Bowl games

steeler01

Players sitting out really doesn't bother me. If you look at these bowl games in the context of they are just an extra game as a reward for a good season then really playing in them is for those who appreciate the "one last run" Most of the seniors on these teams will never play again so its an ice cream topper and reward for their football career so if a top player looking to the pro's doesn't want to play then fine another guy who really does will and will relish the opportunity to play and savor their last moments on the field. It's not as much of a business trip for the guys and more about fun and capping off a good or final season. It's all good

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

I think the collapse of the bowl games is right in line with the collapse of college football in general. The sport at this level is pretty well done now, actually. Allowing total free agency is a major factor in the sport's destruction, as is the NIL thing. The players, genuinely and from the bottom of their hearts, do not give one flying fuck about their school, teammates or coaches. The appropriate response is for universities to get out of big business sports all together, and for fans to stop spending money to watch/support. Stop "exploiting" players and start *ignoring* them.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, badrouter said:

I think the collapse of the bowl games is right in line with the collapse of college football in general. The sport at this level is pretty well done now, actually. Allowing total free agency is a major factor in the sport's destruction, as is the NIL thing. The players, genuinely and from the bottom of their hearts, do not give one flying fuck about their school, teammates or coaches. The appropriate response is for universities to get out of big business sports all together, and for fans to stop spending money to watch/support. Stop "exploiting" players and start *ignoring* them.

There hasn’t been one sign of drop off. I don’t see it. The stadiums will be packed and Everyone will tune into the national title just like they have since the invention of the TV. 

The 34 or however many bowls are just for college football junkies. Just exhibitions that fill up time to the real games. 

The transfer portal makes things fresh and exciting. Same way free agency in professional does. Just sit back and enjoy the ride.

• Thumbs Down 1

2 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

There hasn’t been one sign of drop off. I don’t see it. The stadiums will be packed and Everyone will tune into the national title just like they have since the invention of the TV. 

The 34 or however many bowls are just for college football junkies. Just exhibitions that fill up time to the real games. 

The transfer portal makes things fresh and exciting. Same way free agency in professional does. Just sit back and enjoy the ride.

If all college football is going to be is substandard pro football with bands, there's no point in watching. Might as well just watch the NFL, since it's the most coveted players from colleges while being no more selfish and money-oriented.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

25 minutes ago, badrouter said:

If all college football is going to be is substandard pro football with bands, there's no point in watching. Might as well just watch the NFL, since it's the most coveted players from colleges while being no more selfish and money-oriented.

I think you are reading way too much into it. Now keep quiet the game is on. Why don’t you go make me a sandwich. If you have pickles they have to be the Claussen ones. The original not the bread and butter. Thanks champ

• Haha 1

On 12/29/2021 at 12:34 AM, HurricaneNick said:

Saban said the significance of other bowl games would diminish as soon as the CFP was created. Now kids are sitting out of the Rose Bowl. Horrible. 

It has nothing to do with the CFP.

The money just gets bigger and bigger.

An injury can mean millions to a young man and his family - literally affecting generations to come.

Fortunately, the actual CFP games still carry a status that will keep kids playing.