Some California news

Ararar

On 12/6/2022 at 3:08 PM, dntn31 said:

Not loving the North's chances this year, but that's why they play the games.

Here are 3 fun fact packages of 3 things about the 2022 CIF Bowl games:

• The NCS sends 3 teams:  SRV, Pittsburg, DLS.  Related bonus 3's: 
    • EBAL Trivia - SRV becomes the 3rd EBAL team to reach a state bowl championship.
    • DLS lost 3 games but managed to avenge the loss to Folsom to get here (where is block when we need him?).
  • 3 coaches from the north once played and coached for DLS: Walsh/Serra, Alambaugh/DLS, Galli/Pitt  - It's Galli's last game -- Here's to hoping you go out on a win coach.
  • SoCal's Lincoln ('Murder') Hornets is home to a lot of NFL players, especially great running backs: Marcus Allen, Terrell Davis, and this year they feature a fast GA bound  6'2" 230 lb Roderick Robinson.

Tonight - Looks like Lincoln likes to spread it out to free Robinson.  DLS is going to have to give up the pass to focus on him, but they are going to need to tackle a whole lot better than last week to bring him down.  Lincoln hasn't played an option team, so they will need to stay disciplined.  One positive sign for DLS is they did put together a 7.5 minute 16 play drive last week to close out Folsom.  If Lincoln puts 8 in the box, DLS has to make some passes.  Finally, DLS can't turn it over 3 times and they can't afford killer goal line penalties and expect to win this week. 

They have a common opponent, Cathedral Catholic.   The results were pretty close, but most agree it doesn't tell us much about the match up tonight.  Lincoln is the favorite but DLS has a chance if they clean some things up (got hyper-improvement? 😉)  Could be a good game.

Go NorCal!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, 15yds4gibberish said:

• EBAL Trivia - SRV becomes the 3rd EBAL team to reach a state bowl championship.
    • DLS lost 3 games but managed to avenge the loss to Folsom to get here (where is block when we need him?).
  • 3 coaches from the north once played and coached for DLS: Walsh/Serra, Alambaugh/DLS, Galli/Pitt  - It's Galli's last game -- Here's to hoping you go out on a win coach.
  • SoCal's Lincoln ('Murder') Hornets is home to a lot of NFL players, especially great running backs: Marcus Allen, Terrell Davis, and this year they feature a fast GA bound  6'2" 230 lb Roderick Robinson.

Tonight - Looks like Lincoln likes to spread it out to free Robinson.  DLS is going to have to give up the pass to focus on him, but they are going to need to tackle a whole lot better than last week to bring him down.  Lincoln hasn't played an option team, so they will need to stay disciplined.  One positive sign for DLS is they did put together a 7.5 minute 16 play drive last week to close out Folsom.  If Lincoln puts 8 in the box, DLS has to make some passes.  Finally, DLS can't turn it over 3 times and they can't afford killer goal line penalties and expect to win this week. 

They have a common opponent, Cathedral Catholic.   The results were pretty close, but most agree it doesn't tell us much about the match up tonight.  Lincoln is the favorite but DLS has a chance if they clean some things up (got hyper-improvement? 😉)  Could be a good game.

Go NorCal!

I watched a little bit of Lincoln vs Sierra Canyon.  Robinson is a great back.  Really quick feet and deceptively fast and very strong.  DLS has faced great backs before but those teams tackled better than this DLS team.  I still like DLS DL against Lincoln rushing attack.  

Lincoln can be effective throwing quick outs and curls and an occasional long throw down field.  They are more successful than DLS passing so adv Lincoln.  Imo. 

Lincoln D looks athletic and pretty quick.  They will no doubt play to stop the run game.   

Still can't figure out why I can't watch the games up here in Washington.  Seems just stupid the rest of country can watch except PNW.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, World Citizen said:

I watched a little bit of Lincoln vs Sierra Canyon.  Robinson is a great back.  Really quick feet and deceptively fast and very strong.  DLS has faced great backs before but those teams tackled better than this DLS team.  I still like DLS DL against Lincoln rushing attack.  

Lincoln can be effective throwing quick outs and curls and an occasional long throw down field.  They are more successful than DLS passing so adv Lincoln.  Imo. 

Lincoln D looks athletic and pretty quick.  They will no doubt play to stop the run game.   

Still can't figure out why I can't watch the games up here in Washington.  Seems just stupid the rest of country can watch except PNW.  

You can't watch on NFHS Network?

https://www.nfhsnetwork.com/sports/football/california

1 minute ago, Cal 14 said:

It's funny, we've seen each other at two games so far and I think we were both at a third, with no planning beforehand.

I could see a chat 

Steeler:   Looks like 3rd and 7 here

Cal14:  A sec later… they’re successful 37.8 pct this year on 3rd and 7 or longer.  

Steeler:   A screen would work here, D won’t hold their assignments 

Screen pass to XYZ, good for 12 yards and a first down.   

:) 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

I could see a chat 

Steeler:   Looks like 3rd and 7 here

Cal14:  A sec later… they’re successful 37.8 pct this year on 3rd and 7 or longer.  

Steeler:   A screen would work here, D won’t hold their assignments 

Screen pass to XYZ, good for 12 yards and a first down.   

:) 

In a way, I dodged a bullet by my gf not coming with me tonight.  This way, I don't have to hear the "Why are you ignoring me?"

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Cal 14 said:

In a way, I dodged a bullet by my gf not coming with me tonight.  This way, I don't have to hear the "Why are you ignoring me?"

Too funny!  I was about to post something similar about your gf not being there.

I agree with @golfaddict1, what a great duo to have at the game...Looking forward to some of the chatter and analytics from the two of you this weekend.

👍

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 15yds4gibberish said:

Too funny!  I was about to post something similar about your gf not being there.

I agree with @golfaddict1, what a great duo to have at the game...Looking forward to some of the chatter and analytics from the two of you this weekend.

👍

I took her to a UNLV game a month ago and reviewed the rules of the game.  By the 3rd qtr, she was doing great!  "Oh, they're short of the first down.  3 yards to go."

She was set to come with me tonight until she found out there were two games.

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, Cal 14 said:

I took her to a UNLV game a month ago and reviewed the rules of the game.  By the 3rd qtr, she was doing great!  "Oh, they're short of the first down.  3 yards to go."

She was set to come with me tonight until she found out there were two games.

She sounds brilliant...but then she hangs with the likes of you...so jury's still out... 😉

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 15yds4gibberish said:

👍

I’ve been enjoying Barney Miller episodes from 9-10 pm est on Antenna TV.  Fish with wife Bernice was so funny.  When Cal first posted about the GF, I was cracking up reading it how Fish would say it.  😂. #AbeVigoda 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Cal 14 said:

She was set to come with me tonight until she found out there were 2 games.

That separates the hard core from the dilettantes. 😄

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 15yds4gibberish said:

Go NorCal!

In all fairness, Pitt has a huge asterisk. Losing a playoff game in the division you are placed in  and then dropping down the next week to play again and “win” a section is rough.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, golfaddict1 said:

I got the 4 majors out of the way early… I wanted my GF (wife now) at the time to know what pain she’ll endure beyond just with me… 😂 

1991-1992 period  

Mets  - regular season  (Shea) 

Knicks and Rangers - MSG reg season 

Giants - preseason 

LOL!  I read this and immediately flashed on the movie Diner. The Paul Riser character insists that his fiancé has to pass a tough football quiz before he'll agree to marry her.  If she flunks the wedding is off...

"We all know most marriages depend on a firm grasp of football trivia."

😄

• Like 2
  • Haha 1