Some California news

Ararar

2 hours ago, Extremely Humble said:

Watching those highlights it's actually a miracle Folsom got shut out. I need to log off my blood is starting to boil. 

I know the feeling.  I can’t bear to watch the 2015 Cen10 vs DLS game.  4 times inside the 25 with no result.  They went away from what got them there, presumably to avoid critical turn overs like in the 2014 game.  Didn’t attempt a single field goal, and worst of all left Tanner McKee to ferment on the bench????

• Like 4

3 hours ago, On2whls said:

I know the feeling.  I can’t bear to watch the 2015 Cen10 vs DLS game.  4 times inside the 25 with no result.  They went away from what got them there, presumably to avoid critical turn overs like in the 2014 game.  Didn’t attempt a single field goal, and worst of all left Tanner McKee to ferment on the bench????

I hear you, 2whls...I hear you on that...

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Extremely Humble said:

Maxpreps Top 10 Running Backs for California: 

1 - Kendall Milton (Buchanan) 

2 - Daniyel Ngata (Folsom) 

3 - Raleek Brown - (Edison) 

4 - Nathaniel Jones (SJB)

5 - JoJuan Collins (Narbonne)

6 - Chris Street (JSerra)

7 - Isaiah Newell (Las Lomas)

8 - Jyden Kings (Calabasas)

9 - Byron Cardwell (St. Augustine) 

10 - Cameron Skattebo (Rio Linda)

The top team in Cali has no top 10 RB in the state? MD on a down year? SFA might give them the business....

17 hours ago, Extremely Humble said:

You're definitely entitled to your opinion.

Just like Alabama, Clemson, LSU, Michigan, Notre Dame, Penn St, USC, Tennesee, Oregon, Washington, Utah, Texas A&M, Oregon, Oklahoma State, ASU, and Nebraska are entitled to theirs 😉

Ha I hear ya, but I am sure there are other RB's who have those kind of offers.  Either way, like you said it's just my opinion. 

30 minutes ago, bigrobstercraws said:

SDSU could use Ngata. We got a run heavy offense that puts RBs into the NFL. If Adam Muema didn't go insane it would be a run of 4 straight starting RBs to get drafted. 

Go Aztecs!

Huge fan. Lol.  Muema became a clergy man or something like that for some church.  Dude went batshit crazy.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bigrobstercraws said:

SDSU could use Ngata. We got a run heavy offense that puts RBs into the NFL. If Adam Muema didn't go insane it would be a run of 4 straight starting RBs to get drafted. 

Go Aztecs!

Definitely wouldn't mind seeing him at SDSU where he would be the man. Rumors are that he's leaning towards Texas A&M. 

If he's smart he stays away from Bama and Clemson where he would get buried in the depth chart IMO. Although people thought his brother Joe Ngata was overrated and in over his head at Clemson and he's killing it right now. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Extremely Humble said:

Definitely wouldn't mind seeing him at SDSU where he would be the man. Rumors are that he's leaning towards Texas A&M. 

If he's smart he stays away from Bama and Clemson where he would get buried in the depth chart IMO. Although people thought his brother Joe Ngata was overrated and in over his head at Clemson and he's killing it right now. 

I don't think he'd be over his head at the big-time big boys. I do think he'd be a cog awaiting his turn on the depth chart, even if he sees a lot of PT, he would wait for his time to be a featured RB. At SDSU, they've had multiple 1,000 rushers in the same season including a few years ago when they had both a 2,000 and 1,000 yard rusher. So even as the RB2, he'd get a ton of looks. More than most feature RBs. 

At SDSU, we don't have any guys that resemble the past draft picks behind the current senior starter. Ngata would be vying for immediate PT as a true freshman. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

Jojuan Collins Narbonne. There is one.

Ok, are you suggesting that Collins may be better, though?

'Cause Collins wasn't even the starter at Narbonne last year.  In fact the guy who played ahead of him is a year behind him in school.

1 hour ago, Cal 14 said:

Name one.

In the DLS game, he looked more impressive than his older brother.

Agreed. D. Ngata and To'oto'o  were the stand out players for me that night. 

That's why I'm giving Folsom an outside shot this year to upset DLS. Nobody expects DLS defense to be as stingy as last season. They were stacked on D last year. Also, nobody is talking about some of the low-key transfers Folsom has gotten...  

*I still think DLS wins for the record, because... DLS

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Extremely Humble said:

I think someone asked but I didn't see a response. 

What's the latest on Narbonne? Is the scandal over? did they lose any major players? According to 247 they are stacked. 

So far RB/WR Seven McGee, RB Jojuan Collins, and RB Marcesee Yetts have left Narbonne. 

2 hours ago, Extremely Humble said:

Agreed. D. Ngata and To'oto'o  were the stand out players for me that night. 

That's why I'm giving Folsom an outside shot this year to upset DLS. Nobody expects DLS defense to be as stingy as last season. They were stacked on D last year. Also, nobody is talking about some of the low-key transfers Folsom has gotten...  

*I still think DLS wins for the record, because... DLS

Tell us bout those transfers, Humble.

giphy.gif

Thanks,

BGW

Santa Margarita standout wide receiver Chase Nenad transfers to Mission Viejo

•  
  •  
  • Categories:
nenad_SM-16x9-1.jpg?w=978
Santa Margarita standout senior wide receiver Chase Nenad confirmed Friday that he has transferred to Mission Viejo. (File photo by Bill Alkofer, Contributing Photographer)

Mission Viejo will have a new offensive weapon on its side starting Saturday when it plays host to the South County passing tournament.

Santa Margarita standout senior wide receiver Chase Nenad (6-3, 200) confirmed Friday night that he enrolled at Mission Viejo earlier this week.

While the passing tournament is a high-profile summer event, Nenad is a proven performer under the fall lights.

Last season at Santa Margarita, he had a team-leading 60 receptions for 802 yards and five touchdowns in teaming with sophomore quarterback Peter Costelli. The junior quarterback transferred to Mission Viejo in the spring.

Nenad highlighted his junior season with 11 catches for 220 yards and three TDs in a narrow loss against Orem of Utah.

He holds scholarship offers from Louisiana Monroe, Middle Tennessee State, Air Force, UNLV, Army and Toledo.

Nenad joins a Diablos’ receiving group that features talented junior Mavin Anderson among others and is looking to replace graduates Akili Arnold, JoJo Forest and Deavyn Woullard.

Mission Viejo plays Santa Margarita at Trabuco Hills on Aug. 30.