High Risk /Low Risk Scheduling

Sammyswordsman

Three teams stand out for Risking everything with their choice of opponents in 2018.  All Three could have chosen the John Curtis/Folsom route and stormed to a 10-0 result and a lofty ranking, but instead chose to test their players and staffs vs the best.  Here is my take on the schedule strength of projected Top 50 teams for 2018.

Top 3 Risk takers

IMG

Mater Dei

St. Johns

Who would you also include for *honorable mention in this category? 

DLS stepped up the pre season schedule again in 2018. 

Bergen Catholic hitting the road again vs. a State #1 for the second consecutive season

Hoover playing 3 high profile OOS games

Which teams took the path of lease resistance in 2018?

SJB ?  No high profile OOS games, but will be tested in the Trinity League

STA?  Good opening game, then not so much

Allen?  Disgracefull non league opponents

UHIgh? Could have the talent to put them on the map in 2018, but no bueno opponents.  Don't talk to me about Uhigh with that schedule.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Three teams stand out for Risking everything with their choice of opponents in 2018.  All Three could have chosen the John Curtis/Folsom route and stormed to a 10-0 result and a lofty ranking, but instead chose to test their players and staffs vs the best.

Top 3 Risk takers

IMG

Mater Dei

St. Johns

Bergen Catholic hitting the road again vs. a State #1 for the second consecutive season

UHIgh? Could have the talent to put them on the map in 2018, but no bueno opponents.  Don't talk to me about Uhigh with that schedule.

All this talk about @RedZone s UHigh.   Lmao Cupcakes > Elite Schedule 

• Like 1

Neither Mater Dei nor IMG ought to be on your list

Risk taking?  Please

IMG is an academy team without academy oppOnenta — every game will be a huge talent mismatch..... risk-taking?  Not hardly

ditto Mater Dei, and even worse, they only schedule up with the GOAT — call them Folsom South 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Three teams stand out for Risking everything with their choice of opponents in 2018.  All Three could have chosen the John Curtis/Folsom route and stormed to a 10-0 result and a lofty ranking, but instead chose to test their players and staffs vs the best.

Top 3 Risk takers

IMG

Mater Dei

St. Johns

These three teams stand out as among the best at talent accumulation.  Therefore they should play the best schedules.  

I think you missed the mark on risk takers.  

Risk avoiders though, that’s a different story.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Top 3 Risk takers

IMG

Mater Dei

St. Johns

Oh, samuel. You just won't ever progress. Stuck in nobill813 mode forever.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Top 3 Risk takers

IMG

Mater Dei

St. Johns

Is this nationwide, or the mind of Sammy?

Asking for a friend I barely like.

Regards,

Certified Asshole

5 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Is this nationwide, or the mind of Sammy?

Asking for a friend I barely like.

Regards,

Certified Asshole

Easily the mind of Sammy... 

MD is not a risk taker... 

Lets not pretend like MD has always scheduled like this because it would be a lie to say they do... 

Once all that talent graduates or transfers out  MD will go back to playing La Mirada,Mayfair and San Clemente... and what other scrubs they can get... 

If MD truly wanted to be classed high risk or anything even close to it they would have scheduled BG long before now...   

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Lets not pretend like MD has always scheduled like this because it would be a lie to say they do... 

Once all that talent graduates or transfers out  MD will go back to playing La Mirada,Mayfair and San Clemente... and what other scrubs they can get... 

If MD truly wanted to be classed high risk or anything even close to it they would have scheduled BG long before now...   

Not a lot of BG chatter here lately, or rather NO chatter.  what's the word on the street with this years BG team?

There was a BG poster, I haven't seen anything.

Sincerely,

BufordGaWolves

30 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Not a lot of BG chatter here lately, or rather NO chatter.  what's the word on the street with this years BG team?

There was a BG poster, I haven't seen anything.

Sincerely,

BufordGaWolves

Official word from the BG posters is, "No talent and attempting to run the single wing offense this season."

Cutting through the spin and posturing... They are being sneaky. They see how MD is operating now so, they don't want anyone to know who transferred in at numerous positions because Eddy and Rollo will go out to SJB and Hawaii if need be to pull defensive players to match what offensive talent BG transferred in. 

It's an arms race and everyone else can only watch and hope they don't raid their pantry. 

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

Colquitt is traveling OOS to play Grayson.  And before you even start....have you ever been to Loganville?  Believe me...it's WAY OOS.

Take that...Fred.

Rufus>>

Well I will say that it does feel like I'm in a different place when I travel to Moutrie so there's that.  😎😁

• Haha 3

56 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Official word from the BG posters is, "No talent and attempting to run the single wing offense this season."

Cutting through the spin and posturing... They are being sneaky. They see how MD is operating now so, they don't want anyone to know who transferred in at numerous positions because Eddy and Rollo will go out to SJB and Hawaii if need be to pull defensive players to match what offensive talent BG transferred in. 

It's an arms race and everyone else can only watch and hope they don't raid their pantry. 

The Bishop is hurting BIG TIME from their loss to the Stache.  After 6 years of being "Kings of the West", being served Humble Pie in Santa Ana took a chunk of their MOJO.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Mater Dei has scheduled ELITE in 2017 and 2018.  Can't deny that fact.  Prior to that, they were not a Top 50 team, so who cares.

2 hours ago, Pops said:

Neither Mater Dei nor IMG ought to be on your list

Risk taking?  Please

IMG is an academy team without academy oppOnenta — every game will be a huge talent mismatch..... risk-taking?  Not hardly

ditto Mater Dei, and even worse, they only schedule up with the GOAT — call them Folsom South 

That was completely uncalled for.

4 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Mater Dei has scheduled ELITE in 2017 and 2018.  Can't deny that fact.  Prior to that, they were not a Top 50 team, so who cares.

So your once in a generation team wasn't elite in 2016?

That's news to me since that's what you were saying at the time.

Gotta love the revisionist history.

They scheduled "elite" by playing Bishop Gorman after 2016 and playing Bergen Catholic?

And both at home?

1 minute ago, Goldmember said:

So your once in a generation team wasn't elite in 2016?

That's news to me since that's what you were saying at the time.

Gotta love the revisionist history.

They scheduled "elite" by playing Bishop Gorman after 2016 and playing Bergen Catholic?

And both at home?

Correct me if I am mistaken, but I  don't recall The Stache was a preseason Top 50 team in 2016.

9 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Correct me if I am mistaken, but I  don't recall The Stache was a preseason Top 50 team in 2016.

You didn't say preseason top 50.

You said they weren't top 50.

But they were.

And scheduled nobody and took no risks.

Then when they returned their "once in a generation" team they took "risks" and scheduled "elite" by playing Gorman after their dynasty and playing an 8-3 Bergen Catholic.