Some California news

Ararar

37 minutes ago, 15yds4gibberish said:

Sounds like the Div 2-A is turning out to be a great game:

A bit of board histrivia (historical trivia):  I believe San Ramon Valley is the original "Something Something Valley."

Go NorCal!

Edited to add: Granite Hills 31  San Ramon Valley 24 OT Final  

Great Game!!!… The SRV QB was fun to watch…. That was San Diego’s 3rd win over Bay Area Teams in The Bowls This Year…. 🤣

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

Great Game!!!… The SRV QB was fu min to watch…. That was San Diego’s 3rd win over Bay Area Teams in The Bowls This Year…. 🤣

I didn't see the game, I was just checking scores between Saturday activities and saw this one looked exciting. I've seen Baker before, he is fun to watch.   I'm glad you got to see this one today...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 15yds4gibberish said:

I didn't see the game, I was just checking scores between Saturday activities and saw this one looked exciting. I've seen Baker before, he is fun to watch.   I'm glad you got to see this one today...

I have seen him play Baseball but never FB…. He is a Heck of a Baseball player and is going to Santa Clara on a scholarship…. 

It’s Pouring Rain in the Bay Area today so a good day to be watching HSFB and The Army-Navy Game!!!… 🤣🍻

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SoCalFball said:

I’ve been beating this drum for awhile. I’m glad others are finally coming around to it. Maybe CIF and the coaches committee will make the necessary changes to the system. 

What would you do?

Even Cen10 can't compete anymore.

Since '14-'15 season, I think Bosco has lost to Cen10 once and Servite once.

In that same time, I think MD has lost to Cen10 once and JSerra twice. 

That's 8 seasons in which Bosco and MD are something like a combined 180-5 against CA teams. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Belly Bob said:

What would you do?

Even Cen10 can't compete anymore.

Since '14-'15 season, I think Bosco has lost to Cen10 once and Servite once.

In that same time, I think MD has lost to Cen10 once and JSerra twice. 

That's 8 seasons in which Bosco and MD are something like a combined 180-5 against CA teams. 

I say Just have a 4 Team “CA Open Bracket”…. Take the 4 highest ranked teams in CA regardless of region at the End of the Regular season and play a State Open Championship…. Kind of like the CFB works now….

And then let the Winner of the CA Open play in the Geico Bowl Games for the National Championship, even if it is against IMG…..

Then the rest of the teams in the state play for section Titles and the Other state Bowl Games just as it is now….

Currently what should be the premier game in CA The Open Bowl has become the Nobody Cares Bowl…. The rest of the games were terrific and very competitive…. It’s time for a change….

And for goodness sakes, get rid of this Ridiculous rule that CA teams can’t play IMG…. It’s a complete Joke that the way MD and SJB operates that they don’t play IMG and SFA each year…. If those 2 schools want to win Nattys every year then stop playing La Mirada and Modesto CC and just play the best teams in the country…. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

I say Just have a 4 Team “CA Open Bracket”…. Take the 4 highest ranked teams in CA regardless of region at the End of the Regular season and play a State Open Championship…. Kind of like the CFB works now….

And then let the Winner of the CA Open play in the Geico Bowl Games for the National Championship, even if it is against IMG…... 

The issue then is that the top tier teams will be even further entrenched in the top tier. That's basically what's happening already with the advent of Open Divisions at the Section level.

It's a bad idea that only seems to be gaining steam.