Some California news

Ararar

On 7/30/2020 at 7:42 AM, Bodysurf said:

Exactly. Nothing but click bait by Sondy. Moss didn’t ‘follow’ him anywhere because the coach was already at MD. If anything it would be ‘undue influence’ but absolutely no merit to say Moss followed him to MD. 

I don't care if he's right or not.  Sondy's a tool.

• Haha 3

On 8/22/2020 at 6:44 PM, HurricaneNick said:

Tmac who? The best ‘22 WR in the west is a Monarch! 

17AF1D09-09DE-4C98-8BF3-31A5E0120815.jpeg

BE23A8B1-7383-4E65-95D2-0627308D5BB2.jpeg
4 out of the top 7 in the class of ‘22 + loaded ‘23 & ‘24 classes the future is bright 

Facts.  DJack ranked higher than TMac, too.  Glad to see that's been corrected.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

MD should have the top 3 players in the state. All three should be 5 stars too.  #1 Rb in the country below tmac is silly. 

I probably say it too much, but I don't think ppl are really ready for a Raleek Brown at MD.  MD has never had a RB anywhere close to this good, and yet they still bring home 2 of the last 3 natties.  Shakobe was the ultimate over-achiever and Marceese is solid, but with a kid of that caliber complemented by Kyron and CJ et al?  Bosco better get ready to hand back that trophy.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

Aren't they basically required to say that though? Otherwise it sounds pretty suspicious. 

No. MD has much more to offer than football & families know that. The academics, facilities, and connections alone are going to be so much better than what he would’ve gotten at Stockton Edison, the football program and balling in the best league in the nation is a bonus. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

No. MD has much more to offer than football & families know that. The academics

According to Niche, Mater Dei ranks 36th in California for “Best Catholic High Schools”. That is good enough for 5th place in the Trinity League. Not exactly the “Harvard of Orange County”. But, of course, the only school ranked lower is Servite. Which, I am sure is just alright for Monarch fans. 

Link: https://www.niche.com/k12/search/best-catholic-high-schools/s/california/?page=2

• Haha 2

School rankings are influenced most by average standardized test scores. A much larger private school like MD has a broader range of students and corresponding programs offered to them. MD also offers a program for international students. Somebody can take all college level classes while another student can matriculate towards a career in vocational services. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

School rankings are influenced most by average standardized test scores. A much larger private school like MD has a broader range of students and corresponding programs offered to them. MD also offers a program for international students. Somebody can take all college level classes while another student can matriculate towards a career in vocational services. 

Rosary enrollment - 393

SMCHS - 1,641 

JSerra - 1,250

Bosco - 850 

Servite - 905 

MD - 2,150

Our average ACT (What these rankings are based off)  is two points lower than the top school in OC (SM) with 500 more students. 

8 hours ago, 1901VeniceCub said:

According to Niche, Mater Dei ranks 36th in California for “Best Catholic High Schools”. That is good enough for 5th place in the Trinity League. Not exactly the “Harvard of Orange County”. But, of course, the only school ranked lower is Servite. Which, I am sure is just alright for Monarch fans. 

Link: https://www.niche.com/k12/search/best-catholic-high-schools/s/california/?page=2

Never claimed to be the top academic catholic school or Harvard, but my point was that the education here is better than what he would get at a public school in south Stockton. We’re doing just fine academically lol but I appreciate the attempted knock.

• Like 2

On 8/26/2020 at 10:15 AM, HurricaneNick said:

Rosary enrollment - 393

SMCHS - 1,641 

JSerra - 1,250

Bosco - 850 

Servite - 905 

MD - 2,150

Our average ACT (What these rankings are based off)  is two points lower than the top school in OC (SM) with 500 more students. 

Never claimed to be the top academic catholic school or Harvard, but my point was that the education here is better than what he would get at a public school in south Stockton. We’re doing just fine academically lol but I appreciate the attempted knock.

LIGHT years better.

• Like 1