Some California news

Ararar

On 7/27/2019 at 12:07 AM, Ararar said:

Punahou will be one of the few teams to travel to the states this season as it takes on Long Beach Poly (California) also on Aug. 30.

Hawaiians hate it when people say that.  Or so I'm told.  They prefer "the mainland". Lol sorry couldn't help myself.  I'm that bored today.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 8:20 PM, On2whls said:

CC still building.  They have some good pieces, but probably not enough.  If they can pull off a win, it would have to go down as one of their best.  

I wonder who has a better shot at an upset, CC vs MD, or Folsom vs DLS?

With the CB transfer I think CC will fair better against MD. MD wins a high scoring game 41-28.

Folsom loses to DLS again.

19 minutes ago, Kalven said:

With the CB transfer I think CC will fair better against MD. MD wins a high scoring game 41-28.

Folsom loses to DLS again.

Hmm.. don't read into too much of MD losing Ricks and Green.. Its a tough loss, but not as much as people think. Domani Jackson and Jaylin Davies are better now, then Ricks and Green where as Soph/Juniors. Jackson is a sophomore, he's long like Ricks, just not as long, but Domani is faster and physically stronger or equal to Ricks. 

Jaylin Davies is faster than Green, but isn't as physical, but has more closing speed. 

And no way this MD defense gives up 28 points. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, SoCalFball said:

today is Trinity League Media Day

I thought this was funny considering both MD and Bosco have had to forfeit game due to a transfer or two lol

A80954FC-212D-4448-9D04-CC5F016A250B.jpeg

Not always a popular opinion, but I  like Sondheimer -- It's cool that a paper with the stature of the LA Times still has a reporter on the high school beat.  But does anybody else think his picture makes him look like Wormtail from Harry Potter?

image.jpeg.289e022f19e07d56af10b59824078fc5.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

On 8/2/2019 at 3:15 PM, 15yds4gibberish said:

Not always a popular opinion, but I  like Sondheimer -- It's cool that a paper with the stature of the LA Times still has a reporter on the high school beat.  But does anybody else think his picture makes him look like Wormtail from Harry Potter?

image.jpeg.289e022f19e07d56af10b59824078fc5.jpeg

I like Sondheimer also but he has become more vocally opinionated the past few years IMO. Some of us like to affectionately refer to him as Gollum.

1F2A7CF6-FE39-4CAA-8866-874D01BD5A41.jpeg

• Haha 3

24 minutes ago, Eddyr2 said:

To be fair, the last time a team won a CIF SS Championship without a transfer Jimmy Carter was president

You are reaching on this one... I can’t remember the last SS champ that had “Single Semester Transfers” like MD.... 🤣.

At least the rest of them put up the “Facade” and graduated from their school....🤣🤣

Or maybe if they went to Private school they “Waived” the religion requirement...🤣🤣🤣....

No team in the TL has had that issue except for MD.... Yet....

And I am fine with it, kudos to Rollo for “Out-Super Teaming” SJB and the rest of the country!!!... He is a Great coach, Great coaches adapt, they don’t get left behind!!!

• Haha 1