Bergen catholic vs STA to open season.

HSFBfan

I actually think that this will be a very good and competitive game. I understand that STA is very talented but BC will bring a lot of talent and maturity especially on the defensive side of the ball. This could be in my opinion the best and most balanced BC defensive unit in the last 25 years (including the Cushing years).

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Mickeybern said:

I actually think that this will be a very good and competitive game. I understand that STA is very talented but BC will bring a lot of talent and maturity especially on the defensive side of the ball. This could be in my opinion the best and most balanced BC defensive unit in the last 25 years (including the Cushing years).

Question at RB naturally with johnson and McKenzie but other than that yep they are going to be very balanced 

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

Question at RB naturally with johnson and McKenzie but other than that yep they are going to be very balanced 

i agree with the fact that it will be difficult replacing both starting and experienced RBs but with the line play I'm expecting I believe they will be fine with Rakeem Ross running the ball. 

1 hour ago, AztecPadre said:

Oh and God knows I will never share stories of my life when asked.  It's his first go to move with me.  I will play what the stereotypical brown person should be living like. lol

Smh. You still sore about that? 

When you try disparaging kids, that are coming from nothing, for the type of school they signed with while bragging around the site where you live and who your neighbors are etc.... Well what do you expect? 

Your go to move is to cut down Colquitt kids and where they signed. How many stayed in colleges and etc., for, well, ever since I've been around you. Yes sir. I got enough of that. 

I really don't give a shit where you live. What color you are or anything else about you. If you think downing those kids is funny I'm gonna swing. When you are living the high life and downing kids coming from virtually nothing... Well that's low hanging fruit dude. 

I know your claim is... "I was being real and not tryna be funny."  Bro... 4 or 5 years history already says totally the opposite. 

Keep playing the victim if you think that's the play here. Idc. 

If I literally have to stop posting as a member and just be the mod, so be it. It's looking like I can't have my own opinion and still enforce the site guidelines without that being a point of contention or angle that users try to work. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

When you try disparaging kids, that are coming from nothing, for the type of school they signed with while bragging around the site where you live and who your neighbors are etc.... Well what do you expect? 

Your go to move is to cut down Colquitt kids and where they signed. How many stayed in colleges and etc., for, well, ever since I've been around you. Yes sir. I got enough of that. 

I really don't give a shit where you live. What color you are or anything else about you. If you think downing those kids is funny I'm gonna swing. When you are living the high life and downing kids coming from virtually nothing... Well that's low hanging fruit dude. 

I know your claim is... "I was being real and not tryna be funny."  Bro... 4 or 5 years history already says totally the opposite. 

If I literally have to stop posting as a member and just be the mod, so be it. It's looking like I can't have my own opinion and still enforce the site guidelines without that being a point of contention or angle that users try to work. 

Putting down kids for going to college?  Actually, nevermind.  That's totally who I am and my character,  And to GSB and Buford who liked your post and must feel the same way then no worries.  Y'all are entitled.  I'm done trying to defend who I really am and what i am all about.  I know who I am and what's in my heart so the rest can think what they want.  Carry on. 

• Like 1

Just now, AztecPadre said:

Putting down kids for going to college?  Actually, nevermind.  That's totally who I am and my character,  And to GSB and Buford who liked your post and must feel the same way then no worries.  Y'all are entitled.  I'm done trying to defend who I really am and what i am all about.  I know who I am and what's in my heart so the rest can think what they want.  Carry on. 

It looks like you are wearing the shoes bro. You know what they say and all about "if the shoe fits"?

Personally, I like you. As far as I can tell, you are just having a good time. 

You certainly have a thing ever since the first time I ever posted anything about a Colquitt signing class where, it's all about "what the heck school is that?!" and that runs right in with other trolling on Colquitt or whatever. 

As a poster, I scoff at that bull.  Maybe you totally are not meaning to come across that way. Idk. I'm telling you now, that's the way you have come across. 

That's just the way I have seen it. I've not taken it serious and let it go and let it go and let it go ever since DJ's site. It's a thing like if you keep poking a guy in the chest over and over and over. You know he's a nice guy, so, you keep poking and he keeps grinning at you. You know what I'm saying? Eventually he grabs your finger and bends it back. 

I'm not apologizing for bending your finger back. You poked until I grabbed it. Your bad. 

4 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Rarely. Recent losses to Elder and GC have them very cautious at this point. In order to keep getting players, they're gonna have to step up soon. 

They'll always get players. Although they are a small school they somehow are able to fully cover more tuitions than I've seen any othe bnu team cover. Affordable comes before state chips for many.

3 hours ago, AztecPadre said:

I hope you are right, but knowing DLS does not bring in transfers like the STA's, MD's, IMG's, SFA's, SJB's and plenty more of the world.  I think their lines will be just too small on both sides.  As much as I would like to find a silver lining, it's just not happening.  No doubt DLS will fight till the end.  I expect no less from them, but there is only so much heart and hard work can do when facing all star teams. 

True. They’ll work hard. But I too am concerned along the offensive line size wise. They’ve got 3-4 solid lineman, but they’ll be needed more on the defensive line. That said, I predict this is the year the Spartans go to the air a lot more and become more of a pass-first offense. Coach A is high on Dorian (as I am), and they’re deep and talented at the skill positions. They’ll move the ball. They’re likely gonna have to play to those strengths to be successful against the good teams. Also remember that STA was shut out by Centennial last year. So There’s hope, I think. 🙏

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mickeybern said:

is that Ross ??

No, that's not Ross. He's concerned with the size of Ross so he'll be watching him closely to see how much he can take. The RB by committee will consist of the kid from maywood,  Ross, and Ryan Buttler. Things can certainly change but as of now that's what it's looking like.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

LOL.  Save it for the "Florida is trending down Excuse Thread" that someone will undoubtedly start.

That’s reserved for you pal. Teams that were ranked ahead of Bergen last year that Florida is playing, or could play. This is 12 teams, 13 games minimum against teams who finished ranked higher than Bergen last year 

Cedar Grove,GA (confirmed)

Zachary,LA (confirmed) 

Hoover,AL (possible in Freedom Bowl)

Lowndes,GA (confirmed)

Elder,OH (confirmed)

Pickerington Central,OH (possible in the Freedom Bowl)

Milton,GA (possible in the Freedom Bowl)

Gonzaga,DC (strong rumor)

St Frances (confirmed)

St Johns,DC (confirmed)

St Johns,DC (confirmed)

DeLaSalle,CA (confirmed)

St John Bosco,CA (strong rumor) 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

This thread got old quick...

You can't compete with that, Hawg. lol

22 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Rarely. Recent losses to Elder and GC have them very cautious at this point. In order to keep getting players, they're gonna have to step up soon. 

Different situation...

DP has to play the other 3 teams in its (White - "White" is just a designator here, no other significance!) division, and then  it chooses to play the 5 teams in the other (Red) division.  This gives them 8 games/year, and leaves them with only one open date.  Not a lot of opportunity for OOS games, especially if the open date is in the middle of the season!

OTOH the Red division teams have to play the other 4 teams in their division, and can choose to play teams in the other (White or other) divisions as they please.  Right now none of the Red division teams chooses to play all of the White division  teams.  (This can also be a result of the fact that at least 2 of the White division teams are big pussies and refuse to play the Red division teams.) This leaves them (more) open dates that they can fill with OOS games.

And so, it doesn't really look like DP is running away from OOS games...

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2