Some California news

Ararar

1 hour ago, LT4Spartan06 said:

Kind of Off topic but oh well it pertains to CA... I just received an email from Maxpreps because I coach water polo in the NCS, letting us know that Maxpreps is no longer a sponsor of the CIF. Apparently the CIF's sports marketing agency entered into an agreement with a competitor... I wonder which competitor it is, anyone else hear about this?

It’s scoring live or something like that I’ll try and find some info.I know all the teams down here are supposed to upload stats and rosters to that site

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, bigrobstercraws said:

When Villa Park is your "easy" game, this is gonna be a rough ride. 

I think Villa Park Beat Servite last year?.... Going to be tough to find 6 or 7 wins with that Schedule!!!....

So Cal Football (Especially in the OC) is much better when Servite is good though, So I am pulling for TT and Servite to get it going again!!!!....🙂

• Like 1

A nine-member Southern Section transfer committee declined to make any recommendations on changing rules after a year-long study, commissioner Rob Wigod said Thursday.

The committee failed to come to a consensus about the need for new rules but will continue to monitor transfer issues and plans to meet again in January, according to Wigod.

Wigod said members are pleased with a recent new requirement on paperwork required for a valid change of residence.

A survey taken by the Southern Section last year indicated members wanted changes in the rules but the specifics were hard to come by on what to do.

“The people have spoken,” Wigod said. “In terms of a consensus on a specific bylaw change, they didn’t feel it was there.”

In my opinion, if there’s no consensus on transfer rule change, maybe the committee needs to focus on bylaw 510, which involves undue influence — otherwise known as illegal recruiting. In the age of social media, adults are using it to recruit athletes, and they come from private and public schools. That’s where the next focus needs to be.

On 8/13/2019 at 5:58 PM, THEOC89 said:

I think Villa Park Beat Servite last year?.... Going to be tough to find 6 or 7 wins with that Schedule!!!....

So Cal Football (Especially in the OC) is much better when Servite is good though, So I am pulling for TT and Servite to get it going again!!!!....🙂

Yes they did and also played St Mission Viejo tough. They also had 9-1 freshman and JV teams last year. 

I agree. But, even more so...when there are good public schools, OC football and So Cal football are better. 

• Like 1

Some Mission League notes...

- 6’4 215 JR QB Brayden Zermeno (Orange Lutheran) has been cleared by the CIF and is immediately eligible for full participation at Loyola. 

(Zermeno at Oregon State)

F3B05E0B-72DD-49E0-8197-2CF8C1746985.thumb.jpeg.7509dcb0df0f0e061fc85369c9be2c30.jpeg

- 6’2 160 SOPH QB  Tyler Voss (Chaminade) has transferred to Oaks Christian. Chaminade will go with 6’3 195 JR Jaylen Henderson at QB, a transfer from Narbonne. 

(Sondy commentary)

04FB2046-12EE-4EDB-99BF-1E75A314D21B.jpeg.2a29f07e4ec6a57369e36c0df9e2f4c1.jpeg

5 hours ago, Exocet 98 said:

Mission Viejo at Corona Centennial for a "Shake Down Scrimmage" tonight.

Strange format, three teams, semi-contact.  MV looked good all around.  Lots of clever plays on offense, and a good screen game with multiple looks.  Defense looked solid and strong kicking game.  

Silverado has some big boys, runs a really weird offensive formation.   Their backs are pretty quick but they struggled passing.  Defensively I was a little surprised.  They played pretty sound defense. 

Centennial looked about the same as last year but D not as intimidating.  O line still looks unsettled.   QB’s and receivers remarkably still not on the same page.  Harris played sparingly, but is clearly the best passer.  

Foreman looks like he’s gonna put a hurt on a few people.   He gets in to the QB pretty quickly.  Special teams looked pretty bad except for Gary Bryant who has a remarkable ability to run to where the defenders aren’t.   They had position players kicking??? Nick Floyd had a couple good runs with multiple cuts.  Back up RB is a micro back, but runs pretty tough.  

Overall, the Huskies just didn’t look very sharp.  Next weeks game against MD could be pretty ugly.  Unless they improve quickly, they’ll have their hands full with OOL schedule.

• Like 1