelf. 

Was always partial to their “Orange Jubilee” varietal myself...

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Hardcore Troubador said:

Was always partial to their “Orange Jubilee” varietal myself...

My moonshiner friend told me a story about MD20/20.

There's a wino passed out, face down with his butt in the air, with an empty bottle of the stuff. Of course this is just a half a block from a gay bar. 

Well, after a lot of men leaving the bar pass him by, eventually there was that one. He took advantage of the moment and then felt kinda bad so he left 15 bucks in the guys hand. When he woke up and found the money in his hand, he went straight to the liquor store and got 3 more bottles and pretty much passed out in the exact same spot, same pose. 

A few minutes later, the gay man comes back with two friends to find the guy and said, "I told you! Here he is!" so they all take a turn, and leave a 100 dollar bill this time. 

When the wino wakes up this time, he goes to the same bottle shop and busts through the door and straight to the counter. "Gimme the best bottle this 100 dollars can buy!"

The clerk says, "You do know how many bottles of MD 20/20 you can get with this, right?!" The wino replies, "I sure do, but that stuff tears my ass up too bad!"

xD

• Haha 5

What you guys got for the Super Bowl? 

I'm ready. 

15806752272271821721937207433404.thumb.jpg.71143834150a42bf48f0723b666a9228.jpg

Got a couple of nice ones in here. Not sure how deep I'll be going into this stack, but, that crowler has some seriously good stuff in it. It's a mead/beer hybrid with lavender and chamomile, and, dammit, it's some of the best stuff I've drank in a long time. I tried it last night at the brewery because @Belly Bob had talked about how he was into the meads. 

I haven't tried the Oglethorpe English Style Beer or the breakfast stout yet. Maybe tonight. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

What you guys got for the Super Bowl? 

I'm ready. 

15806752272271821721937207433404.thumb.jpg.71143834150a42bf48f0723b666a9228.jpg

Got a couple of nice ones in here. Not sure how deep I'll be going into this stack, but, that crowler has some seriously good stuff in it. It's a mead/beer hybrid with lavender and chamomile, and, dammit, it's some of the best stuff I've drank in a long time. I tried it last night at the brewery because @Belly Bob had talked about how he was into the meads. 

I haven't tried the Oglethorpe English Style Beer or the breakfast stout yet. Maybe tonight. 

I don’t have shit yet 😂. Got stuck siting next to a rather large fat on a flight to Orange County, thank god it was only an hour. But I need to exercise and stretch out my liver after that experience. Sorry, but if your 3 bills or over you buy 2 seats!

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

I don’t have shit yet 😂. Got stuck siting next to a rather large fat on a flight to Orange County, thank god it was only an hour. But I need to exercise and stretch out my liver after that experience. Sorry, but if your 3 bills or over you buy 2 seats!

Hell with it. I opened an Oglethorpe just because I felt bad for you bro. May as well start early I reckon. 'Bout to fire up the grill in about a half hour and get them wings on by 5. Trying some bourbon marinade on some of them and then traditional buffalo sauce on the rest. 

20200202_160633.thumb.jpg.da9b6a7a814b7983905263903b0478c9.jpg

This Oglethorpe E.S.B. is pretty good. They grew some of the malts about 15 miles from the brewery then the rest came from the U.K. so it could be a traditional English style brew. Pretty smooth at 5.8% abv. Nice balance. Still can't help but eye that Braggot in the crowler though. Just noticed the beer wench drew a heart on the label. 🥰 hahaha

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, MA Fan said:

The new Super Bowl tradition is to watch basketball in Hagerstown on Saturday and bring back stuff not widely available in the DC area.

Wild and Wonderful but mediocre beer from West Virginia:

20200202-210032.jpg

20200202-210054.jpg

"Dark" potato chips from Pennsylvania

20200202-205644.jpg

The chips look pretty good. I'm not necessarily a Kolsch fan anyway. Always like trying the beers where ever I go though.