Some California news

Ararar

4 hours ago, bigrobstercraws said:

Nope, and not with Bosco either. But, they didn't get blown out in both games either like every other frosh team Servite had in the last few years. They did whup every other Trinity League team though. 

Correct. Bosco frosh beat Servite frosh 27-13. Mater Dei was fortunate that Servites best WR 6' 4" Tetairoa McMillan broke his collarbone in the 1st Quarter. Even so, Servite led in the 3rd Q, and only trailed by 5 points halfway through the 4th.

Injuries are a part of the game, and you have to play four full quarters, but it showed that Bosco and MD are not beyond reach for the class of 2022. Servite Frosh finished 8-2, and outscored their opponents 399-158.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, The Colonel said:

So, they conduct a survey, form a committee to study the survey, have three meetings with no conclusive action steps, plan two more meetings, and depending on how the next two meetings go, may decide to make some changes that won't be implemented for at least another year. Nice work. 

And then they'll be destroyed with lawsuits by the wealthy privates. Right? Or am I wrong here?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Colonel said:

So, they conduct a survey, form a committee to study the survey, have three meetings with no conclusive action steps, plan two more meetings, and depending on how the next two meetings go, may decide to make some changes that won't be implemented for at least another year. Nice work. 

They have to tread lightly 

they don’t want to be on the bad end of big bank take little bank again 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The only issue referenced in any detail is by-law 206 “valid change of residence”.  How specifically does that impact public’s vs private’s?  

If they clamp down on that more, it would seem the public schools would be impacted negatively far worse than private’s

If 70% of the respondents want transfer rules changed, and a majority of the schools are public, then public schools are pushing for the changes.  If “valid change of residence” was the most prevalent issue, does this mean the public schools are tired of being one upped by other public’s and that they are okay with what the big private’s are doing?

Those periodic messages we get from CIF are pretty vague.

50 minutes ago, Eddyr2 said:

What I am saying if CIF changes the current rules they will get sued again...thus the lawyers want them to change the rules so they get some of CIF’s cash

There you have it! An admission that the 2010 "Diocesan Lawsuit" on Mater Dei's behalf, (settled in 2012) is what opened the transfer floodgates in Southern California.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Eddyr2 said:

What I am saying if CIF changes the current rules they will get sued again...thus the lawyers want them to change the rules so they get some of CIF’s cash

LMAO, you buried the needle on my deflectometer sensing app.  It offered the following translation.  Mater Dei likes the current rules just fine and if you try to mess with our success, we’ll just sue your ass off.

• Haha 4

17 minutes ago, Slotback Right said:

There you have it! An admission that the 2010 "Diocesan Lawsuit" on Mater Dei's behalf, (settled in 2012) is what opened the transfer floodgates in Southern California.

Any rule that restricts transfers for any reason unjustly pushes under  privileged CHILDREN. If my son was told he couldnt play football for a season because I lost my job and could not longer afford MD, I would sue the ish out of CIF

and I would win

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, On2whls said:

LMAO, you buried the needle on my deflectometer sensing app.  It offered the following translation.  Mater Dei likes the current rules just fine and if you try to mess with our success, we’ll just sue your ass off.

I don’t speak for the school...I only speak for myself...a poor kid who’s mom worked her tail off so I could go to MD...I played football at MD but let’s say my mom lost her job and I can to go to Anaheim High for my sr year...why wouldn’t I sue CIF if they had me sit out?

or if I would my tail off and get a raise and now can afford to send my son to MD for his JR year...he has to sit out because I didn’t the raise 2 years ago?

let the kids play where they want to play...hell even crappy all boys schools like Servite got 22+ transfers on there team last year...

28 minutes ago, Slotback Right said:

Also I am very Greatfull that the RCBO fights for injustice!!! I will personally thank +Freyer when I see him on Sunday.

26-3-1

Back in the day, MD played DLS 4x and lost 4x. In the last loss, coach R claimed “he doesn’t know how to beat these guys”. Fast forward to open season in the now All Mighty Transferred Up Trinity League. He’s figured it out, get the most 4-5* transfers you can get. Then win the Transfer, Sorry, I mean Trinity League Title. Then, blow through the playoffs and play another Trinity League all star team in the finals to face DLS in Open State Title game. And, if you can’t get all these transfers, sue the shit out of the CIF because you can’t win league or beat DLS without them. High school football at its finest.

Bravo!!

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, DLS350 said:

Back in the day, MD played DLS 4x and lost 4x. In the last loss, coach R claimed “he doesn’t know how to beat these guys”. Fast forward to open season in the now All Mighty Transferred Up Trinity League. He’s figured it out, get the most 4-5* transfers you can get. Then win the Transfer, Sorry, I mean Trinity League Title. Then, blow through the playoffs and play another Trinity League all star team in the finals to face DLS in Open State Title game. And, if you can’t get all these transfers, sue the shit out of the CIF because you can’t win league or beat DLS without them. High school football at its finest.

Bravo!!

Pretzels are salty up north this morning.

just because DLS no longer pulls in the best kids in NorCal is no reason to break out the violin 🎻 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Ararar said:

Pretzels are salty up north this morning.

just because DLS no longer pulls in the best kids in NorCal is no reason to break out the violin 🎻 

They’ve never pulled the best kids in NorCal, kids from Contra Costa County and farther, sure. All privates have this advantage, no argument here. The difference between Norcal and Socal, especially the North Coast Section where DLS resides is that there are pretty strict transfer rules which Socal doesn’t know anything about. If someone says what a minute about a transfer, Socal sues..

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DLS350 said:

Bravo!!

Excuse thread material

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DLS350 said:

They’ve never pulled the best kids in NorCal, kids from Contra Costa County and farther, sure. All privates have this advantage, no argument here. The difference between Norcal and Socal, especially the North Coast Section where DLS resides is that there are pretty strict transfer rules which Socal doesn’t know anything about. If someone says what a minute about a transfer, Socal sues..

Please explain the difference in transfer rules. 

Thanks in advance