Some California news

Ararar

55 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

In all fairness, Pitt has a huge asterisk. Losing a playoff game in the division you are placed in  and then dropping down the next week to play again and “win” a section is rough.

The NCS is goofy all over the place.  The mental gymnastics of that group on the NorCal board is a sight to behold.

NCS peeps:  "Bellarmine belongs to the CCS's top league, they should be in D-I."

Me:  "San Ramon Valley is a member of the top NCS league, shouldn't they also be in D-I?"

NCS:  "Oh, they're D-II by enrollment."

NCS:  "The lower CIF divisions aren't real championships."

Me:  "Clear Lake (NCS D-7 champ) won lower division NCS titles."

NCS:  "Don't schools from very small towns deserve a chance to win a title?"

NCS:  "Santa Teresa isn't even ranked.  Why are still playing in December?"

Me:  "What is Pinole Valley (NCS D-6 champ) ranked?"

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, 15yds4gibberish said:

LOL!  I read this and immediately flashed on the movie Diner. The Paul Riser character insists that his fiancé has to pass a tough football quiz before he'll agree to marry her.  If she flunks the wedding is off...

"We all know most marriages depend on a firm grasp of football trivia."

😄

Always thought that was a brutal part of the movie.

4 hours ago, 15yds4gibberish said:

Not loving the North's chances this year, but that's why they play the games.

Here are 3 fun fact packages of 3 things about the 2022 CIF Bowl games:

• The NCS sends 3 teams:  SRV, Pittsburg, DLS.  Related bonus 3's: 
    • EBAL Trivia - SRV becomes the 3rd EBAL team to reach a state bowl championship.
    • DLS lost 3 games but managed to avenge the loss to Folsom to get here (where is block when we need him?).
  • 3 coaches from the north once played and coached for DLS: Walsh/Serra, Alambaugh/DLS, Galli/Pitt  - It's Galli's last game -- Here's to hoping you go out on a win coach.
  • SoCal's Lincoln ('Murder') Hornets is home to a lot of NFL players, especially great running backs: Marcus Allen, Terrell Davis, and this year they feature a fast GA bound  6'2" 230 lb Roderick Robinson.

Tonight - Looks like Lincoln likes to spread it out to free Robinson.  DLS is going to have to give up the pass to focus on him, but they are going to need to tackle a whole lot better than last week to bring him down.  Lincoln hasn't played an option team, so they will need to stay disciplined.  One positive sign for DLS is they did put together a 7.5 minute 16 play drive last week to close out Folsom.  If Lincoln puts 8 in the box, DLS has to make some passes.  Finally, DLS can't turn it over 3 times and they can't afford killer goal line penalties and expect to win this week. 

They have a common opponent, Cathedral Catholic.   The results were pretty close, but most agree it doesn't tell us much about the match up tonight.  Lincoln is the favorite but DLS has a chance if they clean some things up (got hyper-improvement? 😉)  Could be a good game.

Go NorCal!

3 hours ago, World Citizen said:

I watched a little bit of Lincoln vs Sierra Canyon.  Robinson is a great back.  Really quick feet and deceptively fast and very strong.  DLS has faced great backs before but those teams tackled better than this DLS team.  I still like DLS DL against Lincoln rushing attack.  

Lincoln can be effective throwing quick outs and curls and an occasional long throw down field.  They are more successful than DLS passing so adv Lincoln.  Imo. 

Lincoln D looks athletic and pretty quick.  They will no doubt play to stop the run game.   

Still can't figure out why I can't watch the games up here in Washington.  Seems just stupid the rest of country can watch except PNW.  

Great Posts!!!…. I watched 4 Lincoln Ganes over the last week…. ST Bonnie’s, SDCC, Carlsbad and Sierra Canyon, and I have to say that Lincoln is a very impressive team!….

Spot on about the Tackling, if DLS doesn’t have their best tackling game of this season, then it will be a long night because Lincoln has Big play speed all over the field…

In every game I watched Lincoln was trailing, tied or barley ahead at half or even into the 4Th quarter but put up big points in the second half… I think they had 4 or 5 scoring plays of 60-70 yards or longer….

The one area that gives them trouble is the Running game so that may be good news for DLS…. Against Carlsbad Lincoln shut down the Bama Commit QB holding him to less than 100 yards passing with an insane pass rush and their defensive secondary is very good…. But Carlsbad was able to put up 250 or so yards rushing and controlled the game holding a 10 point lead with about 4 min left before 2 missed tackles on receivers did them in…..

The Lincoln Defense is good on the Line and Secondary but their LB’s look to be their weakness…. If DLS’s O-Line can get their backs to the second level, they will have a big night as DLS has faster RB’s then the teams I saw….  

On Defense DLS has to tackle and they will have to take advantage of the Lincoln QB…. He is a Nice player and has a big arm but he throws a lot of dangerous passes and does not protect the ball well when he is under pressure…. DLS will need to pick a couple of those….

I think DLS can win this game but they will have to play mistake free and their best game of the year….  DLS will need 3-4 TD’s to win which is a tall task for the Spartans offense against the Hornets Defense…..

My Heart Says DLS 28-24 but if I was a Betting man I would take the Hornets as they look really good!….

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 15yds4gibberish said:

LOL!  I read this and immediately flashed on the movie Diner. The Paul Riser character insists that his fiancé has to pass a tough football quiz before he'll agree to marry her.  If she flunks the wedding is off...

😄

I need to check that out.   First, I need to catch my breath on that Dutch goal.  😂 

What a sweet play they drew up for the late tie. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 15yds4gibberish said:

😄

Wasnt it Eddie, Steve Gutenberg‘s character who administered the test for the Colts?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, steeler01 said:

I haven't watched DLS live since 2019, but boy does this team look so unathletic and small.  By far the worst team I've seen live of DLS

Missing the Jimmies and Joes of before

Yes, They are not the DLS of old…. 

They are playing Very well tonight…. The game plan is solid and the Kids are making plays…. The Defense has been impressive…. The fact they have been able to use the passing game should loosen up the running game even more….

Lincoln is a second half team though they put up 27 against Sierra canyon in the 3rd quarter in the last game so there is a long way to go…. 

11 hours ago, QPRTrinity said:

SoCal 2-0 vs the north.  Welcome to football down here boys.  DLS needs to get a new coaching staff.  They got some playmakers but they don't THROW it enough.

You think that NorCal didn't know about SoCal football?  C'mon block, this is below your trolling standards.  Up your game.  DLS threw it more than they ever have and you think they didn't throw it enough?  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

And Still they would beat every top team in Louisiana….. 🤣

You are a clown too.

Lincoln can't beat alemany , but they can. club DLS.

Lone Peak, UT basically put a running clock on bishop alemany.

california football I just so tremendously weak. It's hilarious when you break the entire State down.

Lincoln:

LOSSES: #1627 Alemany (Mission Hills, CA) (14-7)

2 hours ago, RedZone said:

You are a clown too.

Lincoln can't beat alemany , but they can. club DLS.

Lone Peak, UT basically put a running clock on bishop alemany.

california football I just so tremendously weak. It's hilarious when you break the entire State down.

Lincoln:

LOSSES: #1627 Alemany (Mission Hills, CA) (14-7)

And yet Both Teams would Be #1 in Louisiana….. that must be so painful for you…. 🤣

• Like 2