Calpreps has officially "jumped the shark."

Las Vegas_JC

Dls is rated as the #19 team in the country today. 

And Gorman is rated as the #46 team in the country today. 

And it's PAM feature suggests that Dls would win 31-24 over Gorman. 

It is the first week of November and Calpreps is still garbage. 

It seriously needs to be thrown out of any compilation poll.

And to be dismissed by everyone. It is a failed program. Remember the phrase "garbage in garbage out?

7 minutes ago, Las Vegas_JC said:

And it's PAM feature suggests that Dls would win 31-24 over Gorman. 

It is the first week of November and Calpreps is still garbage. 

It seriously needs to be thrown out of any compilation poll.

And to be dismissed by everyone. It is a failed program. Remember the phrase "garbage in garbage out?

@dntn31

@whiteshoes

@Omaha Vol

4 minutes ago, Las Vegas_JC said:

I don’t think many people buy that DLS would be that far ahead of BG. I for one think BG is much better than 46.

But, given all the other inconsistencies in that poll, you once again frame your displeasure using DLS as the example.

What is up between you and DLS/CA?  Until you can come clean about that, I can’t take you seriously.

• Like 3

The main problem with Calpreps is that too many people look at it on the micro level. It's an algorithm that attempts to rank all 15,000+ HS football teams. At a macro level, I'd say it does a pretty good job of this. When you're talking about 10s of places out of 15,000 that is really starting to split hairs. 

• Like 5

46 minutes ago, dntn31 said:

The main problem with Calpreps is that too many people look at it on the micro level. It's an algorithm that attempts to rank all 15,000+ HS football teams. At a macro level, I'd say it does a pretty good job of this. When you're talking about 10s of places out of 15,000 that is really starting to split hairs. 

But algos still suck...

1 hour ago, On2whls said:

I don’t think many people buy that DLS would be that far ahead of BG. I for one think BG is much better than 46.

But, given all the other inconsistencies in that poll, you once again frame your displeasure using DLS as the example.

What is up between you and DLS/CA?  Until you can come clean about that, I can’t take you seriously.

What you should take seriously is that BG is a better team than DLS, as proven by the on field ass whooping that was administered.  Considering he is a Vegas guy, easy to see why he would pick this example.  No need to deflect from the point at hand.

• Thanks 3
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, NYHSFAN33 said:

What you should take seriously is that BG is a better team than DLS, as proven by the on field ass whooping that was administered.  Considering he is a Vegas guy, easy to see why he would pick this example.  No need to deflect from the point at hand.

I’m not disagreeing with that at all. I’n fact, I haven’t disputed BG’s MNC’s or final season ratings once.  But if you know his posting history he lashes out at DLS a lot, and then after MD beat BG, they too became his target.  

And yes, I agree 100% that Cal Preps has some serious flaws, as does the USA Today computer rankings.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, On2whls said:

+100

there is huge penis envy in LV

As to the OP, DLS is ranked where they are supposed to be (and are by other humans — in tact, until now DLS has been higher in human polls all year (to your point on “why DLS”)

i think BG is better than 46 in the country but they play 4 teams all year that could beat Tift and we’re done with those games in December 

CP will underrate a good team that plays a bunch of zeroes (see Curtis ‘12 outside too 150)

15 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

I don't see any problem with it. We all know DLS improves as the year goes on

Exactly.

Plust CP is taking into account the fact that K Robinson (DLS's best offensive player) wouldn't likely leave the game in the 2Q in the rematch like he did when they played in September. 

So 31-24 sounds reasonable. 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Pops said:

+100

there is huge penis envy in LV

As to the OP, DLS is ranked where they are supposed to be (and are by other humans — in tact, until now DLS has been higher in human polls all year (to your point on “why DLS”)

i think BG is better than 46 in the country but they play 4 teams all year that could beat Tift and we’re done with those games in December 

CP will underrate a good team that plays a bunch of zeroes (see Curtis ‘12 outside too 150)

Gorman has accomplished more in the past five years than Dls has in the past 25 years combined. 

Wait a minute why do you care so much about a weak region like Northern California? You live in Texas for fux sake. No matter which region of Texas that you currently live in the quality of football in Texas is 10 times better than NorCal. Go enjoy a game in Texas and give us an evaluation of the teams that you live by. 

You are quite bizarre!

2 hours ago, old_e said:

Do they really 🤔🤔 or is it the lack of competition in Nevada?

Let's be realistic. There are about 50 teams in the US which on an annual basis are willing to brawl with the best teams from their respective regions. Let's call them Super teams. Gorman is one of those Super teams. SJB is another, STA usually is in that category. And there are several other teams like that in the various regions. 

The majority of the other 15,000 schools are just filled with kids who love the game and want to have a fun time playing football on Fridays. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, dntn31 said:

I agree that an algorithm which is programmed correctly can give a good estimation where teams are rated at a state level. Calpreps fails miserably at the national level. 

I also believe that Ned has "his thumb on the scales" in this program. California teams are grossly overrated in general at Calpreps. 

You might want to consider dropping Calpreps and inserting PrepForce in the compilation poll. 

22 hours ago, Eddyr2 said:

But algos still suck...

You mean, versus the ONE MAN BAND at USAT, who heard that Team A was really good, cause they're 10-0! He don't have a CLUE if the ten victims are worth spit, but HEY, they are UNdefeated! Lets put um in the TOP TEN out of 15,000 plus schools, because as EVERYBODY KNOWS, Cali is the BEST of the BEST! Even though they don't REALLY PLAY ANYBODY outside of Cali and Vegas!xD

16 hours ago, Las Vegas_JC said:

Gorman has accomplished more in the past five years than Dls has in the past 25 years combined. 

Wait a minute why do you care so much about a weak region like Northern California? You live in Texas for fux sake. No matter which region of Texas that you currently live in the quality of football in Texas is 10 times better than NorCal. Go enjoy a game in Texas and give us an evaluation of the teams that you live by. 

You are quite bizarre!

You can set your watch to November 1st and expect a whining post from LV about how BG unfairly sinking in the polls

now, he’s got DLS to also whine about

I am soooooooooo glad DLS has its coaches and BG has Sanchez — I wouldn’t want my kid playing for a guy that beats up women...... or throws Hail Marys into end zone of waning seconds of a visiting team you’re crushing..... or condones the repeated punk move of refusing pregame handshakes

Hope he’s enjoying month #2 of BG’s 11-month off-season 

• Haha 1