Folsom 49 Helix 42 F

PrepGridiron

20 minutes ago, Folsom Prison said:

The reason Narbonne was brought up is because Sammy said they would beat Folsom which is far fetched. Sammy hates Folsom because they’re a household name in California now and Servite hasn’t been relevant (or good) for many years. SAD

Where did I say Narbonne could beat Folsom?  Maybe I said that at least Narbonne schedules better teams than Folsom, and that would be accurate.

The question is will you stick around and defend Folsom's 2018 schedule when it comes out?  Believe me there will be a significant lack of red meat on that slate.

26 minutes ago, Folsom Prison said:
27 minutes ago, Folsom Prison said:

Sammy hates Folsom because they’re a household name in California now and Servite hasn’t been relevant (or good) for many years. SAD

Sammy hates Folsom because they’re a household name in California now and Servite hasn’t been relevant (or good) for many years. SAD

27 minutes ago, Folsom Prison said:

Thought message needed reinforcement 

16 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Where did I say Narbonne could beat Folsom?  Maybe I said that at least Narbonne schedules better teams than Folsom, and that would be accurate.

The question is will you stick around and defend Folsom's 2018 schedule when it comes out?  Believe me there will be a significant lack of red meat on that slate.

You said it on page 5 of this thread: 

“I don't agree at all the Folsom is Top 5 in the state.

I doubt they are even Top 10.  The following teams would beat them

MD

SJB

DLS

Cen10

MV

OLU

SM

JSerra

Chaminade

Narbonne

Poly

Servite

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Folsom Prison said:

MD

SJB

DLS

Cen10

MV

OLU

SM

JSerra

Chaminade

Narbonne

Poly

Servite

He has multiple personalities on this board. So he forgets many things such as which team he allies himself on any given week. 

Cue the Commisioner in 3, 2, .....

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Folsom Prison said:

MD

SJB

DLS

Cen10

MV

OLU

SM

JSerra

Chaminade

Narbonne

Poly

Servite

OK.  I simply asked "where did I say Narbonne would beat Folsom".  You found it for me.  Thanks.....you are correct, Narbonne would beat Folsom.  (not that Folsom, would ever schedule a team ranked as high as Narbonne.

The thing about about this Folsom discussion is that I see both sides of it and agree with both sides --  to a point.

I think the non-believers have a right to feel the way they do. Because it's a fact that Folsom hasn't seriously challenged themselves outside of NorCal during the preseason. And when they've won a State Bowl, they really haven't beaten a top team to do it. 2010 Serra (despite Serra's playoff history) was the only team you could argue was pretty darn good. That was one of their better teams. But beyond that .... MEH.

Scheduling Cathedral Catholic and Coeur d'Alene, while certainly better than Roseville or Woodcreek, just doesn't get it done. It's as if they want to make it appear they are scheduling up without actually having to do it. "Hey, look! We scheduled one of Idaho's storied programs and one of San Diego's best privates."

No disrespect to those programs, who have certainly fielded some pretty good teams over the years, but Folsom doesn't have to go out of section or even NorCal to find games of that caliber. Grant Union. St. Mary's, Elk Grove, Pittsburg, Bellarmine, St. Francis, etc.

But in order to schedule a game that is, on average, equal to or over their head, they do have to go out of section and probably even NorCal. Obviously DLS immediately comes to mind because the campuses are only 92 miles apart. But DLS is on everyone's radar so I get that it might not be easy to secure a game during the right week under short notice (but schedule it 3 -4 years out already, if that's the case!). That's where the PAC-5 comes into play. There's lots of challenging teams throughout LA and the Inland Empire, even if they want no part of SJB, Cent10 or MD. Someone has to have an open week that matches Folsom's.

Having said that, I do feel that Folsom is underrated by the nonbelievers. But I totally get why. But I also feel that Folsom is overrated by their hardcore fans. While they MAY be able to win some of these mythical games, they haven't proved that they can.

The reality of their current situation is, they are a tremendous NorCal program (arguably #2 behind DLS) and the best the SJS has had to offer for the past 6 seasons. No more, no less. But on a State level, we don't really know where they fit in. They could be exactly what the naysayers say. Not top 10, maybe not top 20. Or they could be better than many believe and capable of beating everyone except for the elite of the elite (typically the top 3-5). We all have our opinions, but we really just don't know. But with Folsom likely to be fielding one of their better teams next season, we could all find out -- as long as they are so willing.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, ThunderRam said:

I'm not sure how you're extrapolating that from what was said. Acknowledging that you reached out to DLS (he was specifically asked the question) is not the same as saying that they don't want to play you.

Furthermore:

According to todays Sac Bee , "Coach Richardson and lead assistant Bobby Fresques are scrambling for games to challenge their club next year. I keep telling Kris, "We gotta find someone big on our schedule!" Fresques said, "We tried to schedule De La Salle, but the openings don't fit. It could take two or three years to get them in".

Now Folsom needs to go out and DO it. Enough talk.

Thanks, Thunder, for getting the whole story out there. I was just referring to FP's inference that DLS was ducking Folsom. I think both teams realize that they need to play each other now. Enough of this nonsense. I like Coach Richardson's attitude though. Seems like he's sincere. I think he's going to get a good game or two for them next year even if it's not DLS. Time to let those kids play the big boys. MD and Chandler would be good games. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ThunderRam said:

The thing about about this Folsom discussion is that I see both sides of it and agree with both sides --  to a point.

I think the non-believers have a right to feel the way they do. Because it's a fact that Folsom hasn't seriously challenged themselves outside of NorCal during the preseason. And when they've won a State Bowl, they really haven't beaten a top team to do it. 2010 Serra (despite Serra's playoff history) was the only team you could argue was pretty darn good. That was one of their better teams. But beyond that .... MEH.

Scheduling Cathedral Catholic and Coeur d'Alene, while certainly better than Roseville or Woodcreek, just doesn't get it done. It's as if they want to make it appear they are scheduling up without actually having to do it. "Hey, look! We scheduled one of Idaho's storied programs and one of San Diego's best privates."

No disrespect to those programs, who have certainly fielded some pretty good teams over the years, but Folsom doesn't have to go out of section or even NorCal to find games of that caliber. Grant Union. St. Mary's, Elk Grove, Pittsburg, Bellarmine, St. Francis, etc.

But in order to schedule a game that is, on average, equal to or over their head, they do have to go out of section and probably even NorCal. Obviously DLS immediately comes to mind because the campuses are only 92 miles apart. But DLS is on everyone's radar so I get that it might not be easy to secure a game during the right week under short notice (but schedule it 3 -4 years out already, if that's the case!). That's where the PAC-5 comes into play. There's lots of challenging teams throughout LA and the Inland Empire, even if they want no part of SJB, Cent10 or MD. Someone has to have an open week that matches Folsom's.

Having said that, I do feel that Folsom is underrated by the nonbelievers. But I totally get why. But I also feel that Folsom is overrated by their hardcore fans. While they MAY be able to win some of these mythical games, they haven't proved that they can.

The reality of their current situation is, they are a tremendous NorCal program (arguably #2 behind DLS) and the best the SJS has had to offer for the past 6 seasons. No more, no less. But on a State level, we don't really know where they fit in. They could be exactly what the naysayers say. Not top 10, maybe not top 20. Or they could be better than many believe and capable of beating everyone except for the elite of the elite (typically the top 3-5). We all have our opinions, but we really just don't know. But with Folsom likely to be fielding one of their better teams next season, we could all find out -- as long as they are so willing.

This pretty much covers it. Leave it to Thunder to always come in with a voice of reason. We hate that here xD

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

This pretty much covers it. Leave it to Thunder to always come in with a voice of reason. We hate that here xD

Thanks buddy. I try my best to be as objective as I can be. I think I do a fair job of it considering I get called a hater by hardcore fans of many NorCal/SJS programs and a homer by those outside of the area. The truth has to be somewhere in between, right? ;)

3 minutes ago, ThunderRam said:

Thanks buddy. I try my best to be as objective as I can be. I think I do a fair job of it considering I get called a hater by hardcore fans of many NorCal/SJS programs and a homer by those outside of the area. The truth has to be somewhere in between, right? ;)

You do a great job of it. Seriously. I can't even get mad at ya. I appreciate that you stand up for your area, but ya don't go all homer over them either. It's a fine line that 99.9% of cross. Cheers.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Blueliner said:

You do a great job of it. Seriously. I can't even get mad at ya. I appreciate that you stand up for your area, but ya don't go all homer over them either. It's a fine line that 99.9% of cross. Cheers.

You know, we've gone back and forth in numerous threads (always good discussion) but I honestly don't even know what area/region you're in or who you tend to follow? I'm curious.

3 hours ago, ThunderRam said:

You know, we've gone back and forth in numerous threads (always good discussion) but I honestly don't even know what area/region you're in or who you tend to follow? I'm curious.

NorCal in general. Grew up in the Bay Area. Been a fan of DLS for awhile. However, I didn't go there. Believe it or not though, I like Folsom. I really like her what they're doing. I'm hard on them because I'm a little bit of a DLS homer and i get frustrated that the Bulldogs haven't challenged themselves (enough) with the talent they've had/have. I'm hoping Folsom stays on this course and gets out there with big boys. It's time. I also like Grant, Rocklin, and Pittsburg. I follow the WCAL too. I wish DLS would play in it.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

On 12/18/2017 at 4:10 PM, ThunderRam said:

Even though I'm a Folsom homer, you nailed it, Thunder.

• Thanks 1

On 12/16/2017 at 9:52 AM, PrepGridiron said:

Bosco would beat Folsom fairly handily

I'm not so sure about that.  People put Bosco on a pedestal because of 2016, but this year's team was not nearly as powerful.  I saw them against STA and OLu.  OLu tied that game in the 3rd quarter.  The final margin was 21, but only because Bosco ran up the score with only about a minute left.  The Braves also got lucky that the Centennial QB got hurt the week before they played them.  I don't think they'd beat a full-strength Husky team.

1 hour ago, Cal 14 said:

I'm not so sure about that.  People put Bosco on a pedestal because of 2016, but this year's team was not nearly as powerful.  I saw them against STA and OLu.  OLu tied that game in the 3rd quarter.  The final margin was 21, but only because Bosco ran up the score with only about a minute left.  The Braves also got lucky that the Centennial QB got hurt the week before they played them.  I don't think they'd beat a full-strength Husky team.

You saw Folsom D line wilt in the 2nd half vs Helix.It would happen in the second quarter vs SJB

• Like 4

On 12/18/2017 at 12:55 PM, Sammyswordsman said:

OK.  I simply asked "where did I say Narbonne would beat Folsom".  You found it for me.  Thanks.....you are correct, Narbonne would beat Folsom.  (not that Folsom, would ever schedule a team ranked as high as Narbonne.

It is funny to see that others on here think you are as big of a joke as I think you are. 

On 12/16/2017 at 6:05 AM, ThunderRam said:

If the SJB rumors are true, Folsom has no excuse for not making it happen. The talk in 2014 was that they tried hard to schedule DLS but were turned down since DLS expected to see them in Regionals. Well, if they're willing to face Sparty, no reason they shouldn't be willing to face SJB.

If they manage to beat SJB (or play 'em close), they'll earn a lot of respect and garner support for Open. Schedule SJB and one of the AZ programs. That'll quiet some of the criticism.

How about your Rocklin Thunder? How come they don't schedule anyone? How come they are getting throat stomped against Folsom every year?

On 12/18/2017 at 1:41 AM, Sammyswordsman said:

I think I figured out (non DLS) Nor Cal guys......Once the CIFSS - D1 playoffs end, only the winner can be state ranked along with the 6 Nor Cal SBG entries.   That's how they arrive at Folsom being #3 in the state.... Because SJB, Cen10, MV, etc. no longer exist.

Nor Cal guys think Helix is #2 in So Cal and Narbonne is #3.  Not joking.

Nobody takes this guy seriously do they? This is SonofMtnJohn and probably IndianPride45 together wanking each other off in moms basement lol