Some California news

Ararar

2 hours ago, NotBigdaddybloom said:

Centennial would be the biggest name on that schedule...but hey, keep making excuses while playing division 4 teams!

9C2F1E3F-6777-40BB-B376-049DC68B1BD0.png

So you don't quite comprehend how scheduling is usually done years in advance?

The only new team changed to this from the previous staff was swapping one crappy Hawai'i school with an even worse one. Baldwin was Bob Johnson's buddy and CJ is pals with the other HI coach. They're not changing their every 2 year trip to HI for Cen10. Try another week. 

20 minutes ago, bigrobstercraws said:

So when did an opening for Cen10 come available?

22 minutes ago, bigrobstercraws said:

So you don't quite comprehend how scheduling is usually done years in advance?

The only new team changed to this from the previous staff was swapping one crappy Hawai'i school with an even worse one. Baldwin was Bob Johnson's buddy and CJ is pals with the other HI coach. They're not changing their every 2 year trip to HI for Cen10. Try another week. 

For one thing don’t patronize me, I know more about scheduling than you do. Second around two years ago the Huskies could only get nine games! This year both MD and Centennial was running into problems completing a schedule, so they decided to play each other. You’re a dolt...don’t play them, that’s fine, just don’t mention them in the same breath. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, NotBigdaddybloom said:

Any other SoCal guy want to provide another excuse as to why MV hasn’t played the number one public high school in the nation?!?!

If I was “St Mission Viejo’s” Coach And I had that Awful loss to San Clemente last year, I wouldn’t Schedule “The Real CC” either....

I would take the Folsom route and say “I am sorry, we have a 2 year contract with some lower level or crappy Hawaii team we are going to hang 50 on and we just cant get out of it”....🤣🤣🤣...

I personally think they have been stealthy avoiding CC for years so they don’t hurt their rankings.... Games with CC can get out of hand fast and the last thing MV ever wants is a 3+ TD loss in the regular season which would hurt their recruiting efforts against the Trinity League teams... 

But in MV’s defense, they play in the same playoff bracket since 2016, so although I would luv to see that matchup, it doesn’t bother me that they don’t play in the regular season....

Plus MV has scheduled well over the years and has many big time wins in So Cal including over TL teams and I think a winning record against MD prior to the All Star extravaganza....

From now on teams that really want to make a splash need to schedule MD or SJB... You beat one of those 2 and you have a shot at the #1 seed in the Open bracket....

CC gets that shot this year, looking forward to seeing what they can do with it!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

CC gets that shot this year, looking forward to seeing what they can do with it!!!

CC still building.  They have some good pieces, but probably not enough.  If they can pull off a win, it would have to go down as one of their best.  

I wonder who has a better shot at an upset, CC vs MD, or Folsom vs DLS?

14 minutes ago, On2whls said:

CC still building.  They have some good pieces, but probably not enough.  If they can pull off a win, it would have to go down as one of their best.  

I wonder who has a better shot at an upset, CC vs MD, or Folsom vs DLS?

I agree with you, while I will be pulling for CC to pull the upset, I just don’t think they will have the QB play to win this....

MD’s QB is so good as well as their defense, it will take an outstanding QB who can make big plays to beat MD....

Folsom is much more likely to upset DLS... Folsom will cruise in after hanging 60 on a few “Antelope” and their Offense will be humming.... DLS will have been beaten up by STA.... Plus It’s a home game with all those transfers, and D1 talent, other then last year this will be Folsom’s best shot at beating DLS, they should be the favorite in that game....

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, NotBigdaddybloom said:

It will be close...I think?

Both games have the potential to be close.  

I’m concerned about the Cen10 QB situation though.  Each has only half a year worth of reps.  IMO one has upside potential and the other will simply be the same as last year.  I hope I’m wrong, but the passing league performance was not encouraging.  QB performance will determine if it stays close.

15 hours ago, NotBigdaddybloom said:

For one thing don’t patronize me, I know more about scheduling than you do. Second around two years ago the Huskies could only get nine games! This year both MD and Centennial was running into problems completing a schedule, so they decided to play each other. You’re a dolt...don’t play them, that’s fine, just don’t mention them in the same breath. 

LMAO

And yet every thing you say demonstrated you don't know jack shit. Two years ago, who was the coach at St Mission Viejo? So why the fuck is this part of your demonstration in retardation?

I was patronizing you to be kind. 

Fuck you. You don't deserve respect. You're willfully misinformed and proud of it. 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, bigrobstercraws said:

LMAO

And yet every thing you say demonstrated you don't know jack shit. Two years ago, who was the coach at St Mission Viejo? So why the fuck is this part of your demonstration in retardation?

I was patronizing you to be kind. 

Fuck you. You don't deserve respect. You're willfully misinformed and proud of it. 

21 minutes ago, bigrobstercraws said:

No, you clearly are incapable of that. 

GFYS I’ll be at the game hero!

15 hours ago, THEOC89 said:

If I was “St Mission Viejo’s” Coach And I had that Awful loss to San Clemente last year, I wouldn’t Schedule “The Real CC” either....

I would take the Folsom route and say “I am sorry, we have a 2 year contract with some lower level or crappy Hawaii team we are going to hang 50 on and we just cant get out of it”....🤣🤣🤣...

I personally think they have been stealthy avoiding CC for years so they don’t hurt their rankings.... Games with CC can get out of hand fast and the last thing MV ever wants is a 3+ TD loss in the regular season which would hurt their recruiting efforts against the Trinity League teams... 

But in MV’s defense, they play in the same playoff bracket since 2016, so although I would luv to see that matchup, it doesn’t bother me that they don’t play in the regular season....

Plus MV has scheduled well over the years and has many big time wins in So Cal including over TL teams and I think a winning record against MD prior to the All Star extravaganza....

From now on teams that really want to make a splash need to schedule MD or SJB... You beat one of those 2 and you have a shot at the #1 seed in the Open bracket....

Since Sponge Bob took over St. Mission Viejo, they had a trip to HI every 2 years. Those games were always glorified scrimages while on an island vacation. Both head coaches at both HI programs are friends with the MV head coaches who made these match ups. 

It is really chicken shit to avoid playing a good team in HI. 

However, I get why.

The SC loss was big, but that wasn't their worst game. IMO, it was almost losing to Capo Valley. At least SC has some D1 football talent. Capo's D1 talent was future college baseball players playing football.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bigrobstercraws said:

Since Sponge Bob took over St. Mission Viejo, they had a trip to HI every 2 years. Those games were always glorified scrimages while on an island vacation. Both head coaches at both HI programs are friends with the MV head coaches who made these match ups. 

It is really chicken shit to avoid playing a good team in HI. 

However, I get why.

The SC loss was big, but that wasn't their worst game. IMO, it was almost losing to Capo Valley. At least SC has some D1 football talent. Capo's D1 talent was future college baseball players playing football.

The developmental organization the new coach has founded, on paper,  looks like a good thing and in theory they will schedule up and compete at a higher level as the athletes become available.  

What’s to stop it from becoming another fishing hole for MD though?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, On2whls said:

The developmental organization the new coach has founded, on paper,  looks like a good thing and in theory they will schedule up and compete at a higher level as the athletes become available.  

What’s to stop it from becoming another fishing hole for MD though?

Or JSerra since they're closer.

It won't.

MV's post super team model is working. The accepting of TL guys who got beat out by better players. They had a decent last 2 QBs, both went to power 5 programs who lost the competition for QB1 at TL schools. Now, they appear to be starting a 3rd TL transfer in a row that would not be playing had they stayed at their first school

They'll never win D1. But, they can compete to see who whups Folsom every year.