Some California news

Ararar

52 minutes ago, SoCalFball said:

Don’t try to make this more than what it is kids stomping their feet to get what they want. They talk about wanting to graduate early and the problem is MD won’t allow it. In order to graduate at all you have to pass your classes and be in good standing. Mater Dei has rules and good luck to the boys, I hope they do well wherever they end up. 

For everyone who said MD sold their soul, win at all cost... as you can see that’s not the case.  I commend the Monarchs for not bending to these kids. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Crafty Creator said:

Don’t try to make this more than what it is kids stomping their feet to get what they want. They talk about wanting to graduate early and the problem is MD won’t allow it. In order to graduate at all you have to pass your classes and be in good standing. Mater Dei has rules and good luck to the boys, I hope they do well wherever they end up. 

For everyone who said MD sold their soul, win at all cost... as you can see that’s not the case.  I commend the Monarchs for not bending to these kids. 

How not so? Didn’t they win state last year? and didn’t those two kids from Rancho Cucamonga go back? 🤔😂

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Extremely Humble said:

Narbonne has the 3rd best team in the State on paper. Looking forward to watching them crumble against weaker opponents. 

They have a bunch of skill guys on offense 

they have some good DB and LB on defense 

they have 1 linemen on both sides of the ball getting looks.

but yeah they will be in the regional game no doubt

• Thanks 1

On 4/28/2019 at 10:52 PM, On2whls said:

Simply put, after the open title game, your seeing the next best NorCal teams and far from that in the South since all the best teams get stuck in one bracket.

This is a tremendous advantage especially for De La Salle.  Their road to the title game doesn’t include the best teams from the north, just the best teams from their section, then (except for this past year due to fires) they get a week to rest and prepare.  Essentially, they only have to play one team capable of winning the title.  A team like Cen10, JSerra, or this years Oaks Christian would have to beat MD, SJB (in succession), and then De La Salle. Even MD or SJB have to get by each other. Small wonder they (DLS) pretty much owned the state until SS teams like MD and SJB decided to beef up just to have a shot at getting to the title game. 

This is one of the most disingenuous statements I have seen in quite a while.

It’s like saying the US decided to “beef up” by dropping a nuke on Hiroshima.

• Like 2

Former Santa Ana (Calif.) Mater Dei standout defensive back Darion Green-Warren has enrolled at Harbor City (Calif.) Narbonne.

Green-Warren, one of the nation’s top cover corners and rated the No. 149 prospect nationally, withdrew from Mater Dei this morning and will play his senior year at Narbonne. He’ll start classes for the Gauchos this week.

Green-Warren is the second Monarch defensive back to announce he’s transferring out in the last few days. Over the weekend, LSU commit Elias Ricks said he is withdrawing from Mater Dei as well. Like Ricks, Green-Warren said his desire to graduate early was the main reason for his departure.

“That was the main reason, I’m on track to graduate early but Mater Dei wasn’t going to accept the outside classes I took,” Green-Warren said. “This was the toughest decision I’ve had to make because my three years at Mater Dei were so special. Winning back to back national titles and playing with my brothers on the team, I’m going to miss everyone.

“I loved playing for coach Rollinson, coach Johnson, coach Pat, the whole defensive staff was incredible and I’ll really miss the guys on the team, those are my brothers forever. I just felt like moving forward, this was the best thing for me to prepare me for my future. I think graduating early so I can get to college in time for Spring Ball will give me a huge advantage and I’ll be able to do that at Narbonne.”

Green-Warren said making an impact as a true freshman has always been a goal.

“The sooner I get in and can get acclimated, the better for me,” Green-Warren said. “I want to play and contribute right away and I feel enrolling in the spring, getting those practices under my belt and just getting used to the college life is going to be important and give me a big advantage.

“I’ll start classes today or tomorrow at Narbonne and I’m excited about the new opportunity. It’s going to be a little weird at first getting used to those green and gold uniforms, kind of takes me back to my days with the IE Ducks in youth ball but they have a great program and I know a lot of the players on the team so I’m excited and I’ll be ready to go.”

The Gauchos have had a big off-season on the transfer front. Green-Warren joins four-star safeties Jared Greenfield and Anthony Beavers, talented cover corner Macen Williams and Alabama receiver commit Traeshon Holden. The secondary, which returned standout corner Brandon Jones, should be one of the best in the region with five legitimate high major prospects at the position.

Mater Dei remains deep at defensive back led by standout sophomore Jaylin Davies and freshmen Domani Jackson and Josh Hunter, who saw extensive action this past season. Losing players with the talent level and experience of Ricks and Green-Warren will still be very difficult, especially with the brutal schedule the Monarchs will be playing this season. 

Green-Warren is a former Oklahoma commit and recently visited Oregon. He visited Clemson and Georgia earlier in the off-season and Florida State, Ole Miss and USC are heavily involved as well. USC is high on his list right now and leads in the Crystal Ball forecast.

1 hour ago, Wosinc said:

This is one of the most disingenuous statements I have seen in quite a while.

It’s like saying the US decided to “beef up” by dropping a nuke on Hiroshima

The facts are the facts.  After SJB started beefing up, they have gotten to and won the title game.  MD followed suit.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bestcoast said:

Every kid wants to go to a good program.

No kid wants to go to a bad program.

This is generally true, but some kids end up transferring to lesser programs simply because they will actually get a chance to play.  

1 hour ago, SoCalFball said:

Smh this is how MD fans really feel about those transfers 

3552375E-AFA3-4831-8252-1AB21FF30BF9.jpeg

Mater Dei was founded with the intention of offering a fiiiine Catholic education to all young people.  The school is located in Santa Ana, which is one of the poorer communities of Orange County for a reason, to be available to disadvantaged kids.  Accepting disadvantaged kids from Rancho Cucamonga or whereever fits into our Mission perfectly.

Over the years, the feeder parishes became more affluent, and the alumni became more "snotty" for lack of a better word.  If you watch film of our 1960's teams, you will see working  class guys who weren't afraid to roll up their sleeves and git her done.  

The Caviar eating tailgating  families of the recent years, have no concept of the toil put in by the founding families.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SoCalFball said:

Smh this is how MD fans really feel about those transfers 

3552375E-AFA3-4831-8252-1AB21FF30BF9.jpeg

Public school trash

really? If this poster is A Mater Dei kid than I’d say Rollinson legacy was ruined before any of the trash from public schools got there 

6 hours ago, Ararar said:

Public school trash

really? If this poster is A Mater Dei kid than I’d say Rollinson legacy was ruined before any of the trash from public schools got there 

I assure that Domingo does not speak for any Mater Dei alumni except himself. This idiot has a well known reputation on the OC Connect message board for being a hate filled racist.

• Thanks 2
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, Ararar said:

Public school trash

His politically tactless description doesn’t change his excellent post 

mid be upset if I were an MD alum..... I think..... I probably would have been ok with it with negro’s cover until late last year when conduct issues started escalating, around the same time as Norcal transfer drama, Controversial Bru tweets, suspensions, face-spitting....

upon reflection seems the deal with the devil has too high of a price 

sammy worked very hard to goad a DLS or Norcal guy into saying DLS needs to follow suit and, to eat of my recollection, there was unanimity in NOT wanting to pursue that path 

mD would have to expel a dozen 4-stars to bring their roster back to earth but if they traded futures for Hsfb, SJB’s would be higher than MD’s because they don’t appear to have any shame in their approach while MD clearly has angst 

10 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

I assure that Domingo does not speak for any Mater Dei alumni except himself. This idiot has a well known reputation on the OC Connect message board for being a hate filled racist.

Domingo is a racist?

does he know Bubba the feminist?

16 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

I can tell you that DLS won't be publishing "Losing with dignity", anytime soon.

On what basis are you maligning the dignity of DLS?

only complaint I can think you’d have is they don’t aspire take the same approach as SKB and MD have, which is actually a mark of dignity 

what else is your beef?

PS. Liking your own post with a different screen name seems very blockish of you.  Id suggest that winning a likes contest isn’t as important as maintaining your dignity and DLS seems to feel the same way about hsfb 

4 hours ago, Pops said:

His politically tactless description doesn’t change his excellent post 

Don’t soften his position as politically tactless.  We all know what he was getting at.  Whatever good points he may have made, are invalidated by his bias.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2