Kansas City Royals screwed it for everyone

@Nolebull813 @HooverOutlaw @Frosty4024 @Fred @Cossacks @HurricaneNick @SeaShells21 @Champa @Horsefly @DevilDog @HawgGoneIt @FreeBird @steeler01 @CaliNorth @Ararar @JCGIII @golfaddict1

I had to tag all y'all because this situation is hilariously fucking stupid... 

So... 

Today Jackson County-Kansas City was voting on a New stadium proposed by the Chiefs and everyone is in agreement that it was needed/deserved.... 

Now surely this would have been a sure fire pass but it fell flat and got out voted No... 

But here's why.... 

The sneaky Kansas City Royals also wanted a new stadium and tied their proposal  to the Chiefs proposal... 

And literally the council Unanimously  shot it down solely because they didn't want the Royals to get a new stadium out of the deal... 

Also extra note: 

It wasn't a proposal for a shared stadium the Royals wanted their own new stadium. 

And one Twitter user put it best "The Royals have had 2 fucking winning seasons in 31 years and they suck... they single handedly got the fucking vote ruined" 

Now there are 3 cities interested in acquiring the Chiefs and giving them a new bigger stadium according to NBC Sports and ESPN. And the Chiefs are now putting relocation on the table... 

The Kansas City Royals just fucked the Chiefs and I can't stop laughing

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 6

Now from my understanding also is their was gonna be a slight tax increase to pay for the new stadiums and I watched something from someone who actually lives in the KC community... 

People where on edge but they where OK with it so long as it was for the Chiefs but when the Royals got mentioned people turned sour on it... 

2 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

@Nolebull813 @HooverOutlaw @Frosty4024 @Fred @Cossacks @HurricaneNick @SeaShells21 @Champa @Horsefly @DevilDog @HawgGoneIt @FreeBird @steeler01 @CaliNorth @Ararar @JCGIII @golfaddict1

So... 

Today Jackson County-Kansas City was voting on a New stadium proposed by the Chiefs and everyone is in agreement that it was needed/deserved.... 

Now surely this would have been a sure fire pass but it fell flat and got out voted No... 

But here's why.... 

The sneaky Kansas City Royals also wanted a new stadium and tied their proposal  to the Chiefs proposal... 

And literally the council Unanimously  shot it down solely because they didn't want the Royals to get a new stadium out of the deal... 

Also extra note: 

It wasn't a proposal for a shared stadium the Royals wanted their own new stadium. 

And one Twitter user put it best "The Royals have had 2 fucking winning seasons in 31 years and they suck... they single handedly got the fucking vote ruined" 

Now there are 3 cities interested in acquiring the Chiefs and giving them a new bigger stadium according to NBC Sports and ESPN. And the Chiefs are now putting relocation on the table... 

I actually skimmed over this the other day while Mass Effect 2 was kicking my ass lol.

Anyways...

Yeah because I can borderine guarantee that tax payers would end up paying for BOTH stadiums...which basically would double the amount of the taxes from what I understand.  I'd said Hell Naw too.

I can already tell you that San Antonio is a Hell No so you can scratch that off the list.  People actually think Jerry gonna allow that to fly while he breathing?  He didn't even want Houston back iirc.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Frosty4024 said:

I actually skimmed over this the other day while Mass Effect 2 was kicking my ass lol.

Anyways...

Yeah because I can borderine guarantee that tax payers would end up paying for BOTH stadiums...which basically would double the amount of the taxes from what I understand.  I'd said Hell Naw too.

I can already tell you that San Antonio is a Hell No so you can scratch that off the list.  People actually think Jerry gonna allow that to fly while he breathing?  He didn't even want Houston back iirc.

My Uncle said something similar to you  "it'll be a cold day in Hell before Jerry Jones allows an NFL team in San Antonio. I don't care if they try to go to the Boonies of Lubbock or El Paso Jerry Mofo Jones ain't gonna let no other team even think about settling in TX" 

5 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

The cities that have apparently expressed interest in working with the Chiefs are: 

Kansas City,KS 

Whichita,KS

Topeka,KS 

San Antonio and Austin,TX

And apparently there's been some chatter about Huntsville, AL

San Antonio/Austin is a huge (soon to be mega metro) area solid sports towns.  They’d do well with a professional sports team 

So... 

But here's why.... 

Also extra note: 

YOUR 2024 SAN DIEGO CHIEFS 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

They aren’t going anywhere. Name me a place in this country the owners would approve and be financially viable. The owners worth a buttload of money. Use some of that social media money his daughter makes to pay for it himself. I personally don’t approve of any public money being use to finance these BILLIONAIRES lifestyles.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

My Uncle said something similar to you  "it'll be a cold day in Hell before Jerry Jones allows an NFL team in San Antonio. I don't care if they try to go to the Boonies of Lubbock or El Paso Jerry Mofo Jones ain't gonna let no other team even think about settling in TX" 

He’ll have a dogfight on his hands. Those areas aren’t directly benefitting from the cowboys. As this point the hell with Jerry jones 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Norcalnut said:

They aren’t going anywhere. Name me a place in this country the owners would approve and be financially viable. The owners worth a buttload of money. Use some of that social media money his daughter makes to pay for it himself. I personally don’t approve of any public money being use to finance these BILLIONAIRES lifestyles.

I'd what their saying is true their either gonna pull some strings and the Chiefs will get a new stadium OR they will relocate before years end... 

Word on the street is quite a few cities have already reached out outside of the ones listed above... 

But Kansas City,KS is apparently willing and ready to take the Chiefs in tomorrow if need be... 

5 hours ago, Horsefly said:

He’ll have a dogfight on his hands. Those areas aren’t directly benefitting from the cowboys. As this point the hell with Jerry jones 

Hell Yeah Austin would be perfect.  One of the fastest growing cities.  It is now the 10th largest.  4 of the top 10 cities are in Texas. SA/Austin  are 2 of them and would support the hell out of an NFL team and wouldn't give a damn about Jerry.  I read that Jerry's Cowboys generate 77 Million dollars at each home game and that's why the Cowboys don't wanna play any International games except in Mexico where there are more Cowboys fans. I got a feeling K.C. will fulfill the Chiefs needs and say Fook da Royals 😊

• Like 2

The Cheifs used to be the Dallas Texans in the old AFL.  Lamar Hunt was an oil Rich Dallasite.  Legend has it that when the Cowboys joined the NFL Lamar Hunt and Tex Scramm met in a Hotel and flipped a coin to decide which team would leave. Not sure if that was real Shortly after The Chiefs won the Superbowl and was very successful while the Cowboys struggled to win a Championship. And the old Timers said the wrong team Left.  Hell now the New Timers feel the same 😁

The real story:

Despite the team’s success, the Dallas market was not able to sustain two football franchises (the other being the NFL’s Dallas Cowboys). Hunt decided to relocate the Texans to Kansas City in 1963.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DevilDog said:

Hell Yeah Austin would be perfect.  One of the fastest growing cities.  It is now the 10th largest.  4 of the top 10 cities are in Texas. SA/Austin  are 2 of them and would support the hell out of an NFL team and wouldn't give a damn about Jerry.  I read that Jerry's Cowboys generate 77 Million dollars at each home game and that's why the Cowboys don't wanna play any International games except in Mexico where there are more Cowboys fans. I got a feeling K.C. will fulfill the Chiefs needs and say Fook da Royals 😊

Now KC aside NFL expansion  has been a hot topic recently and 5-6 cities that have popped up are: 

San Antonio,TX (Personally I feel it will eventually happen in the not so distant future as apparently the owners are talking expansion pretty frequently)  San Antonio is a big money market. Now one reason they are saying Austin may be a little difficult is "Longhorn Money" whatever that means... 

Orlando,FL-Obvious problem here is it's way too close to Tampa Bay's Market and would cause some conflict of interest.... 

Birmingham, AL

Austin,TX 

El Paso,TX 

• Like 1

Now KC aside NFL expansion  has been a hot topic recently and 5-6 cities that have popped up are: 

San Antonio,TX (Personally I feel it will eventually happen in the not so distant future as apparently the owners are talking expansion pretty frequently)  San Antonio is a big money market. Now one reason they are saying Austin may be a little difficult is "Longhorn Money" whatever that means... 

Orlando,FL-Obvious problem here is it's way too close to Tampa Bay's Market and would cause some conflict of interest.... 

Birmingham, AL

Austin,TX 

El Paso,TX 

Longhorn money? I don’t get that either.  College support for UT shouldnt impact the nfl. 

6 hours ago, DevilDog said:

The Cheifs used to be the Dallas Texans in the old AFL.  Lamar Hunt was an oil Rich Dallasite.  Legend has it that when the Cowboys joined the NFL Lamar Hunt and Tex Scramm met in a Hotel and flipped a coin to decide which team would leave. Not sure if that was real Shortly after The Chiefs won the Superbowl and was very successful while the Cowboys struggled to win a Championship. And the old Timers said the wrong team Left.  Hell now the New Timers feel the same 😁

The real story:

Despite the team’s success, the Dallas market was not able to sustain two football franchises (the other being the NFL’s Dallas Cowboys). Hunt decided to relocate the Texans to Kansas City in 1963.

True! 😂

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Frosty4024 said:

Jerry says No.

The hell with Jerry.lol  He can place his vote along with the other owners, only need 3/4th. 

Even the mayor of Dallas said they can support a second team and wants the chiefs!  😂

• Like 3