Some California news

Ararar

On 9/14/2020 at 6:27 PM, HurricaneNick said:

Yes we’re ready to go at QB!! Depth at QB is Rollo’s favorite!! 

When will Loyola finish a season above .500? Stay tuned! Losing seasons since ‘15 how long will the streak go?!!  Hopefully not as long as our streak against servite! I’ll pray for the cubs my catholic brother!! 😏 

BTW how’s transfer quarterback Brayden Zermeno looking? Kid makes the trip from south county OC! NICE! Too many L’s! 

What a tough division to win in too!! 😭😭😭😂 Time to pull out the SAT scores!!! 😂

DBF661B4-007E-4F4F-9500-92440A901ADA.jpeg

That is one hell of a commute to have to go through daily.  Well once the in person schooling begins and football starts.  Latino QB's seem to be in fashion once again. lol

• Like 2

On 9/14/2020 at 8:33 PM, 1901VeniceCub said:

I’m guessing you don’t know the story of Brayden Zermeno. Boy, what a terrific young man and leader! You should be humble, he had a cup of coffee with the Monarchs as a frosh. 

Zermeno is the quintessential Loyola Cub. A smart, multitalented, wholesome, faithful, young man with a desire to lead. 

No coach (Mater Dei, OLU, MV), gave him a shot to lead a team. During his sophomore year, Loyola hired Legendary Cub Alum and former NFL  Scout, Drew Casani as head coach, and former NFL WR Matthew Hatchette as the Cubs’ Offensive Coordinator. Very attractive ti QBs and athletes with next level aspirations.

Loyola was the unlucky recipient of the So Cal QB Transfer Carousel with Miller Moss transferring to Alemany (you guys were pretty pumped to take him until he was ineligible), Finn Collins to San Joaquin Memorial (now at Alemany), Jackson Dadich to Birmingham (now at St. Bernard with Manny Douglas) and two other QBs (Campbell Hall & Santa Monica).

A perfect home was empty for a humble leader like Zermeno to display his talent under a progressive Offensive Mind. As you admitted, Loyola-the school-is attractive to OC families as deep as Newport Beach and CDM.

Zermeno just recently committed to Princeton (Turning down offers from Maryland and SDSU & others), after leading Loyola to their Division Championship as a junior. 

I think Loyola with Zermeno as a returning  starter and team captain, along with  All-Americans Ceyair Wright (Top CB in CA) and Zakhari Spears (Washington Commit) alongside Jacoby Kelly (A Top ‘22 WR), two 6’5 Bookend defensive linemen, a big OL led by Sam Yoon ’22 (6’5 270) and two junior RBs in Harrison Allen (Marcus Allen’s nephew) and Tahj Owens (Terrell Owens’ nephew), Loyola is in good shape (fingers crossed we get a season) to win league and play for another Championship in Drew Casani’s 2nd year. 

4947828E-70BA-4CCD-99AF-C1199311E0B3.jpeg

47B0F4E3-5E40-448F-AE5E-F54B1031801F.jpeg

D546E754-C0C0-4800-80FE-65591EF4673C.jpeg

2CEEA39E-F133-4C90-97FD-44C80F4F114A.jpeg

The future is bright! Getcha popcorn ready! 

29BFDBD7-81E4-4ED5-AE4E-9226807B8707.jpeg

That kid in the background. LOL

• Haha 5

7 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

That is one hell of a commute to have to go through daily.  Well once the in person schooling begins and football starts.  Latino QB's seem to be in fashion once again. lol

Zermeno commutes from Huntington Beach. Many Loyola families in the area, and travel from much further south, as well. 

Zermeno is a tremendous leader and excellent student. The Loyola QB is committed to Princeton. 

• Like 2

On 9/13/2020 at 7:56 PM, Extremely Humble said:

I'm fine with that. Here's my question though, who's paying the tuition for these kids? 

Depends on what their household income situation is.   I'm sure some need financial assistance, but others (like the St Browns, who live in Anaheim Hills) don't.  I went to MD with lots of kids on financial assistance who never stepped foot on an athletic field or court.

• Thanks 2

23 hours ago, 1901VeniceCub said:

The Haters hate to see this...

With Bill Belichick and the New England Patriots promoting Myles Bryant to the active roster, Loyola now moves past De La Salle, Serra, Taft, Grant and Folsom, into sole possession of 2nd place with most Active NFL Roster representatives. 

Long Beach Poly has 5 Active, Loyola has 4. 

66A78680-A7B0-473F-899A-D50130228455.jpeg

Yikes. Loyola and Poly need to get better coaches then. 

And yes, MD and Bosco will take over the top two spots soon enough.

On 9/9/2020 at 10:50 PM, 1901VeniceCub said:

Win League. Beat your Rival/s. Win a Section Championship. 

Until 2006 (with state bowl games), those were a traditional coach’s and/or program’s goals. Until Jason Negro and Bruce Rollinson started “whipping out a tape measure” this past decade, racking up National Championships were not too common west of Texas (for one reason or another).

The fact that some guy on a message board says “I attach a major asterisk to the LB Poly program” is nothing short of laughable. 

its a very long shot, and i mean a very long shot, the California public schools i feel that have a shot at a Natty in the current landscape, are Corona Centennial and Mission Viejo. It reminds me, some people say, good chance CC would have done it already if their Coach believed in kicking field goals, referring to their 2015 season.

• Like 1

On 9/17/2020 at 12:11 PM, MD87 said:

Yikes. Loyola and Poly need to get better coaches then. 

And yes, MD and Bosco will take over the top two spots soon enough.

Man, I knew you’d be coming right up behind my post. Funny how that works.

Loyola and Poly still produce some dudes, as the facts and figures from the NFL show. Can’t hate on that.

Anthony Barr (UCLA) was an absolute stud at Loyola (unfortunately broke his leg Game 1 senior year), David Long (Michigan) and Myles Bryant (Washington) led Loyola to a 9-3 record as seniors (Cal Hi Sports Top 15 Finish), and Coleman Shelton (Washington) was your traditional, big bruising Loyola Cub offensive lineman. 

I’m sure all of these young man from Loyola that have made it to The League (and there are plenty more coming up), certainly don’t question their decision to enroll at Loyola. These kids have matured into great young men and leaders for the their teams, their families and their communities. 

And, now the talented juniors and seniors at Loyola, under Drew Casani (1990 CIF Division I Player of the Year), will continue the Legacy of Excellence, becoming Men for Others. 

Just like the Loyola Cubs have always done, since 1865, as the oldest continuously run educational institution in Southern California. 

• Like 1

On 9/14/2020 at 6:08 PM, THEOC89 said:

I agree with you as far as the Tuition as there are no “Angel Boosters” handing out Scholarships.... All the schools play by the same rules as far as that goes with financial Aid and I believe all the students who apply are treated the same based on their need....

What is giving MD the Black Eye on this and the “IMG” feel is they keep bringing in these 1 semester players who transfer back after football season so they can graduate early and are just rented for the football season, that is not a real High School....

All you MD guys said that Rollo was against that and it wouldn’t happen again, Yet this year as soon as MD was Desperate for a QB, in comes Miller Moss for a 1 semester rental.... Forget the kids that were in the program....

I would be more apt to believe that all these schools help out with Housing and or Transportation, it’s hard to believe that families are just going to move hundreds of miles without any help on the housing front or commute an hour or more long rides without a Van Pool....

With Servite, SJB, etc you don’t hear about the 1 semester rentals like MD has done.... Maybe they are there and we don’t know it because Sondy of the Times just hates MD so much and seems to Luv SJB who can do no wrong In his eyes.... 🤣🤣

"Keep bringing in..."?  Dollars, Criddell and....?  There must be a long laundry list of names since they "keep bringing [them] in."  (And no, Moss doesn't count as there's no guarantee what he would have done had Covid not delayed the season.)

On 9/18/2020 at 8:10 PM, 1901VeniceCub said:

Man, I knew you’d be coming right up behind my post. Funny how that works.

Loyola and Poly still produce some dudes, as the facts and figures from the NFL show. Can’t hate on that.

Anthony Barr (UCLA) was an absolute stud at Loyola (unfortunately broke his leg Game 1 senior year), David Long (Michigan) and Myles Bryant (Washington) led Loyola to a 9-3 record as seniors (Cal Hi Sports Top 15 Finish), and Coleman Shelton (Washington) was your traditional, big bruising Loyola Cub offensive lineman. 

I’m sure all of these young man from Loyola that have made it to The League (and there are plenty more coming up), certainly don’t question their decision to enroll at Loyola. These kids have matured into great young men and leaders for the their teams, their families and their communities. 

And, now the talented juniors and seniors at Loyola, under Drew Casani (1990 CIF Division I Player of the Year), will continue the Legacy of Excellence, becoming Men for Others. 

Just like the Loyola Cubs have always done, since 1865, as the oldest continuously run educational institution in Southern California. 

Never questioned their talent or the quality of a Loyola education.  I questioned how the two schools with the most NFL players in CA didn't do a better job parlaying that talent into section and state titles.

18 hours ago, MD87 said:

"Keep bringing in..."?  Dollars, Criddell and....?  There must be a long laundry list of names since they "keep bringing [them] in."  (And no, Moss doesn't count as there's no guarantee what he would have done had Covid not delayed the season.)

"Rentals" or not there most definitely is a decent size list of transfers year in and year out for MD especially within the last 5 years or so. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, MD87 said:

There was a 3rd one, I think the name was Dixon and I think his school was Roosevelt, but I am not sure.... There was an article in the OC Register by Fryer documenting this...

And Yes, I hate to break it to you but Moss was a 1 semester Football Rental and would have Graduated early because he wanted to enroll at USC early and Rollo Agreed to allow him to do that to get him to MD....

He would have met the Religious studies requirement because he went to a Private Catholic school so who cares, But anyway you cut it, he was a 1 semester Football Rental.... So including the Prior 3 that is 4, 1 semester Football Rental’s in a 2 year period, 2018-2020....

Including all the other 1 year guys that have come in this all makes MD look More like IMG when in comes to football... MD is an outstanding Academic School, they have just sold their souls for Football just like they did for hoops ever since McKnight has been there.....

But again, who cares, as long as the Alumni are Happy and the School keeps turning out tremendous students, I have nothing against MD, They did what they needed to do to compete with SJB, Cen10, teams they could not beat in the playoffs, and DLS before they took the IMG route....

I just see them for what they are Football wise which is nothing different then IMG at this point.... 

• Thanks 1

Here is current Norte dame commit Rocco spindler on a visit to IMG that they paid for (kids from Michigan) and while he was there he was offered a scholarship. Yeah, MD and IMG are doing the same things. Sorry ass take. Again, find any kid posting a recruiting visit to MD or any kid that is bragging on social media about the scholarship MD just offered him. 

And PLEASE try and tell me Logan, Negro, Thomas etc wouldn’t have taken Miller moss. You guys are so funny 😂😂

C7722C57-7383-4B84-A3F0-F5AD94AE0FF3.png

7DA0E195-F763-44B7-AEBA-F2CCA1049089.png

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

Here is current Norte dame commit Rocco spindler on a visit to IMG that they paid for (kids from Michigan) and while he was there he was offered a scholarship. Yeah, MD and IMG are doing the same things. Sorry ass take. Grown men upset kids gravitate towards the top program. Again, find any kid posting a recruiting visit to MD or any kid that is bragging on social media about the scholarship MD just offered him. 

And PLEASE try and tell me Logan, Negro, Thomas etc wouldn’t have taken Miller moss. You guys are so funny 😂😂

C7722C57-7383-4B84-A3F0-F5AD94AE0FF3.png

7DA0E195-F763-44B7-AEBA-F2CCA1049089.png

So is he going there?

18 hours ago, THEOC89 said:

There was a 3rd one, I think the name was Dixon and I think his school was Roosevelt, but I am not sure.... There was an article in the OC Register by Fryer documenting this...

And Yes, I hate to break it to you but Moss was a 1 semester Football Rental and would have Graduated early because he wanted to enroll at USC early and Rollo Agreed to allow him to do that to get him to MD....

He would have met the Religious studies requirement because he went to a Private Catholic school so who cares, But anyway you cut it, he was a 1 semester Football Rental.... So including the Prior 3 that is 4, 1 semester Football Rental’s in a 2 year period, 2018-2020....

Including all the other 1 year guys that have come in this all makes MD look More like IMG when in comes to football... MD is an outstanding Academic School, they have just sold their souls for Football just like they did for hoops ever since McKnight has been there.....

But again, who cares, as long as the Alumni are Happy and the School keeps turning out tremendous students, I have nothing against MD, They did what they needed to do to compete with SJB, Cen10, teams they could not beat in the playoffs, and DLS before they took the IMG route....

I just see them for what they are Football wise which is nothing different then IMG at this point.... 

the name dixon reminds me, this public school in Orange County, CA, in the city of Orange, El Modena HS, they had a good, elite RB in the early 2000's named Daniel Dixon, he had over 2,000 yards rushing both his junior and senior year, but his height, size, at 5'8, had an effect in preventing him from playing D-1 college football, i also remember, someone i used to know who went to El Modena HS, he said the Coach there at the time, didn't make much effort to help get him noticed by colleges. But yes, he was a great talented RB.

El Modena HS in Orange, i believe thats the alma mater, where long-time MD QB coach, Offensive Coordinator, Dave Money, attended.

I believe its best to say, every youth, elementary, middle school star QB dreams of playing for MD, the QB legacy, lineage at MD, is unparalled compared to any other HS in the U.S.

• Like 1

On 9/20/2020 at 12:02 PM, MD87 said:

Never questioned their talent or the quality of a Loyola education.  I questioned how the two schools with the most NFL players in CA didn't do a better job parlaying that talent into section and state titles.

Yeah, man. One or two great players absolutely makes the entire team a sure bet to be state champs...unless you’re going up against a squad that is 2-3 deep with nationally recruited 4-5 star guys. Then you have virtually no chance.

Hopefully we get a season in this year. Loyola opens up vs latest So Cal all star team, St Bernard. They got guys flying in from the east coast, taking Trinity League guys, and recruiting the best Frosh QB to play at St Bernards. 

Manny Douglas and Brandon Manumaleuna doing their thing, again.

Should be fun to watch Loyola take their first crack at ‘em.

On 9/21/2020 at 12:53 PM, THEOC89 said:

Dixon?  The only Dixon transferred in the summer of 2019, and played and spent his ENTIRE junior year at MD.  He's still here now, and will graduate early and leave for Ann Arbor in January. 

So let's say you're right about Moss.  That's a whopping three guys.  What a scandal.

On 9/21/2020 at 12:43 PM, SoCalFball said:

"Rentals" or not there most definitely is a decent size list of transfers year in and year out for MD especially within the last 5 years or so. 

Ah, so now we're talking about transfers.  Yeah, ok.  I'm sorry you're so upset.  Go complain to Jason.

• Like 1