Kansas City Royals screwed it for everyone

2 hours ago, Horsefly said:

Longhorn money? I don’t get that either.  College support for UT shouldnt impact the nfl. 

I guess they mean the Longhorn boosters wouldn't  Like it or would be against it... 

I know one of the reasons they say it's been difficult for an NFL team to be considered for Alabama is because of the Crimson Tide boosters. 

Basically they think that it'll interfere with the money flow for the college activities ... 

Which in the case of Alabama I kinda get that because it's a much smaller market 

But Austin,TX as a city alone has a bigger population than the entire state of Alabama... 

An NFL team wouldn't hurt them or UT's monet flow... 

• Like 3

Every state should have an Art Modell law.  If you want to move the team you have to offer it for sale to local ownership first.  This is the law that allowed Jimmy Haslam to buy the Columbus Crew when the they were going to move to Austin.

On 4/3/2024 at 12:27 PM, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

@Nolebull813 @HooverOutlaw @Frosty4024 @Fred @Cossacks @HurricaneNick @SeaShells21 @Champa @Horsefly @DevilDog @HawgGoneIt @FreeBird @steeler01 @CaliNorth @Ararar @JCGIII @golfaddict1

I had to tag all y'all because this situation is hilariously fucking stupid... 

So... 

Today Jackson County-Kansas City was voting on a New stadium proposed by the Chiefs and everyone is in agreement that it was needed/deserved.... 

Now surely this would have been a sure fire pass but it fell flat and got out voted No... 

But here's why.... 

The sneaky Kansas City Royals also wanted a new stadium and tied their proposal  to the Chiefs proposal... 

And literally the council Unanimously  shot it down solely because they didn't want the Royals to get a new stadium out of the deal... 

Also extra note: 

It wasn't a proposal for a shared stadium the Royals wanted their own new stadium. 

And one Twitter user put it best "The Royals have had 2 fucking winning seasons in 31 years and they suck... they single handedly got the fucking vote ruined" 

Now there are 3 cities interested in acquiring the Chiefs and giving them a new bigger stadium according to NBC Sports and ESPN. And the Chiefs are now putting relocation on the table... 

The Kansas City Royals just fucked the Chiefs and I can't stop laughing

Thanks for the info.  

Just heard while watching the Mets game, that the A’s will play in Sacramento until the LV stadium is completed (25-27 seasons).

I mean I get some states as a whole aren't big enough for all that example: New Hampshire and Vermont....  so I'd excuse them... 

And some states don't have the population: i.e West Virginia,Wyoming and Maine... 

But man you Can't tell me that OKC couldn't support an NFL and MLB team: 

Oklahoma City Outlaws-MLB-build them a stadium  in Norman. 

Oklahoma City Oilers for the NFL 

On 4/4/2024 at 1:59 AM, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Now KC aside NFL expansion  has been a hot topic recently and 5-6 cities that have popped up are: 

San Antonio,TX (Personally I feel it will eventually happen in the not so distant future as apparently the owners are talking expansion pretty frequently)  San Antonio is a big money market. Now one reason they are saying Austin may be a little difficult is "Longhorn Money" whatever that means... 

Orlando,FL-Obvious problem here is it's way too close to Tampa Bay's Market and would cause some conflict of interest.... 

Birmingham, AL

Austin,TX 

El Paso,TX 

Talk about a small market team in Birmingham!  I don't know enough about El Paso other than it is a long way away from Dallas and Houston.  Is there enough population around there?

14 minutes ago, Fred said:

Talk about a small market team in Birmingham!  I don't know enough about El Paso other than it is a long way away from Dallas and Houston.  Is there enough population around there?

6th largest city in Texas.  22nd largest in the U.S.  Roughly equal to Boston in  population.  Over 670K.  That's city not Metro Areas.  Which is more important (Metro).  Both Atlanta and Miami are small around 500K+ plus but over 5.6mil with metro areas.  Jacksonville is Florida's biggest city in land and population.  Metro El Paso approach. 1.1 million

1 hour ago, Fred said:

1 hour ago, DevilDog said:

6th largest city in Texas.  22nd largest in the U.S.  Roughly equal to Boston in  population.  Over 670K.  That's city not Metro Areas.  Which is more important (Metro).  Both Atlanta and Miami are small around 500K+ plus but over 5.6mil with metro areas.  Jacksonville is Florida's biggest city in land and population.  Metro El Paso approach. 1.1 million

Atlanta Metro now surpasses Miami,FL and the City proper of Atlanta surpasses Miami Proper... which Atlanta proper has always been bigger than Miami proper population wise since the 1930s... but Miami metro was once larger. 

But now Atlanta proper is around 527K Miami proper is 480K 

Now the Atlanta Metro population exceeds Miami's now by nearly 1 million... 

Now El Paso as a market could be sustainable in a rare way because it would have the market of Mexico,Albuquerque  and Las Cruces... 

It would be a fairly decent size market

22 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Atlanta Metro now surpasses Miami,FL and the City proper of Atlanta surpasses Miami Proper... which Atlanta proper has always been bigger than Miami proper population wise since the 1930s... but Miami metro was once larger. 

Now El Paso as a market could be sustainable in a rare way because it would have the market of Mexico,Albuquerque  and Las Cruces... 

Market size only makes up part of the equation, racial demographics is another big part. El Paso’s Hispanic population is way to large to sustain a NFL team (just look at the ranking of the top El Paso HS football teams compared to the rest of Texas). The interest just is not there to make it financially sustainable plus the Cowboys have way to many Texas fans who will stick around that shit show no matter what. San Antonio has the same problem, just not as bad.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

El Paso MSA is only 1.1mil only about a 400k bump over El Paso Prooer.  Hell Buffalo and Green Bay are small market teams.  Here is an example of why rather Royals should STFU.

Along with Buffalo and Green Bay, little Jacksonville (41st) and New Orleans (51st) are much smaller than any MLB team’s media market, at least until Las Vegas (40th) receives the current Oakland A’s.

More to the point, several of the NFL’s smaller-market franchises have become steady winners that drive national TV ratings, a pair of traits seldom displayed by MLB’s smaller-market clubs the past few decades.

45 minutes ago, Norcalnut said:

Market size only makes up part of the equation, racial demographics is another big part. El Paso’s Hispanic population is way to large to sustain a NFL team (just look at the ranking of the top El Paso HS football teams compared to the rest of Texas). The interest just is not there to make it financially sustainable plus the Cowboys have way to many Texas fans who will stick around that shit show no matter what. San Antonio has the same problem, just not as bad.

I agree El Paso will never be an option in Texas for a professional franchise unless some Soccer group comes along.  It does have a large Military foot print but that hurt the Chargers for years in San Diego.   Cali, TX and FL should all have at Least 3 - 4 NFL/MLB teams and 3- 4 NBA/NHL teams.  

The Cities of NY and Chicago should have a minimum of 2 each.  That will sustain any league due to Market share of the big media Markets.  There's a reason Behind.  Lakers, Cowboys, Yankees and the Celts, Red Sox and Patriots have all the NE States.  You usually see multiple sports Champs in these States and unique cities.  And for the most parts where dynasties reside.  There is the occasional one offs.  

On 4/3/2024 at 11:27 AM, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

@Nolebull813 @HooverOutlaw @Frosty4024 @Fred @Cossacks @HurricaneNick @SeaShells21 @Champa @Horsefly @DevilDog @HawgGoneIt @FreeBird @steeler01 @CaliNorth @Ararar @JCGIII @golfaddict1

I had to tag all y'all because this situation is hilariously fucking stupid... 

So... 

Today Jackson County-Kansas City was voting on a New stadium proposed by the Chiefs and everyone is in agreement that it was needed/deserved.... 

Now surely this would have been a sure fire pass but it fell flat and got out voted No... 

But here's why.... 

The sneaky Kansas City Royals also wanted a new stadium and tied their proposal  to the Chiefs proposal... 

And literally the council Unanimously  shot it down solely because they didn't want the Royals to get a new stadium out of the deal... 

Also extra note: 

It wasn't a proposal for a shared stadium the Royals wanted their own new stadium. 

And one Twitter user put it best "The Royals have had 2 fucking winning seasons in 31 years and they suck... they single handedly got the fucking vote ruined" 

Now there are 3 cities interested in acquiring the Chiefs and giving them a new bigger stadium according to NBC Sports and ESPN. And the Chiefs are now putting relocation on the table... 

The Kansas City Royals just fucked the Chiefs and I can't stop laughing

I agree that the Royals don’t really need a new stadium unless theirs is old and falling apart;

Also, I feel like somehow this will all just be Taylor Swift’s fault.

On 4/3/2024 at 1:44 PM, Frosty4024 said:

I actually skimmed over this the other day while Mass Effect 2 was kicking my ass lol.

Anyways...

Yeah because I can borderine guarantee that tax payers would end up paying for BOTH stadiums...which basically would double the amount of the taxes from what I understand.  I'd said Hell Naw too.

I can already tell you that San Antonio is a Hell No so you can scratch that off the list.  People actually think Jerry gonna allow that to fly while he breathing?  He didn't even want Houston back iirc.

Wasn’t there talk about the Raiders possibly trying to go to San Antonio a few years ago at one point too when they were searching for a new location?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Yes they wanted them bad... 

But I'm NGL... 

Vegas got a little more money than Ole Sandy Andy... 

and more appeal. Don’t get me wrong, San Antonio is nice but it seems more like an area for retirement than the local hotspot.

• Like 1

Honestly San Antonio is one of the few major market cities without enough pro sports teams.... 

They have the Spurs (LOL) and that's it... 

Crazy part is without a demographic breakdown every Major Large city in TX could probably support atleast 1 or 2 Major sports teams.... 

Even Lubbock and Amarillo despite being in the middle of nowhere are pushing 255K+ EACH... which is larger than Green Bay,WI... 

But like NorcalNut and DevilDog said Racial/Demographics plays a role in this case.... 

Like they said with El Paso... it's mostly Hispanic and not to say there are no Hispanic fans of American Football because I'm friends with some.... 

But would it be enough to sustain a pro team..? 

I feel like Baseball and Basketball might do ok In  Lubbock because both those sports are popular in those areas. 

Lubbock loves Basketball 

2 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Honestly San Antonio is one of the few major market cities without enough pro sports teams.... 

Crazy part is without a demographic breakdown every Major Large city in TX could probably support atleast 1 or 2 Major sports teams.... 

Even Lubbock and Amarillo despite being in the middle of nowhere are pushing 255K+ EACH... which is larger than Green Bay,WI... 

But like NorcalNut and DevilDog said Racial/Demographics plays a role in this case.... 

Like they said with El Paso... it's mostly Hispanic and not to say there are no Hispanic fans of American Football because I'm friends with some.... 

I feel like Baseball and Basketball might do ok In  Lubbock because both those sports are popular in those areas. 

Lubbock loves Basketball 

And throwing tortillas during football games 👌

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Lubbock loves Basketball 

1 hour ago, DevilDog said:

And throwing tortillas during football games 👌

If the snack bar has a pot of beans going then your set.

• Haha 2