What up Texas?

DevilDog

7 hours ago, Gametyme said:

They put Lufkin in the DFW district. McKinney North is 3hrs and 45 minutes Lancaster 3hrs, North Mesquite and West Mesquite 2hrs 54 minutes, Forney 2hrs 40 minutes. The UIL operates with half a brain.

They saw the opportunity to pair Longview and Lufkin in the same district and treated Lufkin like they were out in West Texas.

I doubt LP nation is amused in the slightest.

On 2/4/2022 at 2:21 AM, Frosty4024 said:

They saw the opportunity to pair Longview and Lufkin in the same district and treated Lufkin like they were out in West Texas.

I doubt LP nation is amused in the slightest.

I think your spot on with this. The Lufkin coaches don't seem to care. Sending us south to Houston has ways been a very easy drive. Getting in out the DFW from deep East Texas is a pain.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gametyme said:

In West Texas you almost can't avoid it. Lufkin sits just North of Houston about an 1 hr 45 minutes. Sending us to Dallas makes 0 sense. 

Only way to avoid it is private jets for these teams.  Maybe Nick can throw some of his "throw away" money to help with the costs.  What say you @HurricaneNick 

Playing zoned district schedule allows South Oak Cliff to challenge itself in non-district
The defending 5A Division II state champion will play Duncanville, Lancaster, DeSoto and Parish Episcopal

Playing zoned district schedule allows South Oak Cliff to challenge itself in non-district (dallasnews.com)

The UIL kept all 10 Dallas ISD Class 5A Division II teams together in District 6-5A for football. Had the district played a normal schedule, that would have meant only one nondistrict game for defending Class 5A Division II state champion South Oak Cliff.

Instead, SOC will start its season with perhaps the most challenging nondistrict schedule in the area, facing 6A Division I state runner-up Duncanville, a 10-2 Lancaster team, perennial 6A powerhouse DeSoto (11-3 last season) and defending TAPPS Division I state champion Parish Episcopal.

That schedule was made possible by the fact that South Oak Cliff’s district will play a zoned schedule, with four district games followed by two weeks of zone seeding games. SOC coach Jason Todd said that his team will share a zone with Adamson, Kimball, Samuell and Spruce, leaving Conrad, Hillcrest, Seagoville, Thomas Jefferson and Woodrow Wilson in the other zone.

“Rather than playing one non-district game, we get to load our schedule up in the beginning,” Todd said. “It gives these kids a lot to work for in the offseason.”

SOC originally had 10-time state champion Aledo on its non-district schedule, but they were replaced by DeSoto after Aledo was placed in a nine-team district.

“We are prepared to go out here and not just say we won the championship and then try to run and duck from people,” Todd said. “We want to go out here and test ourselves against the best.

“The goal is to be prepared for the playoffs. Winning in the regular season is good, but at the end of the day, we want to have success in the playoffs.”

Silvia Salinas, executive director of athletics for Dallas ISD, was asked if she likes the fact that all 10 DISD schools were kept together. It will mean that only four of them can make the playoffs.

“It’s more convenient,” Salinas said. “Some of [the coaches] like it, some of them don’t.”

• Like 1

Which Dallas-area football districts have the most top recruits after realignment?

District 8-6A, District 11-6A lead the way with a combined 12.

With the dust settled on 2022 UIL realignment, it’s time to start thinking about the on-field product.

Using The Dallas Morning News’ top 50 recruits list for the class of 2023 as a reference, here’s which Dallas-are districts have the most top prospects.

District 11-6A

Number of top 50 recruits: 7

It’s no surprise that the District of Doom is loaded with talent. DeSoto four-star wide receiver Johntay Cook II (No. 4) is the top prospect at his position in the Dallas area. Four-star Duncanville cornerback Deldrick Madison (No. 16) and Waxahachie three-star cornerback Calvin Simpson Hunt (No. 19, committed to Texas Tech) give the district two of the area’s top secondary players.

Mansfield has a pair of players ranked within the top 30: safety Brendan Jordan (No. 20) and defensive lineman Kaleb James (No. 28). South Grand Prairie running back AJ Newberry just made the cut at No. 50.

Duncanville wide receiver Lontrell Turner (No. 36) and Cedar Hill linebacker Kylan Salter (No. 40) round out the five.

District 8-6A

Number of top 50 recruits: 5

Arlington Martin boasts the Dallas area’s top-ranked cornerback recruit (five-star Javien Toviano, ranked third), as well as running back Sergio Snider, ranked 33rd.

Arlington Lamar four-star offensive lineman Isaiah Robinson (No. 13) is the top-ranked recruit at this position in the area. Arlington Sam Houston tight end Lafayette Kaiuway is ranked 27th in the area, and Arlington Bowie’s Kelby Valsin is ranked 39th.

District 5-6A

Number of top 50 recruits: 5

No team has more recruits in The News’ top 10 than Denton Guyer: Notre Dame safety pledge Peyton Bowen (No. 5), four-star safety Ryan Yaites (No. 7) and Oklahoma quarterback pledge Jackson Arnold (No. 9). Allen five-star defensive lineman David Hicks Jr. is the area’s second-ranked recruit, and Denton Braswell cornerback Dylan Smith is ranked 47th.

District 6-5A Div. II

Number of top 50 recruits: 4

When we say “District 6-5A Div. I,” we really just mean “South Oak Cliff.” The reigning 5A-II state champions have four recruits on The News’ top 50: four-star cornerback Malik Muhammad (No. 6), four-star cornerback Jayvon Thomas (No. 12), defensive end Billy Walton (No. 32) and offensive lineman Brione Brooks (No. 48).

District 7-5A Div. II

Number of top 50 recruits: 4

Plain and simple, this district has athletes. Crandall three-star wide receiver Samuel Osomigho (No. 24), Lovejoy wide receivers Jaxson Lavender (No. 31) and Kyle Parker (No. 44) as well as Melissa offensive lineman Trevor Goosby (No. 38) make District 7-5A Div. II one of th

• Like 1

THIS IS MEMBER-EXCLUSIVE CONTENT
HIGH SCHOOL SPORTS FOOTBALL

Notable non-district schedules and the toughest districts in the Dallas-Area

Allen, Denton Guyer, Lancaster, Cedar Hill and Highland Park face challenging schedules.

Notable non-district schedules
Allen
Allen went out of state to find its most challenging opponent of the season. Allen, winner of five state titles, will host St. John Bosco from California in Week 1. That’s a team that finished this past season ranked No. 6 in the nation by MaxPreps. The game will feature a pair of five-star defensive linemen in the Class of 2023 — David “DJ” Hicks Jr. of Allen and Matayo Uiagalelei of St. John Bosco. Allen’s other Non district games will be against Houston C.E. King and Arlington Martin (9-3 last season).

Denton Guyer
The Class 6A Division II state runner-up will open its season by playing Rockwall-Heath (11-2 last season), will follow that with a game against 10-time state champion Aledo and will then play perennial power Lancaster. Guyer’s Jackson Arnold, committed to Oklahoma, is rated the No. 1 quarterback in Texas in the Class of 2023. Guyer teammate Peyton Bowen, committed to Notre Dame, is rated as the state’s No. 1 safety in the same class. When Guyer and Aledo last played, Guyer won a thriller 60-57 in 2019 while amassing 651 yards of total offense. That was Aledo’s only loss that season, as it went on to win the second of three straight 5A Division II state championships.

Lancaster
Following a 10-2 season — its third straight season with at least nine wins — Lancaster will play Skyline, defending 5A Division II state champion South Oak Cliff and 6A Division I state runner-up Denton Guyer. That will get Lancaster ready to play in a district that includes 2018 state champion Longview, the team that knocked Lancaster out of the playoffs last season.

Cedar Hill
Three-time state champion Cedar Hill will open its season playing Rockwall, Arlington Martin and Southlake Carroll. Those three teams were a combined 32-7, with Carroll reaching the Class 6A Division I state semifinals. Cedar Hill is used to playing powerhouse programs in nondistrict, having faced five-time state champion Allen, 10-time state champion Aledo and two-time state champion Denton Guyer over the last three years.

Highland Park
As it moves up from 5A to 6A, six-time state champion Highland Park will jump right into 6A competition in nondistrict play, facing Flower Mound Marcus and Lewisville, which were a combined 19-5 last season. Highland Park had to drop nondistrict games against Prosper and Mesquite after being placed in a nine-team district. Even as a 5A program last year, Highland Park’s entire nondistrict schedule consisted of 6A programs — Southlake Carroll, Flower Mound, Coppell and Rockwall.

Tougher than the rest
District 11-6A
With Duncanville, DeSoto and Cedar Hill, a team from this district has played in a football state championship game in seven of the last 10 years. This district is also the toughest in the area for girls basketball, with defending Class 6A state champion DeSoto ranked No. 1 in the state, followed by No. 5 Cedar Hill and No. 8 Duncanville.

District 5-6A
This district had three teams — Denton Guyer, Allen and Prosper — play in a regional final last season. Guyer went on to finish as the Class 6A Division II state runner-up, falling just short of its third state title.

District 3-5A Division I
Six of the nine teams in this district made the playoffs last season. The headliners are obviously state-title contenders Aledo and Denton Ryan, but teams such as Azle, Justin Northwest and Fort Worth Brewer are good enough to win other districts.

• Like 1

UIL realignment notebook: Three potential new rivalries, the toughest region in Texas and more

Denton Ryan and Aledo, two of the state’s top 5A-I programs will reside in the same district for the next two seasons.

The UIL’s biennial realignment can sometimes tear apart long standing high school football rivalries.

It also has the power to create new ones, and the 2022 realignment cycle has paired up a few of the Dallas-area more successful teams.

Here’s a look at three potential rivalries that the next two seasons could forge.

Ennis and Mansfield Summit: In District 5-5A Div. II, an established power and a program on the rise will meet.

Ennis, a five-time state champion, and Mansfield Summit, a 5A-I state semifinalist each of the last two seasons, are grouped together. Arlington Seguin, Burleson, Corsican, Everyman, Joshua and Midlothian Heritage are also in the district.

Ennis, which hasn’t lost a district game since 2018, will now have a new challenger. Summit posted an 11-4 record last season at the 5A-I level and lost to eventual-champion College Station by just seven points in the state semifinals. It will need to replace its starting quarterback (David Hopkins), lead receiver (Kerya Powell) and top two running backs (Orlando Scales and Keon Hobbs) come the fall, though.

Denton Ryan and Aledo: Two of the state’s top 5A-I programs will reside in the same district.

That’s convenient.

Ryan, 5A-I state champions in 2020, and Aledo, a 10-time state champion, will both play in District 3-5A Div. I. Each of their regular season games for the next two years are already way-too-early contenders for the best game of the year. It’s not unlikely that the two could see each other in the postseason, too.

Both return top talent in 2022. Ryan has three of The Dallas Morning News’ top 50 recruits, including No. 1 Anthony Hill Jr., a five-star linebacker recruit. Aledo sophomore cornerback Jaden Allen is a Texas pledge.

Lovejoy and Melissa: The two rising programs will now share a district.

Lovejoy has played in back-to-back 5A-II regional finals, while Melissa — a 4A-I school last year — has won 11 games in consecutive years. Both will play in District 7-5A Div. II.

Lovejoy is returning plenty of talent, including two wide receivers ranked on The News’ top 50 recruits list for the class of 2023. Melissa offensive lineman Trevor Goosby, holds offers from TCU, SMU, UTSA and others.

Toughest region in the state?
After outscoring his district opponents by a combined 397-50 this past season, Lancaster football coach Leon Paul was hoping for a step up in competition in the UIL’s realignment that was announced Thursday.

Paul got what he wanted, especially in his region.

After he gets over the shock of being placed in a district with far-away Longview, Lufkin, Tyler and McKinney North, Paul will see that his region — Class 5A Division I Region II — is one of the toughest in the state. Lancaster, 10-2 a year ago, is joined by 2021 state semifinalist Crosby (moving up from 5A Division II), 2018 state champion Longview, 2019 state semifinalist Frisco Lone Star and two Frisco ISD schools — Frisco and Wakeland — that combined for 19 wins last season.

“In order to say that you’re the best team in the state of Texas, you have to beat the best teams in the state of Texas,” Paul said. “I wouldn’t want it any other way in the playoffs.”

While there are a handful of teams that have a legitimate chance to win that region, Class 5A Division I Region I is a little more clear cut, with it likely to come down to three teams. It will be a new-look region, as Denton Ryan, the 2020 5A Division I state champion, is now joined by a pair of powerhouses moving up from 5A Division II — 10-time state champion Aledo and 2021 state semifinalist Lubbock Cooper.

South Oak Cliff, after winning Dallas ISD’s first football state title since 1958, no longer has to share 5A Division II Region II with Aledo, the team that it beat in the third round of the playoffs last season. But it wouldn’t be surprising to see a rematch of last season’s regional final between SOC and Lovejoy.

Of course, two teams stand in the way of that rematch. Mansfield Summit is now in SOC’s region after back-to-back state semifinal appearances in 5A Division I, and five-time state champion Ennis is also in the region after an 11-1 season.

Argyle, the 2020 4A Division I state champion, could compete for the Region I title in its first year in 5A Division II. Its toughest competition could come from Colleyville Heritage and Grapevine, which were a combined 21-5 last season.

The next level
Welton Johnson was able to breathe a sigh of relief when Cedar Hill Newman was granted entry into the UIL earlier this year.

That moment of serenity lasted very, very shortly.

“OK, now I’ve got a million things to do,” Johnson, Cedar Hill Newman’s head coach said with a laugh.

After winning the Texas Christian Athletic Fellowship (TCAF) state title in 2019 and the Texas Christian Athletic League (TCAL) in 2021, Cedar Hill Newman will compete in the UIL starting in the fall of 2022.

And, on Thursday, it learned who its competition will be. Cedar Hill Newman will play in District 7-3A Div. II alongside Arlington Trinity Leadership, Blooming Grove, Mildred, Palmer, Rice and Scurry-Rosser.

Cedar Hill Newman had played almost-exclusively private schools in the past.

“The travel will be a little further than what we’re used to,” said Johnson, who joined the five-year old program as an assistant coach in 2017. “I think the hardest thing will be a lot of the unknowns. Since we’ve talked about making this move, I’ve kind of followed this particular district.”

Johnson said that Cedar Hill Newman had originally planned to apply for UIL membership two years ago, but later backed out. He said the program could have opted up to 3A Div. I, but chose Div. II so that its first two years in the UIL were spent playing schools closer to its size.

“I think that for our kids who want to play at the next level, the fact that we’re, I guess in a sense, legit now, from the standpoint of joining the UIL,” Johnson said. “And people knowing who we are and who we’re playing against, I think that’ll help us getting kids in school from a recruiting standpoint.

“For me, I think, that was probably one of the biggest things.”

16 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

UIL realignment notebook: Three potential new rivalries, the toughest region in Texas and more

Denton Ryan and Aledo, two of the state’s top 5A-I programs will reside in the same district for the next two seasons.

The UIL’s biennial realignment can sometimes tear apart long standing high school football rivalries.

It also has the power to create new ones, and the 2022 realignment cycle has paired up a few of the Dallas-area more successful teams.

Here’s a look at three potential rivalries that the next two seasons could forge.

Ennis and Mansfield Summit: In District 5-5A Div. II, an established power and a program on the rise will meet.

Ennis, a five-time state champion, and Mansfield Summit, a 5A-I state semifinalist each of the last two seasons, are grouped together. Arlington Seguin, Burleson, Corsican, Everyman, Joshua and Midlothian Heritage are also in the district.

Ennis, which hasn’t lost a district game since 2018, will now have a new challenger. Summit posted an 11-4 record last season at the 5A-I level and lost to eventual-champion College Station by just seven points in the state semifinals. It will need to replace its starting quarterback (David Hopkins), lead receiver (Kerya Powell) and top two running backs (Orlando Scales and Keon Hobbs) come the fall, though.

Denton Ryan and Aledo: Two of the state’s top 5A-I programs will reside in the same district.

That’s convenient.

Ryan, 5A-I state champions in 2020, and Aledo, a 10-time state champion, will both play in District 3-5A Div. I. Each of their regular season games for the next two years are already way-too-early contenders for the best game of the year. It’s not unlikely that the two could see each other in the postseason, too.

Both return top talent in 2022. Ryan has three of The Dallas Morning News’ top 50 recruits, including No. 1 Anthony Hill Jr., a five-star linebacker recruit. Aledo sophomore cornerback Jaden Allen is a Texas pledge.

Lovejoy and Melissa: The two rising programs will now share a district.

Lovejoy has played in back-to-back 5A-II regional finals, while Melissa — a 4A-I school last year — has won 11 games in consecutive years. Both will play in District 7-5A Div. II.

Lovejoy is returning plenty of talent, including two wide receivers ranked on The News’ top 50 recruits list for the class of 2023. Melissa offensive lineman Trevor Goosby, holds offers from TCU, SMU, UTSA and others.

Toughest region in the state?
After outscoring his district opponents by a combined 397-50 this past season, Lancaster football coach Leon Paul was hoping for a step up in competition in the UIL’s realignment that was announced Thursday.

Paul got what he wanted, especially in his region.

After he gets over the shock of being placed in a district with far-away Longview, Lufkin, Tyler and McKinney North, Paul will see that his region — Class 5A Division I Region II — is one of the toughest in the state. Lancaster, 10-2 a year ago, is joined by 2021 state semifinalist Crosby (moving up from 5A Division II), 2018 state champion Longview, 2019 state semifinalist Frisco Lone Star and two Frisco ISD schools — Frisco and Wakeland — that combined for 19 wins last season.

“In order to say that you’re the best team in the state of Texas, you have to beat the best teams in the state of Texas,” Paul said. “I wouldn’t want it any other way in the playoffs.”

While there are a handful of teams that have a legitimate chance to win that region, Class 5A Division I Region I is a little more clear cut, with it likely to come down to three teams. It will be a new-look region, as Denton Ryan, the 2020 5A Division I state champion, is now joined by a pair of powerhouses moving up from 5A Division II — 10-time state champion Aledo and 2021 state semifinalist Lubbock Cooper.

South Oak Cliff, after winning Dallas ISD’s first football state title since 1958, no longer has to share 5A Division II Region II with Aledo, the team that it beat in the third round of the playoffs last season. But it wouldn’t be surprising to see a rematch of last season’s regional final between SOC and Lovejoy.

Of course, two teams stand in the way of that rematch. Mansfield Summit is now in SOC’s region after back-to-back state semifinal appearances in 5A Division I, and five-time state champion Ennis is also in the region after an 11-1 season.

Argyle, the 2020 4A Division I state champion, could compete for the Region I title in its first year in 5A Division II. Its toughest competition could come from Colleyville Heritage and Grapevine, which were a combined 21-5 last season.

The next level
Welton Johnson was able to breathe a sigh of relief when Cedar Hill Newman was granted entry into the UIL earlier this year.

That moment of serenity lasted very, very shortly.

“OK, now I’ve got a million things to do,” Johnson, Cedar Hill Newman’s head coach said with a laugh.

After winning the Texas Christian Athletic Fellowship (TCAF) state title in 2019 and the Texas Christian Athletic League (TCAL) in 2021, Cedar Hill Newman will compete in the UIL starting in the fall of 2022.

And, on Thursday, it learned who its competition will be. Cedar Hill Newman will play in District 7-3A Div. II alongside Arlington Trinity Leadership, Blooming Grove, Mildred, Palmer, Rice and Scurry-Rosser.

Cedar Hill Newman had played almost-exclusively private schools in the past.

“The travel will be a little further than what we’re used to,” said Johnson, who joined the five-year old program as an assistant coach in 2017. “I think the hardest thing will be a lot of the unknowns. Since we’ve talked about making this move, I’ve kind of followed this particular district.”

Johnson said that Cedar Hill Newman had originally planned to apply for UIL membership two years ago, but later backed out. He said the program could have opted up to 3A Div. I, but chose Div. II so that its first two years in the UIL were spent playing schools closer to its size.

“I think that for our kids who want to play at the next level, the fact that we’re, I guess in a sense, legit now, from the standpoint of joining the UIL,” Johnson said. “And people knowing who we are and who we’re playing against, I think that’ll help us getting kids in school from a recruiting standpoint.

“For me, I think, that was probably one of the biggest things.”

Interesting I’ve never heard of cedar hill Newman 

9 hours ago, Horsefly said:

Interesting I’ve never heard of cedar hill Newman 

Me either.  Funny these teams keep popping up in Cedar Hill 😁.  The UIL wanted no part of T.C. Cedar Hill.  But Cedar Hill Newman who clearly is looking to recruit and dominate 3A are welcome with Open Arms.  WTF.  Dude actually said we picked 3AII for our size and to help recruiting.  WTF.  Gotta love the coach's honesty.  He now feels validated with UIL acceptance.  Texas should get ready I feel this will open up the Larger classes to accept the same.  3A has been accepting this in BBall and now old 3A new (4A) #1 Bball team is a private school. 

7 hours ago, DevilDog said:

Me either.  Funny these teams keep popping up in Cedar Hill 😁.  The UIL wanted no part of T.C. Cedar Hill.  But Cedar Hill Newman who clearly is looking to recruit and dominate 3A are welcome with Open Arms.  WTF.  Dude actually said we picked 3AII for our size and to help recruiting.  WTF.  Gotta love the coach's honesty.  He now feels validated with UIL acceptance.  Texas should get ready I feel this will open up the Larger classes to accept the same.  3A has been accepting this in BBall and now old 3A new (4A) #1 Bball team is a private school. 

Interesting name of the school.Has IMG made its way to Texas?

Newman International Academy

Warriors

On 1/25/2022 at 11:23 PM, DevilDog said:

UIL Boys HS Bball Rankings

UIL Boys Rankings – TABC HOOPS

Class 6A

1. Richardson (23-1)
2. Duncanville (21-1)
3. Westfield (20-1)
4. Austin Westlake (26-1)
5. FB Elkins (22-5)
6. Dickinson (24-3)
7. Denton Guyer (25-3)
8. Atascocita (23-5)
9. Lake Highlands (23-3)
10. Plano (25-0)
11. McKinney (23-4)
12. Cy Ranch (18-8)
13. Cy Falls (23-4)
14. Clear Brook (25-4)
15. Arlington Martin (19-6)
16. North Crowley (21-5)
17. Shadow Creek (18-2)
18. Pearland Dawson (16-6)
19. Seven Lakes (25-3)
20. Belton (23-4)
21. Harker Heights (24-4)
22. EP Americas (26-1)
23. South Grand Prairie (19-7)
24. SA Reagan (24-4)
25. Lake Travis (20-6)

Class 5A

1. Beaumont United (23-3)
2. Lancaster (18-9)
3. Dallas Kimball (17-6)
4. Mansfield Timberview (24-3)
5. Amarillo (21-6)
6. Crosby (12-10)
7. Frisco Memorial (22-3)
8. Katy Paetow (20-5)
9. Mansfield Summit (20-5)
10. Mansfield Legacy (19-6)
11. FB Marshall (20-2)
12. FB Hightower (19-8)
13. EP Chapin (21-4)
14. Highland Park (18-4)
15. Birdville (16-9)
16. Richland (18-5)
17. SA Jefferson (21-7)
18. Lovejoy (25-2)
19. Boerne Champion (22-5)
20. Red Oak (18-6)
21. Lufkin (20-2)
22. Kingwood Park (20-4)
23. Austin Anderson (20-8)
24. Rouse (19-8)
25. Pace (26-4)

Class 4A

1. Faith Family (22-4)
2. Silsbee (21-6)
3. Houston Washington (19-4)
4. Dallas Carter (20-7)
5. Van Alstyne (21-5)
6. Boerne (20-6)
7. Somerset (23-4)
8. Stafford (19-8)
9. Argyle (20-6)
10. Dallas Roosevelt (16-7)
11. Hardin Jefferson (19-4)
12. LaMarque (16-10)
13. Brazosport (13-12)
14. CC Miller (19-6)
15. La Vega (19-3)
16. Connally (19-3)
17. Canyon (18-5)
18. Hirschi (15-7)
19. Estacado (18-8)
20. Austin LBJ (15-7)
21. West Oso (22-5)
22. Pleasanton (18-6)
23. Paris (24-7)
24. Dunbar (11-14)
25. Bullard (19-3)

Idk. Just because I laughed for real at this, I thought you might appreciate it too...

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Idk. Just because I laughed for real at this, I thought you might appreciate it too...

Sweet Potato eating white boys.  That's hilarious.  Among African Americans whites eat Pumpkin PIE and we are all in on that Sweet Potato Pie.  That's what makes his comment funny.  They are eating our favorite desert Sweet Potato Pie.  Man that's classic.  I was talking to a white Gentlemen at my job today who went to North Texas and was a darn good footballer, He has an African American Girlfriend whose dad is from Daingerfield a small bEast Texas town that is known for talent.  We were discussing how in Texas the Fastest White Boys are in Texas because of the history of Track and Field in the old PVIL brought that smoke to the UIL.  @Texasball and I talk about those 4 fast white kids from Decatur back when I was running on the 4x100 and everybody was saying wait to you run against dem white boys from Decatur.  They were correct they smoked us and one went on to be a 200 Giant at TCU and I think a WR for the Oilers.  Good Stuff homie.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Horsefly said:

Funny as hell!  😂

yeah the myth that they can’t jump or run fast is a lie. 

For sure sir!  Just come to a Texas HS Track and Field meet.  That B.S. will be put to sleep quick.  I remember one year Celina had 3 white kids and 1 half Brother in 3A and they had like the 6th fastest 4x400 in the nation that year.  I watched them smoke plenty brothers with that group. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Ararar said:

Interesting name of the school.Has IMG made its way to Texas?

Newman International Academy

Warriors

Never heard of them till I read the DMN article.  Not IMG for sure.  But interested in what they could be.  Some pretty good 3A teams in the DFW. If they make the playoffs I would go check them out.  I hope they win every game by 30+ and then see what the UIL would do.  TAPPS nor UIL wanted anything to do with T. C. Cedar Hill. 

DeSoto’s June Villers to join National High School Athletic Coaches Association Hall of Fame
Former Southlake Carroll football coach Todd Dodge will also be inducted into Hall of Fame.

The Texas High School Coaches Association announced boys and girls coaches of the year for the first time Monday, and the winners were Austin Westlake’s Todd Dodge and DeSoto’s June Villers.

That wasn’t their highest honor.

Both will be inducted by the National High School Athletic Coaches Association as a National High School Hall of Fame Coach. The NHSACA will honor both coaches at the National Coaches Convention in Altoona, Iowa on June 21.

Last spring, Villers led the DeSoto girls track and field team to its fifth consecutive team state title, with DeSoto becoming the first girls team in the UIL’s largest classification to accomplish the feat. In her 14 seasons as DeSoto’s head coach, Villers has won eight team state championships and had three state runner-up finishes. DeSoto’s nine overall team state titles are tied with Skyline for second-most in UIL history behind Lancaster’s 13.

Villers, also the assistant athletic director at DeSoto, has built an incredible dynasty, and not just at the state level. DeSoto’s girls have won a district title every year since 2004, and they have won regional championships in 14 of the last 15 years.

Dodge retired after this past season, when Westlake won its third consecutive football state title by beating Denton Guyer 40-21 in the 6A Division II final. Dodge went 45-1 at Westlake the last three years and finished his career with seven state titles and a record of 236-72.

In a five-year span at Southlake Carroll from 2002 to 2006, Dodge had a record of 79-1, won four state titles and reached the state final all five years. He has been named a national coach of the year four times.

• Like 1