A Big Black Eye for Georgia

noonereal

# of Turnovers by the GA teams that lost... 

"""Facing Wekiva (Fla.) in the final game of the Freedom Bowl at Milton High School, North turned possession over five times and succumbed to the Mustangs 28-14. One a fumble returned for a score. Wekiva did not turn the ball over once."""

Buford lost the ball 6 times. 

And Grayson fumbled 5 times, losing 3 of those.. and had a punt blocked for a TD.

That is ridiculous.

2 hours ago, Belly Bob said:

Did you watch the game?

I thought Sanchez was going to have a massive stroke. No joke. Sweat was pouring from his head like water from a spigot, and he spent most of his time on the sidelines screaming at his coaches and players. 

He screamed some at the refs too, but they obviously deserved it. 

No, I did not... saw the score and thought... Damn! Especially after that boat race last week  

BGW

1 hour ago, ECHS05 said:

And Grayson fumbled 5 times, losing 3 of those.. and had a punt blocked for a TD.

From what I remember, that ball was never punted. I thought I saw the punter drop the snap and BC got to him before he could gain control, with the loose ball recovered by BC in the end zone. The snap was fine. Fumble recovery, not a blocked punt, right?

4 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

From what I remember, that ball was never punted. I thought I saw the punter drop the snap and BC got to him before he could gain control, with the loose ball recovered by BC in the end zone. The snap was fine. Fumble recovery, not a blocked punt, right?

Technically yeah... the ball was snapped and the punter just missed the ball and it hit him in the knee bouncing off and BC recovered... granted it was snapped a little low, it looked like he shouldve been able to adjust and catch it..

The punter looks like he was moving in slow motion... its at the 13:08 mark of this video...

1 hour ago, ECHS05 said:

# of Turnovers by the GA teams that lost... 

[...] North turned possession over five times and succumbed to the Mustangs 28-14. One a fumble returned for a score. Wekiva did not turn the ball over once."""

Buford lost the ball 6 times. 

And Grayson fumbled 5 times, losing 3 of those.. 

That is ridiculous.

It's so funny that you should say this.

I remember Hawg offering this helpful tip to our NorCal friends not too long ago.

On 8/21/2018 at 3:02 PM, HawgGoneIt said:

Folsom got a goose egg and their ball carriers have butter fingers. 

[...]

Hopefully they will win some games if you take that video to the coaches bro. They need to teach the backs and receivers how to carry the ball properly so there can be no question whether they fumble or not. [...]

I'm trying to be your friend here and offer good advice. 

xD

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, ECHS05 said:

... granted it was snapped a little low, it looked like he shouldve been able to adjust and catch it..

... its at the 13:08 mark of this video...

If you consider that a low snap that the punter needed to adjust to in any way to catch, you're mistaken.

And that isn't a special teams coaching blunder. It wasn't a blocked punt. The punter failed to catch the ball at his waist.

• Like 4

On 9/1/2018 at 3:19 PM, ECHS05 said:

In 6 weeks , after Grayson has played Marietta, Colquitt, and Archer ... we'll know where they stand.

The team has a bad HC, a new OC and DC... their talent will win them some games like last year, but a team as poorly coached as Grayson has absolutely no chance of winning state in GA.

The best team in NJ beating this Grayson team shouldnt have anyone too excited.

Colquitt plays them in 3 weeks, and Archer plays them in 6...

Marietta?  We already saw what they have.  

On 9/2/2018 at 5:47 AM, HawgGoneIt said:

Yeah. 

Georgia totally blew all of their big OOS match ups. 

May as well wave the white flag and hope the rest of the country doesn't shit on you too much. 

Real talk. 

We watched rosters and teams get pumped up all off season, and in some cases, two or more years. Then they get clobbered by some team that no one was really pumping up, even in the days immediately leading up to D-Day. 

Yeah. Time to wave the flag and watch imo.

Don't give up hope just yet.  Marietta can bring back some small amount of pride, when they play SJC!

• Haha 1

On 9/2/2018 at 8:04 AM, Sammyswordsman said:

@DevilDog show me a Texas state Champ that scheduled a preseason or final National Top 5 OOS team from a power state.

Cant lose if you never play.  Just sayin 

FB70F713-6C8A-4A11-9D96-AED2C16F8113.gif

This was the first thing that popped into my mind when I read his post.  I was thinking, NONE, since they do not play OOS.  And their one go to move is ET over DLS, but fail to mention that same ET team beat their #1 state champ in the same season.  

• Thanks 2

On 9/1/2018 at 5:58 PM, ECHS05 said:

NJs #1 ranked defending State Champs beats a 3-loss 2nd round loser from GA and hes pissing in his panties.

Thats NOR. Noticed he was nowhere to be found before the game.

When BC crushed everyone in Jersey and Grayson goes into the playoffs with 3 or 4 losses... lets revisit this. Its easy to claim anything this early.

Grayson was #1 in GA, #5 in the USA, in Prepnation, the best poll. 

Here is an idea, man up. 

I love Colquitt's  "selective" schedule this year.  I can't wait for you to say they are the #1 team in GA (you probably already have) 

LOL, stop being a little man. Colquitt ducts teams to maintain a ranking and Grayson gets exposed. That is the story of GA this year like always. 

Now will Rome be a top team? LOL

1 hour ago, noonereal said:

Grayson was #1 in GA, #5 in the USA, in Prepnation, the best poll. 

Here is an idea, man up. 

I love Colquitt's  "selective" schedule this year.  I can't wait for you to say they are the #1 team in GA (you probably already have) 

LOL, stop being a little man. Colquitt ducts teams to maintain a ranking and Grayson gets exposed. That is the story of GA this year like always. 

Now will Rome be a top team? LOL

Grayson was #1 in national polls.

Nobody , except maybe Rufus had Grayson #1 in GA, from GA. Regardless of where a team starts anyway, where they finish is all that matters bc preseason polls dont mean dick. You werent here this preseason, so I wouldnt expect you to know much 1 way or the other... Except that you saw Grayson high at USAToday bc of their talent... Doesnt take into account their garbage HC.

Thank God BC was gifted quite a bit that game... Grayson is an undisciplined mess, and almost blew a 29 point lead last night.

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Stop teasing us. All or nothing!!

Gotta hand it to GA for stepping up this season OOS-wise. 'Twas a long time coming. Win or lose, these games will make its teams and state as a whole better long term. The best is yet to come. 

So Rush playing Trinity MO. Is to be applauded? And now you too will genuflect at years end when he pronounces himself the best in the nation? 

Personally I am tired of the act. 

Get TX and GA to travel and to travel to REAL competition. 

Thanks

as always, I respect you azz backwards opinion. 🤑

1 minute ago, ECHS05 said:

Grayson was #1 in national polls.

Nobody , except maybe Rufus had Grayson #1 in GA, from GA. Regardless of where a team starts anyway, where they finish is all that matters bc preseason polls dont mean dick. You werent here this preseason, so I wouldnt expect you to know much 1 way or the other... Except that you saw Grayson high at USAToday bc of their talent... Doesnt take into account their garbage HC.

Thank God BC was gifted quite a bit that game... Grayson is an undisciplined mess, and almost blew a 29 point lead last night.

Alternate fact?

Go look at Jamie's pol and stop the politically learned sidestep of truth. 

Honest, man up. You have made excusees after every GA loss for a decade. Just shut up and man up. You lost because BC (which sucks) was better. 

Just now, noonereal said:

So Rush playing Trinity MO. Is to be applauded? And now you too will genuflect at years end when he pronounces himself the best in the nation? 

Personally I am tired of the act. 

Get TX and GA to travel and to travel to REAL competition. 

Thanks

as always, I respect you azz backwards opinion. 🤑

As biased as they come.

2 minutes ago, noonereal said:

Alternate fact?

Go look at Jamie's pol and stop the politically learned sidestep of truth. 

Honest, man up. You have made excusees after every GA loss for a decade. Just shut up and man up. You lost because BC (which sucks) was better. 

Jamies poll aka PrepNation? You mean another national poll exactly like I said... No STATE poll had Grayson #1... And I didnt... 

It doesnt make a bit of fuck whos PRESEASON #1 anyway. We can all see Grayson isnt the best in GA...atleast right now.

1 minute ago, ECHS05 said:

As biased as they come.

Biased??????

You mean Trinity MO is a national power? 

or that playing the best teams in the country on the road os not fair to ask of a loser state like GA? 

what is biased, little guy? 

Honest, you should never challenge me. You should simply hit the like button when you encounter a post of mine and learn. 

• Haha 1