Some California news

Ararar

2 minutes ago, Eddyr2 said:

Where did #11 on last years DLS team play freshman ball?

Yep, the one kid they had came from Sacramento area as a Sophomore. A Sophomore transfer! How many Senior transfers did MD get? How many of those transfers started? How many MD starters on the last years team were on the team as Juniors? How many MD players went back to their previous high school after football season?? I can tell you DLS had none. You guys have become Al Davis, “just win baby”.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, DLS350 said:

Rent free? Naw! Just passing the time until August. J Serra huh? Yep, Servite not even good enough for third place so you mention JS.

It's prolly JSerra this year.  Nothing wrong wit dat.  Servite will be back in the mix when their two great incoming football classes in 2018 and  2019 spend a few years in Troy Thomas weight room.  DLS will be good in 2020, but Servite probably would take 3rd place in 2021.

2 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

It's prolly JSerra this year.  Nothing wrong wit dat.  Servite will be back in the mix when their two great incoming football classes in 2018 and  2019 spend a few years in Troy Thomas weight room.  DLS will be good in 2020, but Servite probably would take 3rd place in 2021.

I like Coach Thomas, he gave no excuses after the mud bowl. He took the blame and said he didn’t prepare the kids for the opponent properly, “my fault”. Thought that was very stand up!!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, DLS350 said:

I like Coach Thomas, he gave no excuses after the mud bowl. He took the blame and said he didn’t prepare the kids for the opponent properly, “my fault”. Thought that was very stand up!!

yeah that game pretty much ruined Servite football for the next 8 years.  I think we finally turned the page.

That 2010 DLS game probably contributed to the rise of SJB and MD to fill the vacuum left by Servite

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, DLS350 said:

Yep, the one kid they had came from Sacramento area as a Sophomore. A Sophomore transfer! How many Senior transfers did MD get? How many of those transfers started? How many MD starters on the last years team were on the team as Juniors? How many MD players went back to their previous high school after football season?? I can tell you DLS had none. You guys have become Al Davis, “just win baby”.

56 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

http://www.ocregister.com/all-county-cornerback-elias-ricks-planning-to-withdraw-from-mater-dei

Not sure if mentioned prior.  He wants to graduate early.  

Transferring from the back to back MNC so he can graduate early? 

Cant be ,I was told SoCal parents only transfer their kids to win at all costs 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Bestcoast said:

SoCal > NoCal 

Its the way it is and always will be

http://www.cifstate.org/sports/football/past_results_records/2017/2017_st_fb

http://www.cifstate.org/sports/football/2018_results_st_fb

Well judging from the last two years, I’d say in football we’re pretty even.

Now in population, smog, congestion, concrete and asphalt? You’re correct, you win and you can keep Socal. Nothing down there I want, need or like.

34 minutes ago, DLS350 said:

Now in population, smog, congestion, concrete and asphalt? You’re correct, you win and you can keep Socal. Nothing down there I want, need or like.

If DLS got the best talent in NorCal, they would rarely lose if at all.  All things being equal (best players in area) the system wins 95/100 games.  And SoCal knows it IMO.  

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, DLS350 said:

Well, given that NorCal sends their three best teams to the top bowl games, while So Cal has their top 6 or more teams in one playoff bracket, that assures a more level playing field.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DLS350 said:

I’d say you’re delusional 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, World Citizen said:

If DLS got the best talent in NorCal, they would rarely lose if at all.  All things being equal (best players in area) the system wins 95/100 games.  And SoCal knows it IMO.  

MD and SJB get the best players in the area not SoCal so no

• Like 1

5 hours ago, On2whls said:

Well, given that NorCal sends their three best teams to the top bowl games, while So Cal has their top 6 or more teams in one playoff bracket, that assures a more level playing field.

I do agree with for the most part. It goes 1 vs. 1 then NorCal vs. SoCal then a drop off in the matchups for the most part.

Not sure what the top 6 in one playoff argument is about though?

1 hour ago, Cossacks said:

Not sure what the top 6 in one playoff argument is about though?

Simply put, after the open title game, your seeing the next best NorCal teams and far from that in the South since all the best teams get stuck in one bracket.

This is a tremendous advantage especially for De La Salle.  Their road to the title game doesn’t include the best teams from the north, just the best teams from their section, then (except for this past year due to fires) they get a week to rest and prepare.  Essentially, they only have to play one team capable of winning the title.  A team like Cen10, JSerra, or this years Oaks Christian would have to beat MD, SJB (in succession), and then De La Salle. Even MD or SJB have to get by each other. Small wonder they (DLS) pretty much owned the state until SS teams like MD and SJB decided to beef up just to have a shot at getting to the title game. 

1 hour ago, On2whls said:

Simply put, after the open title game, your seeing the next best NorCal teams and far from that in the South since all the best teams get stuck in one bracket.

This is a tremendous advantage especially for De La Salle.  Their road to the title game doesn’t include the best teams from the north, just the best teams from their section, then (except for this past year due to fires) they get a week to rest and prepare.  Essentially, they only have to play one team capable of winning the title.  A team like Cen10, JSerra, or this years Oaks Christian would have to beat MD, SJB (in succession), and then De La Salle. Even MD or SJB have to get by each other. Small wonder they (DLS) pretty much owned the state until SS teams like MD and SJB decided to beef up just to have a shot at getting to the title game. 

DLS can’t control who is in their Section so they have to play it out. It is stupid there is no regional game for the Open. I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone complain about the NorCal Open regional game and many were pissed it went away.

The depth of teams in the other bowls does favor Norcal, no doubt. But really in the end I don’t think many care about the lower bowls anyway (it’s so watered down with way to many divisions it doesn’t mean much) so I wouldn’t put to much stock in it anyway.

• Like 1