Some California news

Ararar

34 minutes ago, Bestcoast said:

Please explain the difference in transfer rules. 

Thanks in advance 

I don’t know it word for word or every sub paragraph but in a nut shell, if the NCS feels you transferred for athletically motivated reasons, you sit the season. If they deem the transfer ok, you sit the first six games. Someone feel free to correct me if I’m wrong..

6 hours ago, SoCalFball said:

Of course they do. Another reason why privates should play by themselves. They get mad about a rule change and wanna sue smh...

I get mad when public schools use my taxpayer’s  money for sports. I get up set when my tax money get used to help a public school at uses apartments as spots dorms to get out of area Kids in...

private school do it right and don’t mooch off the public

5 hours ago, DLS350 said:

Back in the day, MD played DLS 4x and lost 4x. In the last loss, coach R claimed “he doesn’t know how to beat these guys”. Fast forward to open season in the now All Mighty Transferred Up Trinity League. He’s figured it out, get the most 4-5* transfers you can get. Then win the Transfer, Sorry, I mean Trinity League Title. Then, blow through the playoffs and play another Trinity League all star team in the finals to face DLS in Open State Title game. And, if you can’t get all these transfers, sue the shit out of the CIF because you can’t win league or beat DLS without them. High school football at its finest.

Bravo!!

“We cant hoard all the talent from the bay to Reno any more, this isn’t fair. 😢 stop beating us up. We used to be good. You guys a just being mean”

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Eddyr2 said:

“We cant hoard all the talent from the bay to Reno any more, this isn’t fair. 😢 stop beating us up. We used to be good. You guys a just being mean”

Don’t have an answer for a truthful statement so you resort to acting like Block.

4 hours ago, DLS350 said:

They’ve never pulled the best kids in NorCal, kids from Contra Costa County and farther, sure. All privates have this advantage, no argument here. The difference between Norcal and Socal, especially the North Coast Section where DLS resides is that there are pretty strict transfer rules which Socal doesn’t know anything about. If someone says what a minute about a transfer, Socal sues..

If the NCS Parents want to be told what’s best for their kids that’s up to you.So Cal believes a parent knows what’s best for their kid

1 hour ago, Eddyr2 said:

I get mad when public schools use my taxpayer’s  money for sports. I get up set when my tax money get used to help a public school at uses apartments as spots dorms to get out of area Kids in...

I’m pretty sure there are a lot of supporters of Rancho Cucamonga football that are pretty mad that Mater Dei basically used two of their best players on a mercenary basis to help secure a CIF title.  But since it was in the best interest  of both the athletes and the taxpayers, and doing it right, I suppose they should really be sending thank you cards out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

The Santa Margarita contingent. Let’s not forget Whole Foods shoppers and yoga pants wearers. And to set the set the record straight, it’s not just lattes, it’s soy lattes.

Wellll Excuse Meeeeee!

And I think you mean “Whole Paycheck” market 🤠

• Like 1

1 hour ago, On2whls said:

I’m pretty sure there are a lot of supporters of Rancho Cucamonga football that are pretty mad that Mater Dei basically used two of their best players on a mercenary basis to help secure a CIF title.  But since it was in the best interest  of both the athletes and the taxpayers, and doing it right, I suppose they should really be sending thank you cards out.

They should.

1 hour ago, Eddyr2 said:

Who is acting holy then thou? Public’s take taxpayers money privates don’t.

I suppose you also have your own private police department, drive to work on roads you built, are protected by your own private army, put out your own fires....

• Like 2

There has been a lot of buzz for months that elite defensive back Elias Rickswould be leaving Santa Ana (Calif.) Mater Dei. Ricks confirmed he has left Mater Dei and goes in-depth on why he’s moving on.

The LSU commit, rated the No. 1 corner nationally in the 247Sports Composite and No. 10 player overall, said the biggest reason for leaving the Monarch program was his desire to graduate early.

I have been taking extra classes at a junior college as a dual enrolled student since last year,” Ricks said. “My plan for some time was to graduate early and get to college as soon as possible. I skipped out on all the big showcase events and 7v7 national events in both Florida and Las Vegas this off-season to prepare myself, mentally and physically for college football.

“I was looking at two options. Finishing high school a semester early and also reclassifying and going in a whole year early (JT Daniels). I decided not to reclassify because I would have to attend summer school this year to make that happen. If I did that, it would put me on a college campus just two weeks before it was time to report for the 2019 season. I didn’t want to be unprepared or go in without time to transition to college life.”

So Ricks made the decision to just graduate a semester early and enroll at LSU in time for Spring Ball. The problem, he said, was he wouldn’t be able to do that if he stayed at Mater Dei.

“Mater Dei has a policy where they will not accept outside credits and won’t add those classes to my transcript,” Ricks said. “Therefore my dual enrollment classes won’t count there. They also require 270 units instead of 230 (mostly religion courses) which most local schools require. Very few players have been able to graduate early from Mater Dei because they don’t allow summer school courses to get ahead either. 

“My years worth of dual enrolled college credits would be wasted if I stayed at Mater Dei. This was why I could not finish early there. I had to leave early if I wanted to be in college by spring of my senior year, which I knew I had to do in order to give myself the best opportunity to be ready to play college ball as a true freshman.”

That doesn’t mean it was an easy decision for Ricks.

“Leaving Mater Dei was extremely tough for me,” Ricks said. “I do feel is the best move to help me succeed at the next level. My heart and mind felt like it left for college a long time ago. I want to keep pace with the guys in the classes ahead of me and be able to compete with them like I did as a sophomore and junior.

“I’m doing this with humility and I realize that there are things that I need to improve on and develop more in my game and I’m seriously going after them. Being a great high school player does not mean that you will do well in college if you don’t put in the hard work and keep yourself growing. That’s all that I’ve been doing this off-season, focusing on academics and training, period.

“I hope to have a full semester of college credits done when I walk on campus in January. This way when the fall semester comes, I will already have a full year of credits and be on track to graduate in three years. I’ll have my body right and I will still be continuing to take college classes as a dual enrollment as well.”

Ricks will be finishing his junior year at a local school close to home and then will transfer to another school to finish out his senior year next fall. 

“I looked at highly competitive high schools that would allow me to finish early,” Ricks said. “My family and I decided long ago that we would never play against Mater Dei. Those coaches and players are my brothers and I respect them too much. 

"So I’m going to finish up this year at a local school and then I’ll announce later this summer where I’ll be in the fall. I know I’m blessed to be in this position and feel like God keeps using me to do wondrous things. I never expected to have the kind success that I have had and that’s how I know it’s not me, it’s Him. 

“God knew this is where I would end up long before I did and I’m just following His path. Proverbs 3:5-6 says, ‘Trust in The Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your path.’ That’s what I’m doing here, trusting God and letting him lead me.”

As for his commitment to LSU, everything remains status quo there.

"I'm still rock solid, 100% locked in with LSU," Ricks said. "They know what's going, they know where I'll be next year too, I'm just not ready to announce it yet. I love LSU and love what they're doing. I'm still taking my official visits but that was always the plan and they're fully aware of that too.

"I'm going to visit Clemson, Alabama, Ohio State and USC in addition to LSU. The only date I have is with Ohio State week 11 for the Penn State game. I want to enjoy the experience but LSU is home for me and I love the coaches and environment."

8 hours ago, DLS350 said:

You say excuse, I say reason. What’s Servites excuse, I mean reason??

Saying the other team cheats is an excuse.  With an even playing field now, DLS struggles to compete in the SBG.

looks like Canes was right.   It’s less about the “system” and more about the Jimmy’s and the Joe’s”

Servite will be fine  starting next year.  Schedule us.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

No matter how long I'm gone... 

I always come back to Samantha spewing her propaganda...

I Posted that truth while watching Bae race at the UC Irvine Track Invitational today.   It was between races, so I checked out what was going on in the Forum.  Couldn't resit taking a swipe at DLS350

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

With an even playing field now, DLS struggles to compete in the SBG.

Even playing field? The schools are privates and can draw kids without boundary, that was an even playing field. DLS did just fine during those times. The open tranfers in Socal took over and yes, DLS is getting beat in the Open now. Socal sold their pride and integrity to win. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DLS350 said:

Even playing field? The schools are privates and can draw kids without boundary, that was an even playing field. DLS did just fine during those times. The open tranfers in Socal took over and yes, DLS is getting beat in the Open now. Socal sold their pride and integrity to win. 

Good to know that the Trinity League is living rent free in your head.  LOL.

I think DLS vs. JSerra for third place in the TL would be a heck of a game.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, On2whls said:

I suppose you also have your own private police department, drive to work on roads you built, are protected by your own private army, put out your own fires....

What does that have to do with high school football? I am okay with tax money being used for that and I am okay with tax money being used for high school football...what I’m not okay with is people acting like public school are  Morally superior to private schools when infact they are not. I am for DIY schools like the ones in the Trinity League.

12 minutes ago, DLS350 said:

Where did #11 on last years DLS team play freshman ball?

6 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Good to know that the Trinity League is living rent free in your head.  LOL.

I think DLS vs. JSerra for third place in the TL would be a heck of a game.

Rent free? Naw! Just passing the time until August. J Serra huh? Yep, Servite not even good enough for third place so you mention JS.