Mater Dei defeats SFA 34-18

ATLien12x

20 hours ago, The Guru said:

No.

St. Frances has been around for 100 years. They've helped kids in that community for a long time before they were ever competent in football.

The bigger question is if Poggi's $ would help more kids if solely applied to academics. Interesting debate.

First off, it's his loot to spend how he wants. Second, he has brought great exposure and interest to SFA. Third, the kids are working for it. Earning their keep through football and academics. Sowhiole I don't like the idea of a bought and paid for HS football team, in this situation it is helping a lot of kids.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rcmore said:

If he was doing it in the name of Jesus Christ, instead of the name of Biff Poggi, then it would eternally meaningful. If you do good deeds to bring attention to yourself, or for the glory in the sight of man, then it's all done in vain. 

If Jesus Christ was the most important thing in his life then he'd go into the priesthood.

• Haha 1

Thank you for the invite to come on and answer a few questions before practice.

Gawd what game.  That other team was gigantic.  It felt like the field was tilting to their side.  Coach Money's red bull kept sliding out of the booth.  Doggone it our kids played really well.  I was very proud of the bigs in the trenches.  They stood toe to toe with those 400# guys and didn't give an inch.  What else can I say about Bryce.  I love that kid.  I'd adopt him if his parents would let me.

We are looking forward to our trip to DC and will be seeing the sights.  Coach Negro told me the good hangouts.  Maybe I will see a few of you at one of those spots.

#gofox

#dillydilly

#Redfocus

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, The Stache said:

Thank you for the invite to come on and answer a few questions before practice.

Gawd what game.  That other team was gigantic.  It felt like the field was tilting to their side.  Coach Money's red bull kept sliding out of the booth.  Doggone it our kids played really well.  I was very proud of the bigs in the trenches.  They stood toe to toe with those 400# guys and didn't give an inch.  What else can I say about Bryce.  I love that kid.  I'd adopt him if his parents would let me.

We are looking forward to our trip to DC and will be seeing the sights.  Coach Negro told me the good hangouts.  Maybe I will see a few of you at one of those spots.

#gofox

#dillydilly

#Redfocus

Dear Coach,

it was great seeing you at the Mater Dei Ring of Honor event over the summer. That night meant a lot to my family! Thank you for being part of that night!

quick question: is Bryce that greatest QB is the history of Mater Dei football or is he the greatest QB in high school football history?

Respectfully yours in Christ,

Eddyr2 ‘01

1 hour ago, Eddyr2 said:

Dear Coach,

it was great seeing you at the Mater Dei Ring of Honor event over the summer. That night meant a lot to my family! Thank you for being part of that night!

quick question: is Bryce that greatest QB is the history of Mater Dei football or is he the greatest QB in high school football history?

Eddyr2 ‘01

Well you know Eddy first of all I want thank you for your continued support for our program.  It is very rewarding to see alumni come back around, especially successful ex players like yourself.  I've always said that it was you guys from the 90's that set the standard for all the teams that followed. 

As far as your question about our fine lineage (did I spell that right?  Coach Money always talks about lineage) at the Quarterback position.  We had a kid (Marinovich) back in the 80's that started for us as a freshman, and I was disappointed that he transferred out.  We were really high on that kid.   As far as Bryce, we've never had a Qb that could win games in so many ways, and on so many levels.  Some of our best results are not even in the playbook because Bryce made the whole thing up after the blocking broke down. 

On Friday the St. Francis coach told Bryce he was the best QB he ever saw.  I think he is a wise coach.

Hey be sure to come to the golf tourney, we are going  to raffle off the game ball.

#GoFox

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eddyr2 said:

Dear Coach,

Eddyr2 ‘01

Hey Eddy,

Are you just now coming around realizing that Bryce is a complete tier above Daniels ever was, and is one of the reasons I said last yr's MD at years end was better than 2017 MD . He a complete duel threat qb with a huge arm and a quick release.  I don't know about best qb ever, but he is one of the best in country this season . He even may only be second best in league behind DJ.   Season is just starting

On 9/18/2019 at 2:27 AM, CaliNorth said:

Hey Eddy,

Are you just now coming around realizing that Bryce is a complete tier above Daniels ever was, and is one of the reasons I said last yr's MD at years end was better than 2017 MD . He a complete duel threat qb with a huge arm and a quick release.  I don't know about best qb ever, but he is one of the best in country this season . He even may only be second best in league behind DJ.   Season is just starting

At this point BY is the best QB I have seen at MD. And I’ve seen every one going back to before Marinovich. If he gets another ring this year I don’t think there is any debate that he is the best ever at MD. As far as BY versus DJ, both are great. But in my opinion BY has that special ‘it’ factor that a player is just born with or not. And not many are. If a game was on the line there is no high school QB I would take over BY.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Eddyr2 said:

yeah...It's too early in the day for the MD kids...east coast time zone is going to reck them...they are going to miss dinner!!!

You need to read up on The Art of Sandbagging. Here, let me help.

I can easily see this being a trap game for Mater Dei. They're likely still riding the high of their complete destruction of SFA. It also doesn't help that they have to travel 3,000 miles and 3 time zones to face a hungry SJC team who feel like they have something to prove after losing to all three teams with a pulse that they've played this year. Mater Dei needs to be careful not to look passed SJC to their showdown with SJB on 10/25. I think Mater Dei has too big an edge in talent, scheme and coaching for them to lose, but I think it will be closer than most expect.

2 minutes ago, dntn31 said:

I can easily see this being a trap game for Mater Dei. They're likely still riding the high of their complete destruction of SFA. It also doesn't help that they have to travel 3,000 miles and 3 time zones to face a hungry SJC team who feel like they have something to prove after losing to all three teams with a pulse that they've played this year. Mater Dei needs to be careful not to look passed SJC to their showdown with SJB on 10/25. I think Mater Dei has too big an edge in talent, scheme and coaching for them to lose, but I think it will be closer than most expect.

i totally agree

Image result for i totally agree wink

On 9/17/2019 at 11:27 PM, CaliNorth said:

Hey Eddy,

I can't recall seeing a kid with such a quick release, strength and accuracy like I have with BY.  Just so fun to watch. Michael Vick in his prime.  Maybe better?