Some California news

Ararar

1 hour ago, Ararar said:

Santa Margarita standout wide receiver Chase Nenad transfers to Mission Viejo

•  
  •  
  • Categories:
nenad_SM-16x9-1.jpg?w=978
Santa Margarita standout senior wide receiver Chase Nenad confirmed Friday that he has transferred to Mission Viejo. (File photo by Bill Alkofer, Contributing Photographer)

Mission Viejo will have a new offensive weapon on its side starting Saturday when it plays host to the South County passing tournament.

Santa Margarita standout senior wide receiver Chase Nenad (6-3, 200) confirmed Friday night that he enrolled at Mission Viejo earlier this week.

While the passing tournament is a high-profile summer event, Nenad is a proven performer under the fall lights.

Last season at Santa Margarita, he had a team-leading 60 receptions for 802 yards and five touchdowns in teaming with sophomore quarterback Peter Costelli. The junior quarterback transferred to Mission Viejo in the spring.

Nenad highlighted his junior season with 11 catches for 220 yards and three TDs in a narrow loss against Orem of Utah.

He holds scholarship offers from Louisiana Monroe, Middle Tennessee State, Air Force, UNLV, Army and Toledo.

Nenad joins a Diablos’ receiving group that features talented junior Mavin Anderson among others and is looking to replace graduates Akili Arnold, JoJo Forest and Deavyn Woullard.

Mission Viejo plays Santa Margarita at Trabuco Hills on Aug. 30.

Best team money can buy...

C7C3D204-D7CA-4F71-8057-168C36B3C6AF.gif

9 hours ago, On2whls said:

They’ll probably go undefeated regular season and make the top 8, only to be a 28 point dog int the first round of the playoffs.

Would love to see them play Folsom...both teams seem on par...Folsom has better skill players but MV is bigger up front.

• Like 1

On 7/12/2019 at 11:25 AM, Extremely Humble said:

Definitely wouldn't mind seeing him at SDSU where he would be the man. Rumors are that he's leaning towards Texas A&M. 

If he's smart he stays away from Bama and Clemson where he would get buried in the depth chart IMO. Although people thought his brother Joe Ngata was overrated and in over his head at Clemson and he's killing it right now. 

When you say killing it, what do you mean ? They haven't played a game yet. You mean passing drills ?

1 hour ago, CaliNorth said:

When you say killing it, what do you mean ? They haven't played a game yet. You mean passing drills ?

In the spring game Ngata had five receptions for a game-high 127 yards. 

There are multiple quotes I could pull for you where Coach Sweeney has been raving about the two 5 star WR freshmen Joe Ngata and Frank Ladson. Both players are expected to get major reps for what is going to be the best WR core in the country. 

He’s also put on some serious muscle. Kid looks like Terrell Owens.

BC216368-D83F-4DBA-95D9-D0F455914E92.png

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Eddyr2 said:

Well you know Eddy I certainly appreciate how you support the 3 stripes on this forum.   As you know we have our work cut out for us this year.  The kids are really looking forward to the Servite game, but I tell them every practice that we have to be ready to battle from the get go.

Centennial wants a piece of our hide and feels they can exploit our young secondary.

St. Johns has promised their fans a victory and vow to be in much better condition than they were last year vs DLS and Bosco.  They realize now  that you have to play 4 quarters to survive against our great teams out west.

We don’t know a lot about St. Francis, but they could pose problems for our front 7.  Our coaches feel they are a solid tier 2 program that sees the Monarch game as their ticket to glory

The Centennial Arizona team we play on Sept 6 in the desert is a very physical team, similar to how St. Paul was on the 70’s.  They will pound you and pound you and then go for your jugular when you get tire.

Were a bit concerned about our running back situation. We don’t have the luxury of those Texas programs with their great physical and fast backs.  I saw that North shore kid at some camps and he’s the real deal.

But you know as long as we beat Bosco and Servite we keep the alumni happy.

Stop by practice again and bring your boy.

#GoMonarchs

#DillyDilly

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Extremely Humble said:

In the spring game Ngata had five receptions for a game-high 127 yards. 

There are multiple quotes I could pull for you where Coach Sweeney has been raving about the two 5 star WR freshmen Joe Ngata and Frank Ladson. Both players are expected to get major reps for what is going to be the best WR core in the country. 

He’s also put on some serious muscle. Kid looks like Terrell Owens.

BC216368-D83F-4DBA-95D9-D0F455914E92.png

Something must be in the water in South Carolina😲

1 hour ago, The Stache said:

Well you know Eddy I certainly appreciate how you support the 3 stripes on this forum.   As you know we have our work cut out for us this year.  The kids are really looking forward to the Servite game, but I tell them every practice that we have to be ready to battle from the get go.

Centennial wants a piece of our hide and feels they can exploit our young secondary.

St. Johns has promised their fans a victory and vow to be in much better condition than they were last year vs DLS and Bosco.  They realize now  that you have to play 4 quarters to survive against our great teams out west.

We don’t know a lot about St. Francis, but they could pose problems for our front 7.  Our coaches feel they are a solid tier 2 program that sees the Monarch game as their ticket to glory

The Centennial Arizona team we play on Sept 6 in the desert is a very physical team, similar to how St. Paul was on the 70’s.  They will pound you and pound you and then go for your jugular when you get tire.

Were a bit concerned about our running back situation. We don’t have the luxury of those Texas programs with their great physical and fast backs.  I saw that North shore kid at some camps and he’s the real deal.

But you know as long as we beat Bosco and Servite we keep the alumni happy.

Stop by practice again and bring your boy.

#GoMonarchs

#DillyDilly

When we spoke last month at the Mater Dei 2019 Ring of Honor  ceremony, we talked a lot about how With Mose and Nate playing safety you going to be able to run a ton of cool coverages. Are you going to have Nate play 7 yards back and lay the wood or have him play at 12

6 minutes ago, Eddyr2 said:

When we spoke last month at the Mater Dei 2019 Ring of Honor  ceremony, we talked a lot about how With Mose and Nate playing safety you going to be able to run a ton of cool coverages. Are you going to have Nate play 7 yards back and lay the wood or have him play at 12

Well as you know Eddy, I like our defense to play with reckless abandon, get to the point of attack quickly, and be very physical when we get there.  I don't want to get too specific on a public forum because there might be Servite guys who will try to read this, but The game situations will dictate our scheme a bit.   I am sure coach Johnson will have some  surprises in store. This year we have the luxury at the free safety spot which will allow coach Johnson to do some creative things.

With those 300lb kids clogging the middle, you will be excited to see our new jet end packages too.

#RedFocus

1 hour ago, The Stache said:

I don't want to get too specific on a public forum because there might be Servite guys who will try to read this

Don’t worry they put the laptop to high for Coach Thomas to see this...poor coach T-Bone...the stress of going 0-4 vs MD, Bosco, BG and JSERRA is getting to the poor guys...you guys see the video of him going nuts at a deli? 

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Eddyr2 said:

Don’t worry they put the laptop to high for Coach Thomas to see this...poor coach T-Bone...the stress of going 0-4 vs MD, Bosco, BG and JSERRA is getting to the poor guys...you guys see the video of him going nuts at a deli? 

Hell, Eddy... ain't that your zip code...short city?

Picking on your weight/height class ain't cool.

BGW

1 hour ago, Slotback Right said:

After failing to make the championship bracket, for the 2nd tournament in a row, J Serra has withdrawn from the Huntington Beach Tourney.

https://twitter.com/hbhs_football/status/1150837945881882625?s=20

Interesting, I was wondering if someone was going to mention Jserra has failed to make the Championship Brackets for two tourneys - to possibly be reason to pull out of the HB Tourney. I would say, its too close to season to be playing a tournament. Kids need to heal, and rest, because there isn't time to mend and get those summer nagging injuries when the pad come on. 

51 minutes ago, covercorner said:

Interesting, I was wondering if someone was going to mention Jserra has failed to make the Championship Brackets for two tourneys - to possibly be reason to pull out of the HB Tourney. I would say, its too close to season to be playing a tournament. Kids need to heal, and rest, because there isn't time to mend and get those summer nagging injuries when the pad come on. 

does "hell week" start on the 22nd or 29th in CIF this year?