Some California news

Ararar

1 hour ago, bigrobstercraws said:

I'm holding onto Loyola and IKE though lol

Image result for spoiler alert

IKE teams in the 90's had a bunch of transfers...Loyola did have a ton but my goodness IKE had a ton...

but back then they weren't really talk about. it was just a kid that moved and his new school happened to be really good at footall...

28 minutes ago, Eddyr2 said:

IKE teams in the 90's had a bunch of transfers...Loyola did have a ton but my goodness IKE had a ton...

but back then they weren't really talk about. it was just a kid that moved and his new school happened to be really good at footall...

IKE? From where? FOHI?

Those stars from the early 90s from IKE all lived in Rialto. 

Also, El Toro and Capo won without transfers. This was not the Capo with Todd Marijuanavich. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bigrobstercraws said:

IKE? From where? FOHI?

Those stars from the early 90s from IKE all lived in Rialto. 

R. Jay Soward didn't start or end his high school career at IKE

4 minutes ago, bigrobstercraws said:

Also, El Toro and Capo won without transfers. This was not the Capo with Todd Marijuanavich. 

i was talking about D1/Pac5, not the lower divisions...

9 minutes ago, Eddyr2 said:

R. Jay Soward didn't start or end his high school career at IKE

i was talking about D1/Pac5, not the lower divisions...

Forgot they didn't play in the whatever the big boy division was back in the 80s-early 90s. Granted back then the divisions weren't like today and largely based on enrollment. Hence ET winning the mythical state title in CA in 1986. 

I was unaware of Soward. I know Glen Thompkins, Julius McChristian and Omar Love played 4 years at IKE. I was buddies with Julius in college. 

12 minutes ago, bigrobstercraws said:

Forgot they didn't play in the whatever the big boy division was back in the 80s-early 90s. Granted back then the divisions weren't like today and largely based on enrollment. Hence ET winning the mythical state title in CA in 1986. 

I was unaware of Soward. I know Glen Thompkins, Julius McChristian and Omar Love played 4 years at IKE. I was buddies with Julius in college. 

i think Soward ended up playing at 3 high schools. Great player and had a great game vs MD in 93...100+ yards and 2 TD's with only 2 catches...

3 hours ago, Eddyr2 said:

Loyola had “a ton” of transfers in the Steve Grady era? 

Any names you’d enjoy listing to validate that statement? 

52 minutes ago, 1901VeniceCub said:

👍🏽Got it. Leaving out one word, like NOT, changes the entire narrative. 

I thought it was comical for a MD fan to lump Loyola into the transfer circus, considering Rollinson poached Rafael Rice from Loyola way back when. 

Hardly..  Rollo was still set in the 90s way, even during the Rice years.. poached wasn't even in the vocabulary unless he was thinking eggs  The word poached didn't take off until about 2013 when talking high school football.

4 hours ago, 1901VeniceCub said:

👍🏽Got it. Leaving out one word, like NOT, changes the entire narrative. 

I thought it was comical for a MD fan to lump Loyola into the transfer circus, considering Rollinson poached Rafael Rice from Loyola way back when. 

Rafael was a really great player. We played Loyal when he was on the team back in the Serra League days. He transferred in the the Spring of my Sr year so i never played with him but see him a few event.

the game we played at Loyal in 2001 was a lot of fun.