Some California news

Ararar

38 minutes ago, On2whls said:

Just those two?  Narbonne doesn’t ever seem to match up against legitimate high octane offenses.  I think if last year’s playoff game against Cathedral was at a neutral site, they would likely have prevailed, but I would bet that even an uninspired (as has been described) Folsom would have had a much easier win in the title game.  I think there’s a handful more teams that would beat them.

I agree that teams like Folsom, Mission, JSerra, Jokes and the like could also beat Narbonne. But my point is that Narbonne has stockpiled so much talent that nobody, at least on paper, should beat them except Bosco and MD.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

I agree that teams like Folsom, Mission, JSerra, Jokes and the like could also beat Narbonne. But my point is that Narbonne has stockpiled so much talent that nobody, at least on paper, should beat them except Bosco and MD.

The problem is the stockpiled talent is predominately skill position guys.The lines is where you’re going to beat the MD SJB Centennial and DLS of the world 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Extremely Humble said:

Hopefully this season they play to their potential and Folsom gets a legit SoCal team in the bowl game. 

The games against Buchanan, OLU, and Serra should provide some good insight.   If they are to compete with what Folsom has returning, those should all be double digit wins.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Extremely Humble said:

Hopefully this season they play to their potential and Folsom gets a legit SoCal team in the bowl game. 

Folsom loves those participation trophies and cute parades. Cathedral Catholic had it all but blown up, but the participation trophy and parade survived another year.

Paper tigers are alive and well.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, On2whls said:

The games against Buchanan, OLU, and Serra should provide some good insight.   If they are to compete with what Folsom has returning, those should all be double digit wins.  

Even with this schedule it isn't very strong as previous years with Cen10 and St. Louis on the schedule...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Adam Kurkjian said:

I think I may have inquired on this before (I mean, this thread is over 100 pages), but anyone see LB Poly getting back into that upper echelon anytime soon? Would love to see it.

Not with the LB unified school district plotting against them.Thats why kids like Jake Garcia who has multiple offers from the SEC transfers to Narbonne 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, bigrobstercraws said:

Nope, and not with Bosco either. But, they didn't get blown out in both games either like every other frosh team Servite had in the last few years. They did whup every other Trinity League team though. 

I actually hope Servite can keep it's players and make a come back in the next few years. Sammy's had to deal with being the laughing stock of the TL for the past 7 years and I actually feel bad for the guy. Besides, Servite is my favorite team from Socal! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Adam Kurkjian said:

Can you explain this a little more? I'm ignorant on that topic.

The other Long Beach schools complained about LBP getting all the talent so the district invoked a one year sit out for LB students only on transfers.A kid can transfer from another district and only has to sit 5 games but LB residents have to sit one year.

Im not sure but I believe they also moved the boundaries a little because I saw on message boards parents complained that they lived across the street from LBP but their kid couldn’t go there.

its no coincidence that since these changes LBP has fallen off

• Thanks 2
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Extremely Humble said:

I actually hope Servite can keep it's players and make a come back in the next few years. Sammy's had to deal with being the laughing stock of the TL for the past 7 years and I actually feel bad for the guy. Besides, Servite is my favorite team from Socal! 

Nah you just nut ride your rivals sacks (MD/SJB) and you get to claim dominance when they do well.

It’s out of many SEC fans playbooks. You go to say South Carolina and watch Bama win natty after natty you get to raise that foam #1 finger and yell, “SEC, we’re number 1, Roll Tide (sorry @Bormio😀!”

F72466D4-6C42-4968-B8B8-E64D11D372AB.jpeg

• Haha 7

5 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

Nah you just nut ride your rivals sacks (MD/SJB) and you get to claim dominance when they do well.

It’s out of many SEC fans playbooks. You go to say South Carolina and watch Bama win natty after natty you get to raise that foam #1 finger and yell, “SEC, we’re number 1, Roll Tide (sorry @Bormio😀!”

Normally I would not be a Bama guy in the national championship game - but when they play Clemson and Georgia - what choice does a Gamecock have?  ROLL DAMN TIDE 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Cossacks said:

Nailed it!