Some California news

Ararar

1 hour ago, ATLien12x said:

Rough weekend for California’s top youth teams. 

11u lost to Georgia (OG Ducks (formerly IE)

12U lost to Miami Gardens (Wilmington Pilots) 

14U lost to Vegas Strong (OG Ducks) 

Are all youth league teams in Wilmington named after their HS or did their YL team transition from Jr All-American to Pop Warner to whatever they're in now?

5 hours ago, SoCalFball said:

There’s a strong rumor that Cen10 could be picking up a top incoming freshman by the name of Deandre Moore. Kid is moving from Vegas and currently has offers from Alabama, Georgia Florida, Auburn, ASU and Hawaii. Gotta be legit to have offers like that lol 

This year’s freshman team could be pretty special.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Ararar said:

On Aug. 23, the Corona Centennial-Mater Dei game will be televised by Prime Ticket. On Aug. 30, the New Jersey Don Bosco Prep-St. John Bosco game will be televised by Prime Ticket. Both games have 7:30 p.m. kickoffs.

Nice, good for recording the game. 

22 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

If your a die hard, just purchase other streaming types like FuboTV.  They offer a bunch of channels including Fox Sports West, which we in NorCal can't get through regular cable. 

I get fox sports west though.   Just not prime ticket.    I forget do they offer PPV?

10 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

If your a die hard, just purchase other streaming types like FuboTV.  They offer a bunch of channels including Fox Sports West, which we in NorCal can't get through regular cable. 

I just upgrade my Sports Package on Direct TV from August through December, its only 9 Bucks a month... I also do the NFHS Network streaming as well... This way I am pretty much guaranteed access to all the Big Games across the country and I can have a game on TV and another on the Laptop!... :) 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 954gator said:

I get fox sports west though.   Just not prime ticket.    I forget do offer PPV?

I wish they did.  Its like a freaking super exclusive club or something to get Prime Ticket.  No doubt it was forced by the Trinity league so that DLS can't watch games of their future Open Bowl opponents!! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, THEOC89 said:

I just upgrade my Sports Package on Direct TV from August through December, its only 9 Bucks a month... I also do the NFHS Network streaming as well... This way I am pretty much guaranteed access to all the Big Games across the country and I can have a game on TV and another on the Laptop!... :) 

So if I switch to DirecTV I can get Prime Ticket in NorCal?

5 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

I wish they did.  Its like a freaking super exclusive club or something to get Prime Ticket.  No doubt it was forced by the Trinity league so that DLS can't watch games of their future Open Bowl opponents!! 

Yeah man even my websites that can illegally stream huge PPV boxing fights rarely gets those games.   Problem is that most people don't care so it's not heavily watched.    Hard as F to find.   

• Like 1

A Los Angeles Unified School District investigation involving the Narbonne football program has entered its fourth month with no indication of when it will be completed.

Trent Cornelius, an LAUSD athletics administrator, said he does not expect a conclusion “in the immediate future.”

Narbonne football players were interviewed in May. The district announced it was investigating an allegation of academic misconduct, and two staff members were removed. In early June, head coach Manuel Douglas was temporarily reassigned and has not done any work with the team since. Joe Aguirre, a former defensive coordinator, was named interim coach.

The local district in charge of Narbonne has since brought in a new principal, a new assistant principal in charge of athletics and a new athletic director.

Narbonne, which has won five consecutive City Section football championships, is set to open its season on Aug. 24 in Clovis against Buchanan on ESPNU. A change in Douglas’ status is unlikely to be made until the investigation is completed.

• Haha 1

Kind of Off topic but oh well it pertains to CA... I just received an email from Maxpreps because I coach water polo in the NCS, letting us know that Maxpreps is no longer a sponsor of the CIF. Apparently the CIF's sports marketing agency entered into an agreement with a competitor... I wonder which competitor it is, anyone else hear about this?